BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Well we could have said the same about JPvH last season - he effectively blocked Carter. But he was dead good.

I guess it's about whether Morton is a JPvH/Harvey Elliott or a Clarkson.

True about Van Hecke and Carter. But my point is, who are we counting on this season, Van Hecke or Carter. As good as Van Hecke was, a young Loanee gains nothing for the Rovers in the long run.   

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I think Bowler prefers the right side as an inverter winger so there would certainly be room for both him and Styles in the team - especially if BBD leaves. 

I’d love both but economically we won’t be able to afford the two…Styles roughly 1.5m & Bowler 3m+

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Yes. We need to develop Rovers players, not other teams youngsters. It would be different perhaps, if an experienced player was being loaned in, and we needed that experience.

I don't get that. If it makes our team better, surely that is most important? And it can allow a currently inferior youngster to play regularly out on loan, so it can make us better in the short and long term.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Well we could have said the same about JPvH last season - he effectively blocked Carter. But he was dead good.

I guess it's about whether Morton is a JPvH/Harvey Elliott or a Clarkson.

He did, but then Carter got regular game time in a successful loan spell, so his development wasn't stunted, if anything it was boosted.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If it’s the 2 out of Bowler & Styles then I’d personally go for Styles…Surely we can’t afford both?? We have Markanday & Hedges on the right, although I don’t rate the latter…

I think it’s Styles plus one of Bowler or Szmodics…

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Odd comment from GB:

"We wish to thank Dave Adams and the Board of the Welsh FA for allowing Gus to join us so promptly.”

But he isn't joining us promptly? He's joining next month. It sounds like he is leaving at the end of his contract and therefore we have nothing to thank the Welsh FA for?

Edit - Or could be a notice period as 1864 says above. Although that still doesn't sound like we need to thank the Welsh FA for any particular promptness.

In most business circles appointing a senior manager and getting him to join in the following month would be regarded as very prompt.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

In most business circles appointing a senior manager and getting him to join in the following month would be regarded as very prompt.

Very true, interviewed a guy last week, verbally informed him yesterday he has the role. Now it all needs to go through HR etc, so I suspect his job offer will arrive some time next week if I'm lucky and with IT etc, he maybe in the building in around 5 weeks, as he will have a notice to work which he wont put in until offer arrives in writing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Very true, interviewed a guy last week, verbally informed him yesterday he has the role. Now it all needs to go through HR etc, so I suspect his job offer will arrive some time next week if I'm lucky and with IT etc, he maybe in the building in around 5 weeks, as he will have a notice to work which he wont put in until offer arrives in writing

For most senior roles it’s 1-3 month notice period. This guys starting in just over a week…that’s rapid!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

What, as well as a CB in the 3 million ish range like we've been looking at?

I suspect our summer spending (setting myself up here) will be £10 million, 

Another point i will make, is that includes loan fees, sadly they dont loan players for free.

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I’d love both but economically we won’t be able to afford the two…Styles roughly 1.5m & Bowler 3m+

Transfer fees is not the issue, transfer budget is £6-9m plus can be increased if a special case comes along.

The issue is can we get them all in our wage budget. So far we are going after players who are on comfortably less than £5k a week at present club so are more than likely going to be ok on £10k or so here.

• Like 1