BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If we sell bb I’d be looking at Gyökeres or adebayo as replacements 

Gyokeres would be very good replacement for BBD and he will be main 9 with Vale and Gallagher other options for that role IMO

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Morton hasn't come here as cover - why on earth would he when he could do that at Liverpool and certainly Liverpool wouldn't allow him to come here as cover.  For goodness sake, the lad's already played some 10 1st team games for Liverpool including 2 CL games, something that would be beyond Travis and Buckley.

Morton wouldn't replace Buckley or Travis unless their form dips but he will have plenty of game time here cos how we play as team under JDT

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Gonna need more than one centre half - Barnes has done his ACL

Gutted for Sam Barnes if true

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Be surprised if this was the case, we are bigger and hold more clout than either Luton or Coventry imo, sick of folk thinking we are little blackburn rovers these days 

Either club would see us sell BBD and would want similar for their player - no doubt about it. Gyökeres is a similar age to BBD, a full Swedish international. 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Either club would see us sell BBD and would want similar for their player - no doubt about it. Gyökeres is a similar age to BBD, a full Swedish international. 

Who scored 5 (22%) less goals last season in 600 more minutes (20% more minutes), has an extra year of mileage and didn't cost them 7 million to buy. BBD is a full Chilean international, with twice the caps and twice the international goals of Gyokeres for Sweden.

Gyokeres does, however, have more time left on his deal. But no. They shouldn't be getting similar for him, especially since we will probably get half our fee to spend at best. That's not to say they won't ask for it, but it almost certainly won't be available.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Who scored 5 (22%) less goals last season in 600 more minutes (20% more minutes), has an extra year of mileage and didn't cost them 7 million to buy. BBD is a full Chilean international, with twice the caps and twice the international goals of Gyokeres for Sweden.

Gyokeres does, however, have more time left on his deal. But no. They shouldn't be getting similar for him, especially since we will probably get half our fee to spend at best. That's not to say they won't ask for it, but it almost certainly won't be available.

Kind of my point in a roundabout way. Even if he might not be valued on a direct par, its not like they will sell for any less than 10 million and we're not likely going to want to spend that. For that reason he is not really a realistic target at the current time.  

Time well tell, but reading the interview with the Posh chairman is really making me think that, if we paid anything like the 2.5 mill reported, we really got our pants pulled down on Szmodics.

Apparently he was close to making a loan move back down to League One in January, with Oxford, presumably whilst P'Boro were fighting relegation. The chairman's comments even suggest he was worried Szmodics would end up on Oxford's bench!! It really sounds like he was pants up to January and was McCann's 'best player for the last seven games'. Broughton has also been quoted as talking about how good he was for the last 10 games. We seem to have bought a player for a lot of money by our standards, on the basis of 7-10 good games at the end of the season. Until I see otherwise on the pitch I feel this move was bad business.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Well the other team is pushing forward there is much more space to gallop in to. Whereas in tight spaces the likes of Dack can make a difference. 

Yes, Dack has been making a difference in tight spaces for many years now.

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sod it here we go anyway.

Why are our coaching set up the ones who are doing the scouting?

Peterborough's setup were on the verge of sending him out on a poxy loan to League One just 8 months ago, but they were worried he might be too shit to be a starter for them. Someone's professional setup was or is wrong. Now how about you trying arguing on the merits of a point rather than using a tiresome appeal to authority and trying to shut down debate? You could always just fuck off for the rest of the transfer window if you don't like people giving opinions that don't constantly buttfuck the club's decisions.

'Appeal to authority' is a logical fallacy. So is your ad hominem that you slid in at the end there.

I'm pretty sure 18 months ago we were trying to ship BBD out to the Dutch second division who also wouldn't guarantee first team football. Players can suddenly just click on a position.

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sod it here we go anyway.

Why are our coaching set up the ones who are doing the scouting?

Peterborough's setup were on the verge of sending him out on a poxy loan to League One just 8 months ago, but they were worried he might be too shit to be a starter for them. Someone's professional setup was or is wrong. Now how about you trying arguing on the merits of a point rather than using a tiresome appeal to authority and trying to shut down debate? You could always just fuck off for the rest of the transfer window if you don't like people giving opinions that don't constantly buttfuck the club's decisions.

'Appeal to authority' is a logical fallacy. So is your ad hominem that you slid in at the end there.

Rovers would extensive scouting him by using scouting tools like Wyscout, etc plus also watching him live in a number of games at the stadium. JDT would have watch videos of him and If he happy with him then he would give his authorisation to sign him. Plus Rovers would have background checks on the player. 

Alot of work goes on into scouting and recruiting players. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 minutes ago, phili said:

I'm pretty sure 18 months ago we were trying to ship BBD out to the Dutch second division who also wouldn't guarantee first team football. Players can suddenly just click on a position.

Thank you, an actual point. However, that's 18 months ago (would actually be 20 wouldn't it?), not this January gone, and BBD didn't just click, he set on fire, and has been at least reliable ever since, not just for 7-10 games. Just a rumour anyway that wasn't it, about the loan away?

To be clear, I'm not saying I think Szmodics won't succeed here, I'm saying I think we've gone a fair bit above what the market rate for him should have been. As we did with BBD as it happens, and for 2 years that was a financial burden we got nothing back from. If Szmodics delivers to or above his fee, then happy days (we can't afford to wait 2 years for it this time though). I just fear we are using too short a sample of him playing well at this level to justify the expense as things stand.

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

anyone know whats happening with the styles/bowler transfer,both good lads those two,need to get em quickly imo,i don`t think the van hecke news is going to come to fruition🤔

Rumour is We’ve backed out of styles which to me makes sense, even though I’d love him at ewood….

Looks like Bowler is attracting attention at Forest…If they make a big no doubt he will go there.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers would extensive scouting him by using scouting tools like Wyscout, etc plus also watching him live in a number of games at the stadium. JDT would have watch videos of him and If he happy with him then he would give his authorisation to sign him. Plus Rovers would have background checks on the player. 

Alot of work goes on into scouting and recruiting players. 

I know all of that. That doesn't mean we have paid an appropriate fee or not put too much weight on his late season purple patch. Scouts and managers fuck this up all the time. As I said, time will tell and obviously I wish for him to be a huge success.

JDT and Broughton won't have watched him live in a competitive game at all I should imagine. Personally I don't think that matters vs a full video, but some do.

• Like 1