BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, Rogerb said:

I watched Sam Burns against Chorley and he was certainly far too good for that level. Hopefully he will be given a chance to progress.

Anyone on this message board who watched Simon Garner when he was in the youth team?

30 minutes ago, slowmo said:

If Dack does only loss a bit of pace and the rest of his game returns . I'm sure there's a role for him . 

We didn’t just drop Tugay as he wasn't fast / couldn't press .

I know one of Dacks strong points is finishing around the box, where as Tugay was long shots and range of passing , but Dack has more to offer than just finishing.

Time will tell to what standard he returns to .

Whoa!!

Dack and Tugay in the same sentence 😱😂😂😂😂

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Whoa!!

Dack and Tugay in the same sentence 😱😂😂😂😂

Just an example of someone else lacking pace  ,  but each capable of  moments of magic .

Different teams , times and std of football, but Dack in his pom  is still probably the most naturally talented player we have . 

He won't lose his first touch , vision  , passing, ability use his body to hold off / roll opposition and finishing . He just won't be able to chase around like a manic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I think we find ourselves in the midsts of another Brfcs bullshit fest,

You mean just like the 370 pages of there’s no money and we aren’t buying anyone? 🤣

Read the signs Gav, something is afoot. JDT didn’t make it in the AC Milan dressing room without having a ruthless streak. So what was this injury Dacky had? We heard about Carter’s hamstring so it’s not like they keep them all secret. Whether it’s Dack or anyone else, JDT doesn’t strike me as someone willing to change or adapt his plan for one player.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Just an example of someone else lacking pace  ,  but each capable of  moments of magic .

Different teams , times and std of football, but Dack in his pom  is still probably the most naturally talented player we have . 

He won't lose his first touch , vision  , passing, ability use his body to hold off / roll opposition and finishing . He just won't be able to chase around like a manic. 

I wish it was as simple as that but unfortunately it isn’t. Serious injuries and the way they can happen to you out of nothing can play on your mind. Matty Jansen never got over his no matter how hard he tried. As I said earlier physically you may appear to be fine but mentally ? Who knows. Speaking from personal experience here.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, bazza said:

Anyone on this message board who watched Simon Garner when he was in the youth team?

I doubt it - he came to Rovers as a man. Well, he already smoked 30 a day and sank 10 pints at every sitting anyway 😂

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wish it was as simple as that but unfortunately it isn’t. Serious injuries and the way they can happen to you out of nothing can play on your mind. Matty Jansen never got over his no matter how hard he tried. As I said earlier physically you may appear to be fine but mentally ? Who knows. Speaking from personal experience here.

Sure 👍  he might not get it back as before.  Wasn't Jansens a head injury getting knocked off a motorbike?

Dack is not finished, and definitely not finished with us. Fantastic player and will get back to his best. Important player this season with a lot of experience. Reckon he will get 10 goals at least this season. 

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I doubt it - he came to Rovers as a man. Well, he already smoked 30 a day and sank 10 pints at every sitting anyway 😂

Imagine how good he could have been in the modern game, with his natural talent combined with taking the profession seriously.

Dunn was similar, albeit to a lesser extent. He's only a few years older than me and I'd see him out on the pop in Utopia & Jaks very regularly. As in, a day or two before a game.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Shearer came back from his ACL remakably well and quickly almost immediately firing on all cylinders - recall him coming off the bench away to Newcastle and netting as only he could.  He was then up and running.

Contrast to Dack who, IMO, is struggling with fitness and mobility and I think the harsh reality is that he may never be up to the rigours of the Championship again. 

Dack hasn’t had one ACL either, he’s had two. He’s going to have to accept coming off the bench for the foreseeable and if he doesn’t show anything then that’ll be that. We all live in hope though, he still bagged at Coventry last season and has shown glimpses. Truth be told he was never the most mobile before his injuries so I’m not giving up on him yet. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

But JCH has never done it at this level.

21 goals in 5,700 minutes at Champ level. Sam Gallagher has 40 goal from 13,100 minutes in the Champ.

So hardly better than what we have in the building.

Stop gerrymandering your stats..Dack never scored in the championshipuntil we boughthim.....SS has hardly played in the championship too...(not saying he's a bad buy, just I've always like JCH)

JCH has scored 70 goals in last 3 years, that's good enough for me and he whacked a couple in at the weekend.  Age 28, bang on and ready to step up....if we had have signed him instead of SS you'd have been quoting his 70 goals in 3 seasons....🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sparks Rover

37 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Stop gerrymandering your stats..Dack never scored in the championshipuntil we boughthim.....SS has hardly played in the championship too...(not saying he's a bad buy, just I've always like JCH)

JCH has scored 70 goals in last 3 years, that's good enough for me and he whacked a couple in at the weekend.  Age 28, bang on and ready to step up....if we had have signed him instead of SS you'd have been quoting his 70 goals in 3 seasons....🤷‍♂️

JCH is a hard pass from me.

1 hour ago, Finlay McKenna said:

JCH is a hard pass from me.

12 goals last season in a poor team, the guy scores goals, if he went to a Cardiff or a Huddersfield I think he’d maybe do even better. I’m surprised a club hasn’t gone in for him, even at 28 years old. Very good player. 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Butty said:

12 goals last season in a poor team, the guy scores goals, if he went to a Cardiff or a Huddersfield I think he’d maybe do even better. I’m surprised a club hasn’t gone in for him, even at 28 years old. Very good player. 

He once played for our reserves (and scored I believe)

8 hours ago, Ulrich said:

On Dack given he can finish, perhaps try him as a striker? Maybe then we could try SG wide right and see if we can take advantage of his height?

Just an idea 😉

Dack’s great at arriving late into the box from an advanced midfield position. A bit like Frank Lampard was. Play him up front directly against centre halves and you lose that advantage of surprise.

• Like 9