BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

25 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He didn’t pal. JDT & GB withdrew the contract offer when they realised they could save themselves 4yrs of his wages and get Brittain in for LESS money (In total).

Nyambe and his agent have absolutely blown it. Where are those who were predicting he would be plating in the PL and that his loss would decimate us now?

No way is Brittain cheaper than Nyambe factoring in the fee paid too, which would work out at about an extra 5k over the course of the contract.

One thing that I am sure of is that I would still rather he was here, for all of his obvious limitations. I have been impressed with Brittain but even as competition and as an option to be a third centre back, he would be good to have around. Should Brittain get injured, we have Rankin Costello who you have consistently suggested is better than Nyambe but is quite frankly awful.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Impossible to know. However, as most of us did predict, he’s been replaced with little or no pain and the only time we do remember him is when we point out that he could never have done this or that whilst watching Brittain play.

Early signs are good but lets not jump the gun the only real time to judge is the end of the season.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would say more along the lines of, a million to improve on Nyambe, in the system JDT wants to play. Not just replace him.

Yes that's the best way to describe it we've paid a good fee so it's fair enough to expect an upgrade.

The issue we all thought we were facing was one of finding somebody better for nothing.

That's a whole different ball game.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Early signs are good but lets not jump the gun the only real time to judge is the end of the season.

I’ve seen Brittain play in about 6 live games and Nyambe in many many games and I’m prepared to say right now that Brittain is better. Not because he’s a world beater, the bar just wasn’t that high…

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’ve seen Brittain play in about 6 live games and Nyambe in many many games and I’m prepared to say right now that Brittain is better. Not because he’s a world beater, the bar just wasn’t that high…

Offensively yes, defensively, not a chance. Give the kid a break - when Bucko leaves i hope you dont have this same attititude. 

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes that's the best way to describe it we've paid a good fee so it's fair enough to expect an upgrade.

The issue we all thought we were facing was one of finding somebody better for nothing.

That's a whole different ball game.

No mate, the issue most of you thought we were facing was that we wouldn’t be able to afford a better RB than Nyambe. Some suggesting we’d need to spend £3-5m. Which hasn’t been the case. Just short of a million quid on a lad from Barnsley says it all….the bar really wasn’t very high.

Nyambe having to settle for Wigan on a one year contract and not even starting for them should really be the final nail in this argument.

So, Sepp Van Der Berg incoming soon!? I read a some good stuff about him this morning. Haven’t seen him play.

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No mate, the issue most of you thought we were facing was that we wouldn’t be able to afford a better RB than Nyambe. Some suggesting we’d need to spend £3-5m. Which hasn’t been the case. Just short of a million quid on a lad from Barnsley says it all….the bar really wasn’t very high.

Nyambe having to settle for Wigan on a one year contract and not even starting for them should really be the final nail in this argument.

So, Sepp Van Der Berg incoming soon!? I read a some good stuff about him this morning. Haven’t seen him play.

You are calling this new lad better after two games. You need to hang back a bit here. I hope the lad does well but you are really diminishing what Nyambe did for us. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Offensively yes, defensively, not a chance. Give the kid a break - when Bucko leaves i hope you dont have this same attititude. 

Attitude? What on earth are you talking about? It’s nothing personal. He’s just not great. Decent defensively, poor offensively. I said it when he was our player. 

52 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Got done over by his agent, yes. But now he is apparently sh it. Check stats when he was and wasnt playing for us. Mani, i thought you big up academy lads - dude was with us for how many years?

Stats can be manipulated any way you want. As a right back he could bomb forward and he could defend at times however, he cant head a ball, his throw ins are poor, he cannot cross a ball, he doesn't score and that's just my observations from watching him!

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Attitude? What on earth are you talking about? It’s nothing personal. He’s just not great. Decent defensively, poor offensively. I said it when he was our player. 

You said it once it was clear he was not renewing. 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

When Ash leave,s 'hes shit' anyway'

Bore off mate, ask me if we miss Darragh? Whether we’d be better with Rothwell? I think we’ll struggle to afford to replace both of those guys…I just never thought that would be the same with Nyambe…it turns out I was right. 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Bore off mate, ask me if we miss Darragh? Whether we’d be better with Rothwell? I think we’ll struggle to afford to replace both of those guys…I just never thought that would be the same with Nyambe…it turns out I was right. 

Do you still think that Rankin Costello is better than Nyambe?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

yeah team of the Season Lenihan - he's crap too. 

Edited by JacknOry

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

You again are now judging Nyambe vs 2 games with our new RB. he has started ok, nothing special. Good pedigree and looks to be a decent player. Fans of his former club say he cant defend. 

I do think people fetishize academy graduates. Nyambe was a decent defensive full back. He was woeful going forward, beyond being quite quick.

He was very poorly advised by his agent during the transfer saga. I do agree that Brittain (so far) looks a perfectly serviceable replacement, with the added bonus of not looking way out of his depth in the attacking third.

• Like 2