BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

You again are now judging Nyambe vs 2 games with our new RB. he has started ok, nothing special. Good pedigree and looks to be a decent player. Fans of his former club say he cant defend. 

6 times, I’ve seen him play live 6 times but tbh I could’ve said he was better than Nyambe after the first 20 mins. I think I actually did in the match they played us at Ewood 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

He's definitely better going forward. 

They are both very poor at that side, at least Nyambe has the power and pace to occasionally get to the byline and pull a ball back.

I have always seen the idea that Rankin Costello is good going forward as a bit of a myth. He has never shown it.

• Like 2

Any mention of the stats of when and when Nyambe didnt play for us last season?

Keeps getting ignored. Nyambe is shit and Brittain is so much better from 6 games viewing. Former club fans think he cant defend. lets see. 

Besides, attacking wise, former club fans said same about Brittain as we did Nyambe. he doesnt have anything int he final third. Didnt score for them once (until a recent friendly). 

Edited by JacknOry

8 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Tbf van den berg can play rb too and if everyone hates ranking costello so much he will be as good as nyambe there any way.

We will need to clone him then as if he comes in, he will be doing so to play at centre back ie his actual position and where we are desperately short after losing our captain and also our player of the year from there.

30 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Is he? Got stats on that? I dont recall Costello getting any assists. 

Pretty sure he set at least one up (for Gallagher?) when we smashed Wednesday at Hillsborough.

Top of my head, there might be more.

He is shit at RB, but there is a player somewhere in there, in a different position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Pretty sure he set at least one up (for Gallagher?) when we smashed Wednesday at Hillsborough.

Top of my head, there might be more.

He is shit at RB, but there is a player somewhere in there, in a different position.

Nyambe has assists too. 

Look, im not saying we have not made a good signing in a position we shouldn't have had to. Brittain looks good so far. I just hate this 'hate' on youngsters that have come though and moved on. These kids lived and breathed the club for many years. Mani has always had a thing against Nyambe. It grates on me. Nyambe was nothing but a model professional who, in my opinion, was mistreated by TM. Stats, however, which Mani refuses to even engage me on, we did better with him in the team than without. Even Tm said he was the best 1 on 1 defender in the league. This gets forgotten and now he is shit cos he has left. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Lad has been with us for how many years and some neandathals on here attacking him. Came throuigh the academy. Great look for any futures kids coming through. Leave and Mani labels you as shit. 

I'd imagine someone who turns down a contract after being somehere for many years and leaves for another club due to prestige and pay wouldnt really care what Neanderthals on a messageboard has to say in the first place. Feel that loyalty should be a two way street and not a railroad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rebelmswar said:

I'd imagine someone who turns down a contract after being somehere for many years and leaves for another club due to prestige and pay wouldnt really care what Neanderthals on a messageboard has to say in the first place. Feel that loyalty should be a two way street and not a railroad.

Yeah okay, would you stay working for a company that pays 20k a week for Ayala to play one third of the season while you earn 4k?  

28 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Lad has been with us for how many years and some neandathals on here attacking him. Came throuigh the academy. Great look for any futures kids coming through. Leave and Mani labels you as shit. 

No ones attacking him he was a serviceable rb who we have replaced he had every opportunity to stay up until the contract offer was withdrawn and he's ended up a reserve at Wigan good luck to him I hope he gets a game soon but he chose to leave.

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

No ones attacking him he was a serviceable rb who we have replaced he had every opportunity to stay up until the contract offer was withdrawn and he's ended up a reserve at Wigan good luck to him I hope he gets a game soon but he chose to leave.

He hasnt ended up as a reserve. FFS, he has had no pre-season. 

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah okay, would you stay working for a company that pays 20k a week for Ayala to play one third of the season while you earn 4k?  

If I went elsewhere for more money, leaving my previous coworkers understaffed I'm sure I'd be happy enough but would not expect the ones I left, and their friends, to think I'm a hero and continue to rate me highly because the company put me through uni.

• Like 2

It’s a game of opinions isn’t it!

I’ve seen Brittain play twice for us and probably a couple of times for Barnsley. He never especially stood out against Barnsley, but has played well in his two games for us. Not exceptionally, but well. 

My judgement so far - which is reserve the right to change later - is if we’re playing four at the back then Nyambe was more suited. If we’re playing a wing back then Brittain looks more suited. Nobody knows the numbers, so all of this is based on them both costing the same. 

• Like 7

Nyambe was a bang average championship RB who didn’t adapt to the modern game. 

Just because he came through our academy and played 180 games for us, some folk put him on a pedestal. He was paid to do a job.

Bang average player, playing for a bang average Championship side on the whole over the last 4 seasons. 

He was paid for his service, he didn’t want to sign new terms and then he’s signed for an inferior team. End of chat. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s a game of opinions isn’t it!

I’ve seen Brittain play twice for us and probably a couple of times for Barnsley. He never especially stood out against Barnsley, but has played well in his two games for us. Not exceptionally, but well. 

My judgement so far - which is reserve the right to change later - is if we’re playing four at the back then Nyambe was more suited. If we’re playing a wing back then Brittain looks more suited. Nobody knows the numbers, so all of this is based on them both costing the same. 

I would have been more than happy for nyambe to stay but he's been adequately replaced I hope he gets a run an does well but he's gone and been replaced.