BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

38 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I doubt it puts people off. People sign up here to engage with other supporters. Go to any football forum on the planet and it is the same. They talk about biscuits and crisps in the PNE transfer thread. Either get a sense of humor or follow Nixons every move if you want pure transfer talk. Nothing comes out related to our transfers anyway - we need to talk about something - be a very boring place then - which would definitely put people off from joining. 

People would rather get by on a diet of spade loads of bull because even though it is mostly bull it comes at them thick and fast.

If they want fictional content to keep the mind occupied i suggest they read a book instead. 

Or follow Nixon and the red tops.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Well done Lee. In your indignation about what we discuss here being too boring, you've started and partaken in a fascinating discussion about what we discuss. The irony appears to be lost on you though.

At least it moved the topic on from acronyms. I’ll take that as a win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

I doubt it puts people off. People sign up here to engage with other supporters. Go to any football forum on the planet and it is the same. They talk about biscuits and crisps in the PNE transfer thread. Either get a sense of humor or follow Nixons every move if you want pure transfer talk. Nothing comes out related to our transfers anyway - we need to talk about something - be a very boring place then - which would definitely put people off from joining. 

Which biscuits? Which crisps?

• Like 2

VDB to be announced tomorrow And be introduced to fans during half time ?
that was a thing clubs used to do , can’t remember last time I saw it at Ewood … (watch some smart arse come up with a player from last year 😂

14 minutes ago, AJW said:

that was a thing clubs used to do , can’t remember last time I saw it at Ewood … (watch some smart arse come up with a player from last year 😂

Did it with Brereton didn’t they? Though the transfer had already been announced so it wasn’t a surprise or anything 

16 minutes ago, AJW said:

Wouldn't that be the day way back when we announced Gary Croft and Gary Flitcroft to a confused Ewood crowd?

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

1 hour ago, Dan said:

We’ve built a lovely little community over here, many different kinds of posters with different views. You could liken it to a load of daft drunk blokes in a pub chatting shit about the footy and having a laugh, passing the time. It’s not an official source of info, it’s like social media for Rovers fans.  

I’m sure we used to have two transfer threads though? One for links and one for chat/discussion. 

I concur btw. I love the idea of a forum/messageboard, it's fantastic to see a commnuity thrive in the way BRFCS has. My one and only point is this is a transfer thread and I think other chat should be in another thread. 

If there's nothing to talk about re transfers this thread should be quiet. That's just the way I view it. I'm not in charge though.

FYI I'm blocked by Nixon... 

Edited by bringdunnback

15 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think overall, this is a really good community tbh. I’ve met people from the forum in real life who are sound and I’d class them as pals. I also know quite a few people that post on here too that I knew already. Does the ‘group think’ lean towards the negative side? Probably.

Is that because of the damage Venky’s have done to the club since they’ve owned us? I’d say most definitely. I suspect there’s more to it than that, but- some people are glass half full, some glass half empty. It’s only pixels on a screen, in any event.

What doesn’t help, is people telling people what to think and when they’re allowed to make judgments. Or conversely, when people are labelled ‘happy clappers’ when they have a different viewpoint. 

Everyone had a right to their opinion, however much you may disagree with them. Whether that be politics (not in the football forum please), music, food, or anything else that may matter to you in life the most.

From this forum, I’ve picked up a few things- whether that’s new metaphors, improved vocabulary or even putting myself forward to be a mod, or to be on the fans forum, I’d say as a whole, it’s been massively beneficial on a personal level. 

Do I spend far too much time on here?
Absolutely, it’s bordering on obsession. But, that’s mostly due to being obsessed with the fortunes of the club that is the reason we all visited here in the first place.

On this forum, as with life in general, I think we need to focus on what unites us, rather than what divides us.

Anyway, I’m rambling. Enjoy this hot weather everyone- it won’t be about forever!

Amen hallelujah 🍻✊🏻💙🤍

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think overall, this is a really good community tbh. I’ve met people from the forum in real life who are sound and I’d class them as pals. I also know quite a few people that post on here too that I knew already. Does the ‘group think’ lean towards the negative side? Probably.

Is that because of the damage Venky’s have done to the club since they’ve owned us? I’d say most definitely. I suspect there’s more to it than that, but- some people are glass half full, some glass half empty. It’s only pixels on a screen, in any event.

What doesn’t help, is people telling people what to think and when they’re allowed to make judgments. Or conversely, when people are labelled ‘happy clappers’ when they have a different viewpoint. 

Everyone had a right to their opinion, however much you may disagree with them. Whether that be politics (not in the football forum please), music, food, or anything else that may matter to you in life the most.

From this forum, I’ve picked up a few things- whether that’s new metaphors, improved vocabulary or even putting myself forward to be a mod, or to be on the fans forum, I’d say as a whole, it’s been massively beneficial on a personal level. 

Do I spend far too much time on here?
Absolutely, it’s bordering on obsession. But, that’s mostly due to being obsessed with the fortunes of the club that is the reason we all visited here in the first place.

On this forum, as with life in general, I think we need to focus on what unites us, rather than what divides us.

Anyway, I’m rambling. Enjoy this hot weather everyone- it won’t be about forever!

Also due to most of being clued up on what's actually going on and not believing everything we read unlike the FB crew lol.

Amen to BRFCs

• Like 1

I think one problem with finding the RIGHT defender now has only just become apparent in the last fortnight... 

I don't think anybody was expecting Ayala to become such a prominent dominating figure in our defence and although everyone likes to bash his injury record in recent years there's now no reason that with better coaching and fitness management he could be over the worst of it and be able to get 30+ games under his belt, So maybe now I think we're looking for someone to play backup to Ayala (and wharton to an extent) where as a few weeks ago i think we where looking more for a first choice "starter" with Ayala being more of a back up. 

If any of that makes sense 😣🤷‍♂️

Sorry If I'm just waffling, but the last few days posts on here have been pretty poor, so I'm  trying 😄

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I think one problem with finding the RIGHT defender now has only just become apparent in the last fortnight... 

I don't think anybody was expecting Ayala to become such a prominent dominating figure in our defence and although everyone likes to bash his injury record in recent years there's no reason he can't be over the worst of it now and be able to get 30+ games under his belt, So now I think were looking for someone to play backup to Ayala (and wharton to an extent) where as a few weeks ago i think we where looking more for a first choice "starter" with Ayala being more of a back up. 

If any of that makes sense 😣🤷‍♂️

Sorry If I'm just waffling, but the last few days posts on here have been pretty poor, so I'm  trying 😄

Not really - Ayala can't be risked twice a week, so whoever you bring in is going to start half the games during this hectic period.

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So in true Venky style, we are not buying a Rovers central defender.

4th season in a row we are sniffing at PL kids who will go on to be out of our reach.

Treading water until we can get one season out of our home grown central defenders, before they also move on and become out of our financial reach.

We have become an eager slave to the PL boys, whom Jack had us beating down here on a regular basis.

Think that’s more typical championship club style…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Which biscuits? Which crisps?

I see what you did there - keeping this thread off transfers, you're going to be in for it now just wait for the 'Keep the thread on topic police' to arrive... 😃 

I'll bite though. 

Fave biscuit - chocolate digestive.

Fave crisps - salt and vinegar.

• Like 1