BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, Maphsa said:

I don't post often, but I'll weigh in on the Nyambe debate. I feel he was a reasonable player at this level, but after 4 seasons he really didn't improve at all and I think we definitely needed to move on if we intend to improve. I think there's a very contrast view on here, with many rating him highly and others not. 

Personally, I think his positioning was awful defensively, but made up for it with his pace. I found he was often caught out of position, but was able to track back well enough sometimes to make up for it. This for me is the reason he didn't make a step up after leaving us and ended up at Wigan; top players don't often find themselves out of position like I felt Nyambe did. Going forward there was definitely a lot to be desired and I can't remember any successful crosses from him.

Looking at some of the players now (I accept it's early on) but maybe it was TM that was holding him back; that certainly seems to be the case with Travis. Unfortunately we didn't get to see whether this was the case, but I definitely think Brittain is an upgrade and feel we're going in the right direction here.

We definitely need a better back up than JRC at right back, but then he's a winger that's been shoehorned into the position.

Pretty much how I saw him. I thought his assists were so low because of the same awareness problem at the other end: he just seemed not good at seeing where players were or going to be at either end.

One reason Travis looks better might be because he doesn’t have to keep dropping diagonally back behind Nyambe to receive the inevitable pass the buck pass, which he seemed to 10–15 times a game. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JacknOry said:

He hasnt ended up as a reserve. FFS, he has had no pre-season. 

I've said this from the point Wigan were initially interested- their captain Darikwa is a right back. He's not getting dropped for Nyambe. It's nothing to do with a pre season, he's arguably a better player too. Would we bring a midfielder in and drop Trav? Would we hell.

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Do you honestly think players at Championship level just run out and play wherever  they feel like playing ? He’ll have been playing exactly where he was told to play by the coaching staff. Anybody who disregarded their explicit instructions would have the hard word. If they ignored that they would  be subbed.

Aye, but then again, Ten Hag at MANCHESTER DISJOINTED said yesterday that his players had collectively 'put the tactical plan in the bin'. That is at one of the world's richest clubs where you'd have thought there would be a modicum of discipline from the 'professionals'!

Coaching and managing players at any level is definitely a skill, and one that we seemed to be sorely lacking before the arrival of JDT. As far as RN is concerned, given his clear limitations (hot headedness, tendency to drift out of position, lack of final ball in the final third) perhaps it was more a question that the LACK of a clear game plan under the gurning chump just confused the feck out of him even more, exposing his defensive frailties and undermining his attacking confidence?

Anyway, back to th' thread... any hint of signings incoming?

COYB!

12 minutes ago, EwoodGlory said:

With forest signing about 15 players, they must be getting rid of some on loan as they won't get in their squad

Like who? Most of their good players last season were loan players anyway. Cant really think of many fringe players who'd be of interest. Still think Grabban will be a good signing for someone mind, although he's left them now obviously. 

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It's because he hasn't had a pre season so isn't match fit.

and that his fault and his agent! no one else

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No way is Brittain cheaper than Nyambe factoring in the fee paid too, which would work out at about an extra 5k over the course of the contract.

One thing that I am sure of is that I would still rather he was here, for all of his obvious limitations. I have been impressed with Brittain but even as competition and as an option to be a third centre back, he would be good to have around. Should Brittain get injured, we have Rankin Costello who you have consistently suggested is better than Nyambe but is quite frankly awful.

Nyambe is decent player but we need much better if he want Promotion. Plus factoring the contract situation I am pleased he has gone. 

12 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I’ve seen Brittain play in about 6 live games and Nyambe in many many games and I’m prepared to say right now that Brittain is better. Not because he’s a world beater, the bar just wasn’t that high…

Well Paul, I have been suggesting Callum Brittain coming here as right back for a number of months and in number of posts on here cos it was clearly we didn't have a good enough Right back in attacking areas and defensively. I was very happy we signed him. very good player

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I have always seen the idea that Rankin Costello is good going forward as a bit of a myth. He has never shown it.

Rankin Costello shown it a couple of games 2 years ago like Wycombe at home and Derby away in 2020/21 season but he is too injury prone and why I would loan him out whilst keeping James Brown around the team. He was man of the match yesterday for Stockport

10 hours ago, rover23 said:

Nyambe was a bang average championship RB who didn’t adapt to the modern game. 

Just because he came through our academy and played 180 games for us, some folk put him on a pedestal. He was paid to do a job.

Bang average player, playing for a bang average Championship side on the whole over the last 4 seasons. 

He was paid for his service, he didn’t want to sign new terms and then he’s signed for an inferior team. End of chat. 

Spot on Summary on him

9 hours ago, J*B said:

One things for sure, I liked that Nyambe could fill in at centre back. That was especially useful.

Imagine if Scott Wharton had picked up a knock in training, say yesterday, and we only had Ayala fit to play centre back for a clash with WBA? 

Did you know? 

Always said we needed 2 CBs. I hope the people that said we only needed 1 are comfortable with today’s news

• Like 1

Liverpool hopeful Sepp van den Berg set for Blackburn loan transfer but Rovers face hefty fines if he doesn’t play

Liverpool hopeful Sepp van den Berg set for Blackburn loan transfer but Rovers face hefty fines if he doesn't play | The Sun

if JDT thinks he will be key player for his team and wants him then lets back his judgement 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

Can’t play him in their own team but happy to impose fines on others for him not getting into theirs. Not a fan of this kind of deal to be honest.

However at this rate, by next weekend he will be the only one that’s fit. 

Edited by Lee0r
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Liverpool in effect picking the Rovers team and forcing the manager to play him

Tell them not so politely to go away 

Well we won't get any loans then as this isn't unique similar clauses would have been in place for Elliott,Tosin, Bellis,Van Hecke etc.

Premier league teams send their kids to play not sit on the bench of an EFL side and if they don't make the team they want compensating.

7 minutes ago, Lee0r said:

Can’t play him in their own team but happy to impose fines on others for him not getting into theirs. Not a fan of this kind of deal to be honest.

However at this rate, by next weekend he will be the only one that’s fit. 

As said above it isn't unique.Them along with all the other big clubs will have similar clauses for all their best kids

I don't like the thought of Liverpool dictating our team selection if that story is true. There are so many variables in this such as loss of form. It's a real looking down the nose at us from them and comes across as arrogant.

Hopefully it's just another bullshit piece from yer man Nixon.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I would suggest that's bollocks from Nixon. Never heard of such a loan deal before.

Broughton seems a savvy man, I honestly doubt he'd be up for such a ridiculous deal.

It isn't bollox it's standard practice for those teams to do this when clubs are only part paying the wage.

Do you think when Elliot came here we didn't have to do the same? Tosin? 

Other clubs will be signing up to such deals to get players over the line.Its bullshit that it's allowed agree,but if everyone else is doing it and we ain't it puts us at a disadvantage.

These clubs just don't give out their better younger players without some sort of guarantee of gametime or compensation if they don't play 

• Like 1