BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Scott Wharton is very under-rated imo, so calm and steady he makes it easy for the people playing alongside him.

Maybe Lenihan is realising that at the moment 

Agreed, way better concentration than Lenihan who's weakness I thought was his lack of concentration and anticipation on the ball.

Wharton the package.

18 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The Oxford English Dictionary offers two definitions of “acronym”:

1. A group of initial letters used as an abbreviation for a name or expression, each letter or part being pronounced separately (such as ATM, TLS). 

2. A word formed from the initial letters of other words or (occasionally) from the initial parts of syllables taken from other words, the whole being pronounced as a single word (such as NATO, RADA).

That's the OED, an acronym

For the avoidance of doubt

You seem to have edited out the word initialism in your first example 🤣🤣

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The Oxford English Dictionary offers two definitions of “acronym”:

1. A group of initial letters used as an abbreviation for a name or expression, each letter or part being pronounced separately (such as ATM, TLS). 

2. A word formed from the initial letters of other words or (occasionally) from the initial parts of syllables taken from other words, the whole being pronounced as a single word (such as NATO, RADA).

That's the OED, an acronym

For the avoidance of doubt

Maybe its an anachronism.

Edited by rebelmswar

Now now, if we wanted the thread to be ruined me and RevBlue would start debating. 

As a side note if you mention ANY reference to politics outside of the WDWY section it comes with a warning. Consider this your red flag, danger ahead…

• Like 4

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Lies and misrepresentation like that will get you a job in Government. 

And there's the Bat-Signal to shut this detour down.

Not necessarily because of this comment. Just because the conversation has run it's course. 

Time to get back on track to transfers please. 

Any further English lesson posts will be hidden, maybe even moved to a super fun new thread in off topic, which I'm sure will be red hot. 💥💥💥

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Theaxe15 said:

Medical at Watford apparently. Would have loved him here. Proper handful 

I don't see how he fits into how JDT wants the front 4 to play

10 hours ago, Lee0r said:

Nixon (I know) saying the plan is for a Rovers announcement today on VDB - Dependant on Liverpool not having injuries that delay it. 

Nixon saying it should be done early next week now

9 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Do we still reckon Ash Phillips is off? Seems odd he made his debut and then gets sold?

The contract offer is still on the table and down to the player and reps to sign the deal from what we read 

11 minutes ago, Silas said:

And there's the Bat-Signal to shut this detour down.

Not necessarily because of this comment. Just because the conversation has run it's course. 

Time to get back on track to transfers please. 

Any further English lesson posts will be hidden, maybe even moved to a super fun new thread in off topic, which I'm sure will be red hot. 💥💥💥

Yay, a grammar thread - cant wait!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The back 3 as a plan B to see out games has a semblance of sense but just because we could have a third centre back doesn't mean we need to play all 3.

It also seems counter productive to play a formation that doesn't include a number 10 where both our best player and main summer signing play.

I would start 4-2-3-1 formation cos that the formation that suits the squad and the players we have at the club. 

Van Der Berg can play centre back in back 4, right centre back in back 3 and right back so we will have a very versatile defender signing 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if Brereton is, he is unlikely to be here past the window.

You keep assuming he will leave and you ignore the possible that he might actually to stay here long term and sign a new contract here. No club has put a bid in that we is acceptable and I don't see any PL club at the minute likely to with a number of teams looking overseas for strikers. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Talented? Yes. But Dack was one of the best players in the league. Lets hope he still is.

That was nearly 3 years ago. Kaminski, Travis, Buckley, BBD based on the performances over the last 12 months. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think with the

If everyone is fit, I would say that the best 18 would be Kaminski, Pears, Brittain, Pickering, Edun, Ayala, Wharton, Carter, Buckley, Travis, Morton, Hedges, Dack, Szmodics, Brereton, Gallagher, Dolan and Markanday.

At the moment, only Carter isn't and that leaves the real possibility of being forced to chuck a 17 year old into an important league game.

Even looking at that squad, in the main it is more than competitive but we have there an inept sub keeper, Carter, Morton and Markanday are young and unproven 

All that is before the likely departure of Brereton.

we need another 2 signings after hopefully Van Der Berg loan deal is done. 

Only way that players like Carter, Morton and Markanday will get proven is by playing and developing here. I also think Pears is fine as number 2 keeper and he had some good games last season then one shocking game against Wigan. 

I still get why you saying that Brereton departure is likely either

41 minutes ago, J*B said:

Now now, if we wanted the thread to be ruined me and RevBlue would start debating. 

As a side note if you mention ANY reference to politics outside of the WDWY section it comes with a warning. Consider this your red flag, danger ahead…

I been wondering for ages what’s WDWY?

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Love to see more of Adam Wharton.

Remember Scott saying that he himself isn't the most talented footballer in the family.

Scott for me out best CB too.

Ayala is easily our best - but he only plays about a third of the season. 

Love Wharton though and think he will end up better than Lenihan. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phili said:

New FfP rules come into force next summer with 90% wage budget and owners allowed to inject £60m over 3 years into the club. So a complete reset starting from scratch next summer. We just need to get to 90% by then. 

Further strengthening those on parachute payments. It'll be the same 5-6 clubs yo-yoing every year. 

• Like 3