BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bollocks to it - I've seen enough now (seen WBA, Burnley and Watford twice). 

Keep Brereton, back JDT and we're in with a shot of promotion. We shouldn't be scared of Burnley or Watford.

Yep, pretty much my view on it.

I'd amend it slightly to keep Brereton, bring in another striker and a CB, back JDT and we're in with a shot of promotion.

• Like 6

Very very early doors gents. The first 11 is good, but I think if you had the squad in front of you, you’d say we’re a few injuries or suspensions away from trouble in:

Keeper - Kaminski great, the rest poor  

Right Back - Brittain great, the rest poor

Centre Back - Ayala great, Wharton good, Carter unproven but potential. 

Left Back - Pickering good enough, Edun I’m still not convinced

Central Midfield - Trav and Bucko are great, Morton could be good.

Attackers - covered

Strikers - not convinced by Gallagher or Vale 

We can’t have a good backup for every position, obviously. But I’d worry especially if we got long term injuries to Kaminski, Brittain, Ayala, Pickering, Travis or Buckley… and we would still need a striker on top. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Because people are discussing FFP ?

Grow up FFS!

Are you joking, mate? People have spent the last 3 days talking about acronyms. FO to the acronym thread. It’s absolutely dull as dishwater on here - Hard to read and 99% irrelevant. If you’ve nothing to say about transfers, or links to transfers then clear off elsewhere. 

I’m sure there’s a FFP thread you can get involved in.

Edited by Lee0r
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

Very very early doors gents. The first 11 is good, but I think if you had the squad in front of you, you’d say we’re a few injuries or suspensions away from trouble in:

Keeper - Kaminski great, the rest poor  

Right Back - Brittain great, the rest poor

Centre Back - Ayala great, Wharton good, Carter unproven but potential. 

Left Back - Pickering good enough, Edun I’m still not convinced

Central Midfield - Trav and Bucko are great, Morton could be good.

Attackers - covered

Strikers - not convinced by Gallagher or Vale 

We can’t have a good backup for every position, obviously. But I’d worry especially if we got long term injuries to Kaminski, Brittain, Ayala, Pickering, Travis or Buckley… and we would still need a striker on top. 

Hence "back JDT".

35 minutes ago, Lee0r said:

Are you joking, mate? People have spent the last 3 days talking about acronyms. FO to the acronym thread. It’s absolutely dull as dishwater on here - Hard to read and 99% irrelevant. If you’ve nothing to say about transfers, or links to transfers then clear off elsewhere. 

I think it's you who needs to naff off you probably aren't suited to this kind of place.

Mard arses never are and you are now indulging in your own slanging match after complaining about content on here. If you want to do so take it to DM but otherwise feel free to tell us what you have to say about transfer instead of a hypocritical post being a moaner moaning about the moaners.

Get it !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

So that 60 mill is basically the 20 mill per season they already put in to cover shortfalls.

We still need a sale to reinvest.

At the moment £13m per season allowed by the rules hence why we no longer own the training ground so Venky's could inject the £20m a season. 

I would just keep BBD, sign 4 more players and go for it this year. We have as good as a shot as anyone this season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, phili said:

At the moment £13m per season allowed by the rules hence why we no longer own the training ground so Venky's could inject the £20m a season. 

I would just keep BBD, sign 4 more players and go for it this year. We have as good as a shot as anyone this season.

100% agree

Though last season was probably our once in a decade real chance if we can end up building on it we;ll give ourselves a chance at least.

As for BBD no point selling him now really we might as well get the best out of him for another season. Vs don't want or need the money but the club does.  It won't make any difference until next years books anyway now so there'd be no benefit to the team this season unless they got in a swift high quality loanee.

With them possibly being able to inject a bit more next summer it covers the loss of a sale anyway given what we are likely to end up with money wise.

• Like 2

I’m in the opposite camp. Sell Breo, give JDT 12 months to assess the squad and the youngsters, then give JDT and GB 12 months to fill in the easy gaps, then in year three throw the kitchen sink at it. 

• Like 8

I wonder how many people saying keep Diaz, complained we didn't sell Rothwell ? (not a dig, but shows the difficult balancing act of when to sell players)

Personally I would leave to GB and JDT. Replacing BBD goals won't be straightforward - especially doing it on a limited wage budget. But if they feel they could balance the books and make us overall stronger ? At the end of the day - by writing off his transfer fee - we would be gambling £20m on promotion - all with a new unproven manager (early signs are good, but it is still early).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

I think it's you who needs to naff off you probably aren't suited to this kind of place.

Mard arses never are and you are now indulging in your own slanging match after complaining about content on here. If you want to do so take it to DM but otherwise feel free to tell us what you have to say about transfer instead of a hypocritical post being a moaner moaning about the moaners.

Get it !

The point is the thread goes off track to the purpose. We are literally using pages & pages & pages of non transfer news. 

I get small discussions but it does get frustrating when it drags on… especially when you log on late at night for the first time….when we’re all desperate for transfers! 

You could call it pot kettle black for me dragging it on again now haha…Annnnyway…….We want Sepp but I have a suspicion that it will fall through…Anyone the same? 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Can tell there’s a lot of new members (which is a good thing, of course) as most threads of any decent size have always gone off on tangents - puns, completely irrelevant discussions, memory lane, you name it! 

Just what football message boards do. Especially transfer threads when there’s not been a sniff of a transfer for over a week. Nature abhors a vacuum and all that…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Annnnyway…….We want Sepp but I have a suspicion that it will fall through…Anyone the same? 

Yup. I always worry till they're signed on the dotted line. And we really need a centre back urgently. Not sure Ayala can get through the three games this coming week. 

Plus Lancs.live have jinxed it by doing a "what to expect from Sepp" feature before he's even signed. 

Edited by xtp
  • Like 2

So in true Venky style, we are not buying a Rovers central defender.

4th season in a row we are sniffing at PL kids who will go on to be out of our reach.

Treading water until we can get one season out of our home grown central defenders, before they also move on and become out of our financial reach.

We have become an eager slave to the PL boys, whom Jack had us beating down here on a regular basis.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lee0r said:

Its not compulsory to stay on here if you don't like it! Better than boring the rest of us with your moaning.

• Like 2