BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah I still can't see him staying, nor can we afford to keep him really. Teams will get more desperate as the window goes on. If he even stays until January, he can sign a pre-contractual agreement abroad.

The sensible thing to do is to try and sell him for as much as possible and reinvest a good proportion back on another potential goalscorer. We can't let him go for free…

Looking back to what Glen was saying a couple of weeks ago, the Venky’s model would be to keep him and let his contract run down, come what may.

The difference now, is that we have Greg Broughton and a much more forward thinking head coach. Obviously, Greg and JDT will have sat down with Ben and discussed the various options. Yes, it will be difficult to keep hold of Ben if Premier League teams come knocking and I am sure if the decision is to sell now, we will wish him well and not stand in the way of his progression.

From what I have seen of GB and JDT so far, I am more than happy to go along with whatever those two think will be for the betterment of the club, assuming they can get Venky’s singing from the same hymn sheet.

• Like 5

So Van Dan Berg is almost a done deal and I think it's another very shrewd signing.

He's a proven performer at this level and knows the area well, so he should be able to hit the ground running. I would hope that there's a chance we may be able to sign him permanently down the line too as he's never going to play for Liverpool and I doubt he would be wildly expensive. 

The youngsters look good, our new signings look good, and our new manager has started well. It's all looking a bit more promising for a good season ahead. Still think we need more though. 

• Like 2

No way they can let VDB come here on loan if Matip is injured for any period of time, just says a groin but hopefully not too bad. Konate is already out for a while with his knee and although he never got a look in they dont even have Davies to fall back on the season.

36 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

At last. 

Jim Admits Paul's Expertise.

Where?

Paul In Fantasyland Following Lightweight Enunciation, or PIFFLE

This is clogging up the transfer thread and talk about the forthcoming arrival of scores of new players, which I'm sure is annoying many folks.

In light of your continuing lack of evidence, time to move on and admit

Acronyms Raise Societal Education, or ARSE

• Like 3

I think with the

If everyone is fit, I would say that the best 18 would be Kaminski, Pears, Brittain, Pickering, Edun, Ayala, Wharton, Carter, Buckley, Travis, Morton, Hedges, Dack, Szmodics, Brereton, Gallagher, Dolan and Markanday.

At the moment, only Carter isn't and that leaves the real possibility of being forced to chuck a 17 year old into an important league game.

Even looking at that squad, in the main it is more than competitive but we have there an inept sub keeper, Carter, Morton and Markanday are young and unproven and Edun has question marks too.

It is really important to have a strong bench even more so now with 5 subs available, you need all of the bench to be capable.

Beyond that bench though is where the worry is, basically just purely kids.

All that is before the likely departure of Brereton.

1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Looking back to what Glen was saying a couple of weeks ago, the Venky’s model would be to keep him and let his contract run down, come what may.

The difference now, is that we have Greg Broughton and a much more forward thinking head coach. Obviously, Greg and JDT will have sat down with Ben and discussed the various options. Yes, it will be difficult to keep hold of Ben if Premier League teams come knocking and I am sure if the decision is to sell now, we will wish him well and not stand in the way of his progression.

From what I have seen of GB and JDT so far, I am more than happy to go along with whatever those two think will be for the betterment of the club, assuming they can get Venky’s singing from the same hymn sheet.

On the other hand, if the owners are of the view that BBD stays barring an offer that meets their valuation, JDT and GB might be confident enough in their own ability to go along with this and not publicly break ranks and sulk for the remainder of the season like Mowbray.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

On the other hand, if the owners are of the view that BBD stays barring an offer that meets their valuation, JDT and GB might be confident enough in their own ability to go along with this and not publicly break ranks and sulk for the remainder of the season like Mowbray.

Quite agree and I’m as sure as I can be that they, JDT and GB, would go along with that scenario.

It’s the outcome that I want to be honest.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Quite agree and I’m as sure as I can be that they, JDT and GB, would go along with that scenario.

It’s the outcome that I want to be honest.

Me too.

Edit: It's not my money so the nightmare situation for me is not losing out on £15m but a promising looking season being derailed by him being sold too late to get a decent replacement in or said replacement coming in and being a complete flop.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This has surpassed last weekend's theorising about BBD leaving as the worst series of posts in some time.

Granted it got old pretty quickly but no need to be Garrulous Regarding Utilising Major Public Yelling.

It is the weekend after all...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

At the moment, only Carter isn't and that leaves the real possibility of being forced to chuck a 17 year old into an important league game.

Give me the 17 year old every day of the week....no contest.  One is a Rolls Royce the other is a Nissan Primera.

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

can the anti carter brigade give it a rest,there is no basis for the continual criticism of him

Always the same ... nowt to say gang up and bitch about a player.
It’s tiresome and No im Not policing, just stating my opinion

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

can the anti carter brigade give it a rest,there is no basis for the continual criticism of him

Agreed, he hasn't had much chance to show what he can do here but hasn't done a lot wrong when called upon so far for me.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Love to see more of Adam Wharton.

Remember Scott saying that he himself isn't the most talented footballer in the family.

Scott for me out best CB too.

Scott Wharton is very under-rated imo, so calm and steady he makes it easy for the people playing alongside him.

Maybe Lenihan is realising that at the moment 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This has surpassed last weekend's theorising about BBD leaving as the worst series of posts in some time.

For avoidance of doubt         Initialisms are when you abbreviate a word to its initials. Then, you say those initials as individual letters, like how “National Security Administration” becomes N-S-A. The United States becomes U-S.

Acronyms are abbreviations that also use initials, but those initials are pronounced as a word rather than saying the individual initials. For example, “National Aeronautical and Space Administration” becomes NASA and is pronounced “nah-sah.”

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Scott Wharton is very under-rated imo, so calm and steady he makes it easy for the people playing alongside him.

Maybe Lenihan is realising that at the moment 

with all these good young players at the club,buckley had better be on his mettle,his is the position they all want,good position to be in as a club,i certainly have never seen so many promising players come from our youth system,the last good bunch were duff,dunn and broomes(whatever happened to him,he was supposed to be a star in waiting!!!)

8 minutes ago, JohnD said:

For avoidance of doubt         Initialisms are when you abbreviate a word to its initials. Then, you say those initials as individual letters, like how “National Security Administration” becomes N-S-A. The United States becomes U-S.

Acronyms are abbreviations that also use initials, but those initials are pronounced as a word rather than saying the individual initials. For example, “National Aeronautical and Space Administration” becomes NASA and is pronounced “nah-sah.”

The Oxford English Dictionary offers two definitions of “acronym”:

1. A group of initial letters used as an abbreviation for a name or expression, each letter or part being pronounced separately (such as ATM, TLS). 

2. A word formed from the initial letters of other words or (occasionally) from the initial parts of syllables taken from other words, the whole being pronounced as a single word (such as NATO, RADA).

That's the OED, an acronym

For the avoidance of doubt

Edited by jim mk2

7 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Tell Jim, he's the one who doesn't know his arse from his acronyms. 

12 minutes ago, JohnD said:

🙄