BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

40 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

archer was at preston last season🤣he`s not exactly haaland

coventry are skint,though i admit he could be out of our reach

hardie is a proper target man,good finisher and good header of the ball as well

Hardie has really similar stats too Hirst. 
Hardie Goal per minute 184 mins. 
Hirst goal per minute 188 mins. 

Hardie scored 16 and Hirst 13. 

he has started the season with Leicester U21s well

Hayden Carter will know him from playing with him at Pompey as well. 

4CF1D451-C4CB-4F98-AA98-1F464B345CC1.jpeg

Edited by alexanders

A bit confused with the rumours today, seems like a case (both from the clubs and journalists) of throwing enough shit at the wall and hoping some sticks.

In defence, hopefully we can Hyam unveiled ASAP because we need him for Wednesday night, and that Nixon's comments about it being reliant on a Brereton sale first are of his usual inaccuracy.

Making a big play for another loanee of the Van Hecke/Van Den Berg calibre (assuming Hyam signs) would seem illogical considering how weak we are elsewhere and that we have limited resources and these loanees will expect game time, especially as both are proven to be good players at this level. If it is Hyam and one of those 2 then Van Den Berg would make more sense as he is able to also play at right back, and Carter would presumably go out on loan.

With Brereton, he will be such a big loss as he is our only prolific goalscorer AND also our only competent player from the left side so that would need 2 replacements. Very disappointing to read that it will likely be a loanee, and if that means Brereton out and a loanee in, off the back of the lack of Armstrong reinvestment, it would be piss poor.

If Hirst is that man, very underwhelming. If it was a permanent signing, maybe slightly more enticing.

Also, with all of these potential loans, so 2 of our 3 last additions added to Morton, it doesn't fit with the constant "journey" narrative whereby people seem almost willing to write off a whole season...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, starscascade said:

I never feel excited about all the bargain basement sub championship players we get linked with. We should be aiming higher end of the champ 

We quite simply don't have the budget to do that these days. We need to do what we did in the Hughes days and find hidden gems. That's where we're at, like it or not.

Just now, alexanders said:

Please take into consideration that it’s a lot more difficult finding these “gems” when you have the work-permit issues 

I do. But that doesn't mean we have the budget to shop higher end of the Championship. And more difficult doesn't mean impossible. The right deals are always out there, you just have to know what you're doing. That could be the problem, since we employed a DoF who hasn't been a DoF.

Just now, rovers11 said:

One positive with Hirst is that he looks big, strong and mobile. We're severely lacking that so I can see the thinking despite his goal record. Still underwhelming though. 

You could probably put a video of Gally’s highlights that make him look a world beater. Having said that I think this lad is worth giving a go to if there isn’t anyone better out there.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many players do Forest want ? Also how are they going to keep all of them happy ?

I doubt Rovers would pay £4m for him anyway.

I'd prefer to see a decent left winger to replace Brereton tbh.

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Looks like a big No9. Maybe JDT wants a focal point to the attack after all. 

Looks more clinical in the box than gallagher, not by much though and it's pretty irrelevant if clear chances aren't being created regularly enough! 

Maybe gallagher is after a move🤷‍♂️ boro where linked to him earlier in the window

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many players do Forest want ? Also how are they going to keep all of them happy ?

all of them and no,bowler would be ill advised to go imo,he`ll never play

can you imagine the carnage if forest don`t survive this season and end up going down😂,now that would be funny,be like a horse auction,all of the players being walked round a parade ring with no reserve