BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

I can SVB coming rather than JPH purely on the basis it gives us cover for rb as well.

Would love Styles through the door but can’t see it happening, JDT Is happy with Pickering and Edun when needed. 

Cameron Archer anyone 😉

Named him As a potential Diaz replacement: had a good pre-season with Villa

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

the work permit issues would make it not workable unless we signed him and loan him to club in Belgium where he could get the game time and points required.  

unless it a permanent deal I wouldn't want him back. Another loan is no good for us. 

Not sure he what we need. Sharpe mentions in his SVDB article that we are looking for a striker on loan with a view to permanent deal. 

I don't know much about George Hirst so can't comment but I wouldn't mind us looking at championship striker or a striker from Belgium or Germany. Someone who can play that Pressing number 9 role with goals is Hirst that player

We need a physical, pacy, goal scoring number 9.  Not remotely arsed whether he can press or not. We've got enough players to do that. 

• Like 8

If we bring in Hyam and another centre back, particularly one of Van Hecke’s quality, then surely we will have to play with a back 5? I’d be fairly happy with that as I don’t think we have fullbacks who are defensively minded enough to suit a back 4.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Jesus is George Hirst the new one ? And this is coming from the same person who said Farke was a shoe in for next manager and styles was coming 🙄🤣

Some people are better than the Beano

Deals can fall its part & parcel of the scenes in the background… Everybody likes to hear who we are after not all get done … I personally love Glens input ….. but hope we can do better then young Hirst … 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Deals can fall its part & parcel of the scenes in the background… Everybody likes to hear who we are after not all get done … I personally love Glens input ….. but hope we can do better then young Hirst … 

Is Hyam contingent on Diaz going what you’ve heard? That quote from Nixon makes no sense.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Gav said:

I wonder if Nixons has found that £50m war chest Venkys promised......

I see above he's still an arrogant ***** 

Imagine being someone that pays for his Patreon 💀.

Surprised they’ve a server big enough for his ego. Guy is an absolute crank.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Centrebacks are like busses at Rovers😂

Except that none have actually arrived yet, just the arrivals board predicts a cluster soon.

Edited by JeffRover
  • Like 2

I don't want to loan van hecke, after chasing him for so long on a permanent deal.

Plus if we bought hyam I would rather we loaned in van den berg because he is a very solid CB at this level and can also cover RB

Then if Phillips goes out on loan then caulker on a cheap free for a year or two makes sense, especially if we go 3 at the back 

29 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

bowler was light years ahead of everyone on the pitch yesterday,ffs get a bid in

No chance I’m afraid. Can’t get anywhere near what forest are offering

• Backroom
2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Another name I heard yesterday as one who we've looked at is George Hirst

I heard that name from a Leicester fan at work when JDT was first appointed. The first player Broughton made enquiries about apparently, but then Vale started showing glimpses in pre-season so pushed a loan for Hirst down the priority list.

Perhaps being back 'on' is a judgement on Vale that he needs time on loan himself.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Imagine being someone that pays for his Patreon 💀.

Surprised they’ve a server big enough for his ego. Guy is an absolute crank.

His ego is loaded onto the part of the server where the footballing insight should be. 

• Backroom

On the JPVH loan, I think it would be instead of SVDB, and Caulker and Hyam would be our permanent signings. I actually prefer SVDB on loan in this case for a few reasons:

1. Money saver that could help with another purchase, say Styles.

2. Get SVDB for the season, who can cover CB and rb/rwb as opposed to JPVH.

3. Get some experience from Caulker in to back Ayala up. I'd view him as a 'Short/Zurab' type of signing as solid back up.

Having Ayala, Hyam, Caulker, Wharton, SVDB, Carter, Phillips as 7 CBS for 3 spots in a 5 is a great mix of experience and youth, with those first 5 names being reliable without putting pressure on Carter and Phillips (allowing for loans if necessary).

Hopefully that could line up for Styles to come in as first choice LWB, with Pickering as back up, and pushing Edun into midfield to back up Travis as a tackler.

Edited by Mike E
Forgot Hyam

45 minutes ago, CRA said:

Jesus is George Hirst the new one ? And this is coming from the same person who said Farke was a shoe in for next manager and styles was coming 🙄🤣

Some people are better than the Beano

Maybe you should take a look at the incompetent tossers at the club as to why Farke and Styles didn't happen, before trying to aim a cheap shot at Glen, who shared information he had in good faith.

They had Farke and Carvalhal infront of them but bottled it because they would actually have to show some ambition and spend some money by appointing one of them. Much easier and cheaper to sell a youth project to somebody else.

They then appoint a nobody as DoF, who has no experience in that role. He opts for Morton on loan as he doesn't want to block pathways for the youth, yet you wonder why Styles or no other experienced CM is coming in?

Forget all that though, Glen is to blame and he doesn't know what he's on about. Yeah.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

On the JPVH loan, I think it would be instead of SVDB, and Caulker would be our permanent signing. I actually prefer that to 'JPVH perm and SVDB loan' for a few reasons:

1. Money saver that could help with another purchase, say Styles.

2. Still get JPVH for the season.

3. Get some experience from Caulker in to back Ayala up. I'd view him as a 'Short/Zurab' type of signing as solid back up.

Having Ayala, Caulker, Wharton, JPVH, Carter, Phillips as 6 CBS for 3 spots in a 5 is a great mix of experience and youth, with those first 4 names being reliable with neither putting undue pressure, nor blocking the paths of, Carter and Phillips.

Hopefully that would line up for Styles to come in as first choice LWB, with Pickering as back up, and pushing Edun into midfield to back up Travis as a tackler.

You are forgetting Hyam which is practically a done deal.

So must be him and one other.

Id choose Van Den Berg due to him having experience playing rb. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You are forgetting Hyam which is practically a done deal.

So must be him and one other.

Id choose Van Den Berg due to him having experience playing rb. 

Now you've said it, I need to edit.

I'm a poet.