BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

I agree with everyone saying the deal is a good one for a club like us. Try before you buy. I just don't think that given his previous exploits £5m is fair. Especially if theres a sell on fee too. He may well be worth way more than that in a few years. Its criminal the way top clubs hoard players. Once over a certain age there should be a limited amount you can have contracted to the club. 

If the player is over that age and not included in the squad then they should be free to move through a tribunal. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The same way we afforded Sam Gallagher, Brererton and to a lesser extent Armstrong. 

Hirst fits the model of those 3...young striker with potential.

We can't afford/want to gamble this season on Leicester's asking price, the option will be in our favour or no point in doing it.So if at season end we feel he is worth the fee written in the option then we pay it and make the deal permanent 

Sounds like we are doing exactly what you say we aren't doing - gambling this season on a player we aren't sure about and seeing how it goes.

So if he's a dud we've jeopardised our season, we aren't sure about him but if he comes in and does well we might then decide to offer paying a fee for. Then if we do get to that point he will have to fit into our wage structure and transfer budget (unlikely even as a Leicester reserve).

I suppose I'm just disappointed, that after all the talk of projects, multi-year builds and the optimism I had when Broughton and JDT came in of doing things differently and actually building something transfers like this are exactly like we have done previously under Bowyer and Mowbray - filling the squad out with temporary hopeful solutions and then go again next summer. It isn't building anything because even if he's a worldbeater we get to next summer with no Brereton and this loan ending and need at least 2 additions up top on top of everything else still with limited resources.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Gav said:

A new poster threw that hook in yesterday, claiming insider knowledge and got a number of bites.

Gullible is the word......

Was actually me, was seeing how many people would bullsh*t that they've seen him near the STC or that they have several connections etc.. worked a treat and everyone got themselves in a worry we had set our sights on a 'marquee' signing... 

5 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Was actually me, was seeing how many people would bullsh*t that they've seen him near the STC or that they have several connections etc.. worked a treat and everyone got themselves in a worry we had set our sights on a 'marquee' signing... 

So you lied?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Sounds like we are doing exactly what you say we aren't doing - gambling this season on a player we aren't sure about and seeing how it goes.

So if he's a dud we've jeopardised our season, we aren't sure about him but if he comes in and does well we might then decide to offer paying a fee for. Then if we do get to that point he will have to fit into our wage structure and transfer budget (unlikely even as a Leicester reserve).

I suppose I'm just disappointed, that after all the talk of projects, multi-year builds and the optimism I had when Broughton and JDT came in of doing things differently and actually building something transfers like this are exactly like we have done previously under Bowyer and Mowbray - filling the squad out with temporary hopeful solutions and then go again next summer. It isn't building anything because even if he's a worldbeater we get to next summer with no Brereton and this loan ending and need at least 2 additions up top on top of everything else still with limited resources.

We have signed 2 defenders this summer in Brittain and Hyam and spent cash on them something you said wouldn't be happening.

If it's true we have the option then come summer if he is deserving of the figures suggested then we can choose to make the deal permanent nothing any other club can do about it.

Maybe the reported £5 million Leicester are wanting is beyond us this summer with other positions in the squad needing filling.

Any transfer you do is a gamble.If we were to sign a striker permanently rather than Hirst no guarantee that deal works out and no guarantee we wouldn't have to look for another striker next summer 

This deal is much better than a straight up loan 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

So you lied?

Mate surely you didn't think we'd be blowing minimum £3.5M a year on Barkley... And the. People even quoted it saying they had sources at the club saying he was there... Think they're much worse than me.  

Surely can have a bit of fun whilst we are linked with frankly bleak rumours. 

Or we can keep it serious? 

4 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Mate surely you didn't think we'd be blowing minimum £3.5M a year on Barkley... And the. People even quoted it saying they had sources at the club saying he was there... Think they're much worse than me.  

Having fun? It’s called trolling.

• Like 8

I’m obviously pleased we have spent some money so far. While it’s early to be passing judgement, 2 of the 3 we’ve paid a fee for seem astute business initially.

Unfortunately the 4-6 million we’ve spent on fees so far has been on direct replacements for the three first teamers we lost for nothing. That’s the long term project here, to get the supposed model actually workable.

Another cash signing would show there is some intent to progress, but of course the Brereton saga is the big one at the minute and nobody has a clue yet how that will play out.

Every single window under Venky’s falls somewhere in the category of “Better than I feared but worse than I hoped”. Big 36 hours or so to see which end of the scale we are nearest to.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Some people on here seem to be failing to understand the loan to buy deal for Hirst.

Leicester wanted around £5m to let him go this summer, with just 12 months left on his deal. (Fee quoted to Pompey in June) 

Option 1: Rovers pay £5m for him now (of course paid over a few years) and sign the player who’s unknown at Championship level) 

If he stays at Leicester and doesn’t sign, they lose him for free next summer.

Option 2: Player signs a new deal at Leicester, Blackburn sign player on loan with the option to buy him at £5m. If player is a success, Rovers trigger the deal and sign the player, taking over his existing contract at Leicester (between 15-20k p/w)

If the player isn’t a success at this level, Rovers don’t pay, he goes back to Leicester and they still have an asset worth some value. 

Rovers have the option to buy with the ball in their court, agreement in place that the contract of the player transfers to our club. There’s no possible option that allows say a parachute payment club coming in and taking him for £8-10m if he has a great season. In that scenario, Rovers would activate the deal and then potentially sell the player for a profit or just keep him. 

It’s a win win for both Blackburn and Leicester. If he has a great season, we get a great player, if he doesn’t, he goes back to Leicester, who have an asset they can either loan again or sell rather than lose for free. 

Woah, woah, woah. Less of that rational explaining, people won't like it!

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'm with JH on the fee, we don't have £5m for 1 player, we need to buy an entire team with that, but this deal is perfect for a club like ours with no money, its a win win situation for us.

Don’t think anybody knows what the option fee is. Not sure where £5m came from

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

There are some weird blokes on this forum blimey 😂

Its a 701 page transfer thread with only 4 transfers to discuss. It was always going to get strange at some point.

Personally I've enjoyed the journey so far, especially when we were discussing crisps and biscuits. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

At the moment his wage is ZERO, NADA, NIX 

3 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Its a 701 page transfer thread with only 4 transfers to discuss. It was always going to get strange at some point.

Personally I've enjoyed the journey so far, especially when we were discussing crisps and biscuits. 

The journey? Are you Mowbray in disguise?