BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Don't know much about this lad. Sounds like he did OK in L1 last year so hopefully he'll prove useful. Can't be much less of a goal threat than the current forwards bar BBD. 

He's young so hopefully we'll see a good improvement like we did with BBD and Armstrong 

• Like 1

Just now, Galz said:

Hirst saying he spoke to JDT a month ago about coming. Things are being kept quiet

Also goes to show how long a transfer can take to get completed, I imagine there will be others which drag out that don't come to fruition. Maybe those involved need to be cut some slack. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

All these players we went for weeks ago, things need to fall in place.

Such as for a certain Styles perhaps?

On the other side of the coin, clubs will be waiting to see if we lower our value of BBD. But the Raos seem very stubborn in this regard. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Will be interesting to see if a more concrete number leaks out on the option to buy, or if it just stays at a vague £5ish million

I think Sharpe found about the Zeefuik fee (£4.3m I think) but I think he's already said that the club doesn't leak info as much as it did under Mowbray. 

image.png.25558f92c3c0d5d43f3ecf349e54977d.png

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

Such as for a certain Styles perhaps?

On the other side of the coin, clubs will be waiting to see if we lower our value of BBD. But the Raos seem very stubborn in this regard. 

I know i didn't get duff info on Styles, I had it comfirmed at both ends, with CEO of blackburn a decent enough source i think?  and the players agent the other.

I have heard zero to say that deal does not happen, although when you read things you get some doubts.

I had similar doubts when i said Rothwell was not going January, when most including the papers said it was done, i stuck to what i believed though and it proved to be right.

Things change all the time in football, and some of the delay has 100% been the possibility of a BBD sale meaning we had more to spend and other targets suddenly become attainable.

That sale is a far away now than it was when the summer started.

Ultimately, things can break down at any time, and no-one including the clubs or players can say something will 100% happen until its done. Thats football.

• Like 4

I’d like to see an LB (direct competition) and an RB (cover) in, but if it’s just LB, I won’t be disappointed with the business this window at all. If we get either/both done cheaply and have something to spend in the event of emergency/opportunity in January, it’ll be astute and in line with the gradual build (which you can moan about all you want, but it’s what’s been outlined and what appears to be happening).

9 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

Apparently multiple clubs have bid for Callum Styles. Hopefully one is us. Would be a great coup and cover multiple positions. 

A greater coup would have been getting it sorted weeks ago before other clubs got involved and pushed the price and wages up.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I know i didn't get duff info on Styles, I had it comfirmed at both ends, with CEO of blackburn a decent enough source i think?  and the players agent the other.

I have heard zero to say that deal does not happen, although when you read things you get some doubts.

I had similar doubts when i said Rothwell was not going January, when most including the papers said it was done, i stuck to what i believed though and it proved to be right.

Things change all the time in football, and some of the delay has 100% been the possibility of a BBD sale meaning we had more to spend and other targets suddenly become attainable.

That sale is a far away now than it was when the summer started.

Ultimately, things can break down at any time, and no-one including the clubs or players can say something will 100% happen until its done. Thats football.

Absolutely. You only have to look at Mbappe - for all money was leaving, contract practically expired and then suddenly signs a mega deal in which he is apparently player/manager/director of football. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

“He has been our first choice recruitment target as a striker all summer and, considering Jon Dahl’s knowledge of the position, this shows just how highly we regard him"

Blackburn Rovers sign Leicester City striker George Hirst | Lancashire Telegraph

Wow that's a big statement. I guess on the back of that he's going to start at number 9 as a regular.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Wow that's a big statement. I guess on the back of that he's going to start at number 9 as a regular.

You'd hope he's the focal point, they obvs rate him. Sounds like he will be. 

GB: "Rovers fans should look forward to seeing a striker with a goal threat, good link-up play, the ability to press from the front and an ideal mentality for our environment.”

• Like 4