BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Are you talking about this window or all the time Sharpe has been a reporter at Rovers? If it's the latter you're wrong.

The whole time, using this window as a perfect example. 

Again, any examples will be welcome. Should be easy to find ey!

1 minute ago, alexanders said:

This is true. We are a bit lightweight in the CM area. On the flip side we don't want people in which dampens the development of Wharton and Buckley. 

Here's how the Rovers squad is shaping up so far...

GK: Thomas Kaminski, Aynsley Pears, Joe Hilton

RB: Callum Brittain, Joe Rankin-Costello

CB: Daniel Ayala, Scott Wharton, Dom Hyam, Hayden Carter, Ash Phillips, Sam Barnes*

LB: Harry Pickering, Tayo Edun

CM: Lewis Travis, John Buckley, Tyler Morton, Adam Wharton, Jake Garrett

Forwards: Ben Brereton, Sam Gallagher, Bradley Dack, Sam Szmodics, Ryan Hedges, Tyrhys Dolan, George Hirst, Jack Vale, Dilan Markanday

*expected to miss much of the season with an ACL injury

Looking at that, we absolutely need a hard Defensive midfielder.

Anyway we're soo close to a thousand pages. Come on everyone, we can do this!

Just now, Upside Down said:

Agreed, lets get the ball rolling.

Loan to buy's are a fantastic idea.

12 minutes ago, CoconutGrove said:

The absolute dream would be Diaz stays and signs a new deal (even with a reasonable release clause) but can’t see that happening. If I was in charge and he’s here tomorrow, offer him one of the contracts reserved for special types with a £20m/£25m release clause and see what happens. The fact that he’s got a young family on the way, playing footy with his best mate (Dack) and clearly enjoys playing for us - I’d hope that the club have/will do that.

That will be ideal but how much should we offer him for wages in order for him to sign this contract.

11 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Not current transfer news, so apologies, but Odemwingie came on a brief trial at Rovers and Souness opted out of signing him from Belgium. Maybe, 8 years ago or so.

There was a time when Rovers often had players come on trial, even relatively, established players from Europe, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Though, no doubt, youth players are regularly being considered at academy level and maybe U21s without it being reported. 

I suppose James Brown is a recent example of a trial of a relatively established player turning into a signing, more recently - but, perhaps, demand outstrips supply, at our level, anyway, so less common? Not to mention that we're not the club that we were in terms of pulling power.

Edit: Odemwingie is a 41 year old retired former Nigeria international, for those scanning the thread!

I think it was longer than 8 years ago. Souness resigned in 2004. But I'm just pulling your leg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoconutGrove said:

Wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we release Butterworth before the deadline so he can get a club after today.

Clearly not in the plans, can’t see any teams paying for him and it would be the best thing for all parties.

Whilst Bowler was marked out of the game yesterday, he would be a good addition to the side (not that I can see it happening). Blackpool don’t have the quality throughout the squad to take advantage of us doubling/tripling up on him whereas Dack and Diaz (if he stays) would be able to utilise that space.

Wharton’s (and Morton, who I also thought was brilliant) performance yesterday shows we probably don’t need another midfielder - I’d rather get a RB and keep Trav in midfield than.

I know before yesterday that we’d lost 3 on the spin but the side is looking a lot stronger than at the start of pre-season.

The absolute dream would be Diaz stays and signs a new deal (even with a reasonable release clause) but can’t see that happening. If I was in charge and he’s here tomorrow, offer him one of the contracts reserved for special types with a £20m/£25m release clause and see what happens. The fact that he’s got a young family on the way, playing footy with his best mate (Dack) and clearly enjoys playing for us - I’d hope that the club have/will do that.

We would have to pay Butterworth up to terminate his contract. The folly of activating the extra year on his deal could bite us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

That will be ideal but how much should we offer him for wages in order for him to sign this contract.

That, I do not know. But I’d be offering him 30k with a £20m release clause if we don’t go up(which most PL teams will pay if he has another good season).

Thats not to say he would sign but I’d like to think that’s what we would be thinking.

30k for a year is around £1.5m. Take away what he’s on now and it’s **only** £1m more - roughly the same as what Poveda cost us last year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We would have to pay Butterworth up to terminate his contract. The folly of activating the extra year on his deal could bite us.

I can see him agreeing to a half pay out if he knows he’s going to be frozen out for a year if he stays. 

He’s at the age now where he needs to be playing senior football and a year out would potentially set his whole career back.

7 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-bristol-city-targets-7418321

Maybe someone here.

The number one target should be Mathias Normann. Was almost 100% ready for Lecce in Serie A on loan from Rostov, but Lecce decided to cancel the deal. 

He is tough as nails, comes with PL experience and pop ups with the occasional goal. Would be a perfect signing on loan with option to buy. 

• Like 7