BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Next 7: What Mowbray needs to change, how many points will be needed?

On 20/03/2022 at 12:23, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Players come in two types - the ones that get you on top in a game, and the ones that do their stuff when the first group have got you into the game.

Rothwell belongs in the second group. What’s he done since Xmas ? How many goals ? How many assists. If he’s not doing those things what’s he in the team for ? Putting in a couple of runs that don’t lead to anything won’t do it for me.

Unfortunately we’re really short of players that belong in the first group. That’s why on current form we’re are more bottom six than top six material.

I'll be interested to see where he ends up. I was raving about him pre February. It's a good analysis you've given. I'd like to see him resign, though I don't think there is a cat in hells chance that he will. But given his second half of the season form, I think he'll be pretty lucky to see a Premier League team come in for him now. You never know he might go to a relegated Burnley 😂

20 hours ago, J*B said:

Going four at the back is the absolute last thing I’d do. Mowbray needs to get his best 11 fit and on the field as quick as possible:

Kaminski

Lenihan JVH Wharton

Nyambe Rothwell Travis Giles

Khadra Dack Brereton 

This and some bloody instructions to get Khadra and Brereton narrow as soon as we have the ball. 

One of the big things I've not understood with how our tactics have adapted over the season is how we've come to be playing with our wide strikers as wide as they have been. My interpretation of our formation when we were on our run was that Diaz and Khadra dropped wider and deeper when we were defending but when we had the ball, they came far narrower as we had the width from the wing backs. Half the time it now looks like we have 4 wingers when we have the ball and only Buckley scuffing chances in the middle.

• Like 4

What needs to change ?

Maybe tell the manager to stay at home until the end of May because his influence doesn't seem to make a jot of positive difference. In fact the one half of football he 'sat out' we scored 3 goals !

• Like 6

Sat out? Deary me. There have been more than enough performances/results in the last few months to justifiably criticise Mowbray, without this rubbish about him sitting out the half that he did get right. Same with the touchline behaviour analysis, the blame he gets regarding Brereton going to Chile, perspective has been totally lost.

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sat out? Deary me. There have been more than enough performances/results in the last few months to justifiably criticise Mowbray, without this rubbish about him sitting out the half that he did get right. Same with the touchline behaviour analysis, the blame he gets regarding Brereton going to Chile, perspective has been totally lost.

That's what he did though.

You can find justification to defend him from the onslaught that's fair enough but don't go into denial about thing that happen in front of thousands of pairs of eyes. Ok i don't pay money to watch the managers but it was one of the oddest things seen down there on the touchline in the last...... well ever probably.

I've seen things orchestrated, Kidd appearing mid game when he hadn't officially taken charge of the team being one. Various bust ups and even Stan Ternants tight black trackies and big white sneekers amusing the BBE no end.

Never ever seen a Rovers manager seemingly down tools then looked positively pissed off when his team was scoring and winning.

• Like 5

No, last season he just looked bored. 

He didn't have 11k home fans roaring (or telling him to sort it out) with his team fighting to stay in the top 6. If there is an example from memory where hes ever looked so dejected when his side is storming back to win i'd be interested to hear it.

Bored/dejected, what’s the difference? He literally spent months of last season looking just like that.

TM’s demeanour when things aren’t going his way always gives the impression of a miserable bugger sat in a bus shelter after missing the last one home.

He’s just an odd and petulant fecker whose ‘Jumpers for Goalposts’ mask slips very quickly when results go south, and I think a few of you are looking far too deeply into it…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Not really because like you say he is who he is but when somebody puts up photo evidence. Alongside the assumed demeanor viewed from a distance it paints a rather more startling picture.

Yes someone has delved deep there but its been done for a reason, presumably that being proof that bossing Blackburn Rovers is all about him.

To stand any kind of chance we need to win every one of our 7 games. At the moment we are more likely to lose all 7 without even scoring a goal. 

The teams below us have games in hand as well as the desire to achieve promotion. We lack both of those things. 

The people in power at the club have no desire for promotion at all and the players don't have enough games to turn it around. 

Venkys, Waggott and Mowbray et al have flushed our best chance of promotion in a decade down the shitter. Once again the supporters are left with the debris of their destructive actions.

5 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Lenihan likely out for the season with a torn groin.

Maybe the back 4 will be forced upon us after all.

Nyambe/Johnson CB incoming

I don’t think we have much choice but to go to a back 4 now.

Ayala hasn’t trained since the West Brom game, looks like he’s decided he’s not playing for us again this season. Nyambe is more than capable of playing right sided centre back but unfortunately we don’t have another competent right wing back.

Having said that I fully expect James Brown and JRC to both start against Coventry with Nyambe on the bench though. It would be typical of Mowbray.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 1

We didn't make the play off 2 years ago because Bradley Dack got injured madame.

We didn't manage it last year Mr D because Bradley did his knee again.

Sorry Barry we won't do it this time as Lenihen is injured but i'll guarantee a marginal gain on last year.

Next season we'll storm it, now about those 3 year contracts for me, Mark, Swag and the boys....where do we sign !

Yep. The play-offs were gone after the Bristol City fiasco. We might have made a late rush for it after the Derby turnaround if we had beat a woeful Reading but of course we blew that opporunity too.

The Lenihan injury will not derail our promotion push. That was already derailed after the January window and relegation form since then.

But as others have pointed out it is another excuse for the Mowbray collection and the 'unlucky' brigade who want to believe our collapse is down to misfortune rather than shite management from the top down.

• Like 7