BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Whilst I'm not overly excited at the prospect I actually think it would be a surprisingly solid appointment in all the circumstances.

My worry is, it's not done yet and I hope it doesn't turn into another Warnock moment.

(There you are, I was the first to say it)

King Rat to offer his services at half the price!

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Eustace isn't remotely in the same ballpark as Warnock.

Agreed, but I wouldn't be that surprised if we miraculously somehow just miss out on Eustace and end up with someone way worse.

I wasn't comparing the 2 directly.

Just now, phili said:

Will it be GB or Waggot introducing him in the media?

If GB is no where we can safely assume he has left.

Especially if Eustace is announced as the new "Manager".

If he's described as the new "Head Coach" I'll be panicking.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Who has said Tomasson wanted to leave in the summer?

All I have seen is Tomasson himself confirming that he offered the club the chance to get rid of him without him claiming compensation, an offer the club declined.

That isn't the same as him wanting to leave.

But I see the narrative is being gradually laid down, block by block. Within a few days it will be all about JDT not being committed to Rovers, wanting to be elsewhere, should never have started the season, and if he ends up in the Sweden job this will be evidence of his 'non commitment'.

End result of all this is, as ever, to shift the conversation away from the real cause of his departure.

I understand he also moved his wife and kids over to the UK which is hardly the conduct of a bloke who doesn't want to be here and who intends on leaving at any moment.

Didn't he say something like... I offered to go in the Summer when a hand grenade was thrown and the project changed to staying in this league and developing players. I'm more ambitious.

• Like 1