BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I haven't seen much in the way of something progressing so I can understand why a change was made. He has not shown progress to warrant extra time, 

Given everything gone on there in past 9 months I think they need stability everywhere now. I can understand getting rid of Potter based on results but I would like know why Bohely and co. Changed their stance on Potter from 6 weeks ago to Yesterday

I think the Aubameyang situation is pretty indicative. At Arsenal, Arteta totally jettisoned him from the squad with no exceptions, rightly or wrongly, it still showed a clear showing of leadership.

Arteta did cos of his attitude and behaviour. That was better at Barca

Potter removed Aubameyang from his Champions League squad yet had him on the bench more than once in the league afterwards. Mixed messages does not show that authority and in general I have wondered if he can and was commanding the respect of players with big egos.

Never understood why they signed him in first place. Past it in English football 

He seems to be just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks with regular changes and little consistency.

Given what players he had there he was trying to find a way of playing and keep players happy

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Given everything gone on there in past 9 months I think they need stability everywhere now. I can understand getting rid of Potter based on results but I would like know why Bohely and co. Changed their stance on Potter from 6 weeks ago to Yesterday

Arteta did cos of his attitude and behaviour. That was better at Barca

Never understood why they signed him in first place. Past it in English football 

Given what players he had there he was trying to find a way of playing and keep players happy

Even in that 6 weeks, nothing has improved.

Constantly changing your team to keep everyone happy seems very desperate and has not led to any consistency.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even in that 6 weeks, nothing has improved.

Constantly changing your team to keep everyone happy seems very desperate and has not led to any consistency.

Bohely comments to Talksport's Jim White 6 weeks were very supportive and backing Potter. I do wonder whats gone behind the scenes. I want to know what's changed in Bohely and co mindset. 

Potter was trying to find the formula sadly involved changing the team. It's was difficult situation and I'm not sure the next appointment will find it any easier whoever it is. The club need to stick a plan. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bohely comments to Talksport's Jim White 6 weeks were very supportive and backing Potter. I do wonder whats gone behind the scenes. I want to know what's changed in Bohely and co mindset. 

Potter was trying to find the formula sadly involved changing the team. It's was difficult situation and I'm not sure the next appointment will find it any easier whoever it is. The club need to stick a plan. 

Plans are all well and good but you should only stick to them if they show signs of progressing, and seemingly this one didn't, hence the change.

But with JDT, results have never dropped to a level whereby you question things to the point of changing him. Even in poor runs of form which of course happen to everyone, we always maintained a decent position in the table.

Chelsea have now dropped into the bottom half and it is difficult to really see what he is trying to do aside from constant changing the team in the hope that something works out.

To be fair Phil you hadn’t begun re-posting on here when his head was being called for after every defeat until Leicester…

(Disclaimer. Yes, it was a minority and no not replicated at Ewood, though he’s received more shit at the ground already than Teflon Tone ever got).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Looking forward to JDT being abused when we are in the Prem...

Talking of which only Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Brentford, Liverpool and West Ham have the same boss as they had this time last year in the Prem.

Add Fulham and Forest keeping their promotion winning bosses too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You sure? 

Based on my opinion, he didn't warrant questions about his future because even in the bad spells our league position was good. 

A minority thought otherwise as you said though, but I was talking specifically to what I thought, even though I admittedly did have niggling doubts at times.

• Moderation Lead
20 minutes ago, philipl said:

Talking of which only Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Brentford, Liverpool and West Ham have the same boss as they had this time last year in the Prem.

Who’s abusing him? Or is this criticism being rebranded as abuse?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, philipl said:

Abused 😂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Plans are all well and good but you should only stick to them if they show signs of progressing, and seemingly this one didn't, hence the change.

I was talking post Potter now. They need to find the right coach for them. I think Pochettino would be right appointment for them. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Based on my opinion, he didn't warrant questions about his future because even in the bad spells our league position was good. 

A minority thought otherwise as you said though, but I was talking specifically to what I thought, even though I admittedly did have niggling doubts at times.

And they were a few people on here who wanted his out earlier in the season and doubt his ability 

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Probably that the crap results continued. 6 weeks ago Bohely was giving him time. The time ran out.

• Like 2

The 9 club relegation dog fight is lifting the survival points required total every game.

Four tied on 27 points this morning. 

Spurs look deservedly like they will miss out on CL.

One of Liverpool and Chelsea won't even make the Conference. 

Potter pay off is £13m. As that is severance, it is tax free.

Edited by philipl

Spurs were embarrassing last night and showed what an entitled bunch they are. Don Goodman, a commentator I really admire was pretty scathing of them and I agreed with his condemnation. They have huge problems there and it's not just with the ownership.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, philipl said:

The 9 club relegation dog fight is lifting the survival points required total every game.

very exciting and interesting games to go now

Spurs were poor last night and got what they deserved. Players seem off their game. Certain players in that squad need going now. 

Potter should have been near 50 million pounds I read on Sunday 

Isn't it just the first £30k that is tax free ?

• Like 1