BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

• Backroom

Redknapp last managed six years ago, leaving Birmingham second bottom of the Championship, being sacked after five defeats on the spin. Not comparable to Roy in the slightest.

Would love them to appoint him though, just for the laughs. 

• Like 5

Some excellent analysis into time wasting in the Premier League. I'm pretty sure if similar analysis was done in the EFL there would be similar results. In short we are being ripped off and clubs are allowed to get away with it. It really is time the PGMOL did something about it.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/04/guide-to-premier-league-time-wasting/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Booking keepers for timewasting is pointless too. Has any keeper ever been sent off for two bookings for time wasting.

Independent time keeper for stoppages, add them on at the end. Like in the World Cup, obviously will lead to big numbers at least to begin with but so be it.

I can’t recall who on here said it, but someone suggested that time wasting should be a free kick to the opposition.

I thought that was a very sensible suggestion - which probably means the authorities have never even considered it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I very rarely watch PL matches, but for a change of scenery I decided to switch on the City/Arsenal game.

Embarassing half and half scarves everywhere. 

What has become of the City fan base? 

club targetted at a different market,who will  spend more and will happily keep paying increasing  prices,bloody premier league is a middle class activity these days

• Like 1

• Backroom

Lampard probably saw taking the Chelsea job as a no-lose situation. Figured at worst he'd do an average job, but could blame it on what went on before him, and his name is back in the shop window.

As it stands he's utterly tanked Chelsea, and it's going to end up as another black mark on his managerial CV. 

• Like 1

Is it no goals and no wins for Lampard now? I get 2 games were against Real but even so it's pretty poor going. He's making Potter look good there and not even a modicum of new manager bounce. 

Refs still want Liverpool to get into Europe. 

City are strolling to the title. 

Good win for Forest as it's really hotting up in the relegation battle. A much needed win. 

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Very true! Surely not that out of touch though.

just look at lack of planning from owners when replacing sacked managers over the last 12 months like Leeds, Southampton, Leicester, Everton, Chelsea. 

Wolves and Villa went and get their first choices and put in the ground work first to achieve who they wanted 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Is it no goals and no wins for Lampard now? I get 2 games were against Real but even so it's pretty poor going. He's making Potter look good there and not even a modicum of new manager bounce. 

Refs still want Liverpool to get into Europe. 

City are strolling to the title. 

Good win for Forest as it's really hotting up in the relegation battle. A much needed win. 

Chelsea's win against Leicester 2 months ago now looks like it was a 6 pointer. They have just enough points to be above the fray. 

Liverpool were on the right end of 2 VAR decisions. Bowen was offside. As to the handball, it hit Thiago's arm twice, but it fell into the VAR clear and obvious error grey area. If it had been given it wouldn't have been overturned either. 

Forest had a very good win. They missed a pen and went 1-0 down too. 

City-Arsenal is men v. boys. Arsenal have been outclassed. 

8 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Chelsea's win against Leicester 2 months ago now looks like it was a 6 pointer. They have just enough points to be above the fray. 

Liverpool were on the right end of 2 VAR decisions. Bowen was offside. As to the handball, it hit Thiago's arm twice, but it fell into the VAR clear and obvious error grey area. If it had been given it wouldn't have been overturned either. 

Forest had a very good win. They missed a pen and went 1-0 down too. 

City-Arsenal is men v. boys. Arsenal have been outclassed. 

It's a shame there's so few games left or Lampard didn't come in a few games earlier because on current form they would get dragged into it. As it is there's too many points gap and too few games for it to go from funny to hilarious as they get embroiled in a relegation battle. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

It's a shame there's so few games left or Lampard didn't come in a few games earlier because on current form they would get dragged into it. As it is there's too many points gap and too few games for it to go from funny to hilarious as they get embroiled in a relegation battle. 

He has 15 points from 23 games this season (Everton and Chelsea combined) 

Over 38 games that would be (just under) 25 points.

I cant imagine Nagelsmann to going for the Spuds job, but if he did, he won’t last two minutes working for Levy. He’s far too forthright in his views, so like Mourino and Conte who both told it how it is at Spurs, Nagelsmann would be the next top manager to be fired off. What a car crash they are. 

I cant imagine Nagelsmann to going for the Spuds job, but if he did, he won’t last two minutes working for Levy. He’s far too forthright in his views, so like Mourino and Conte who both told it how it is at Spurs, Nagelsmann would be the next top manager to be fired off. What a car crash they are. 

• Like 1