BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's was tongue in cheek comment cos it's a mess there. If Pochettino gets the job then I can see improving on this season massively 

Tuchel's relationship with the new Chelsea owners had hit rock bottom so after that only 1 winner there and its not Tuchel. 

I don't think Lampard failed in his spells at Derby or Chelsea 1st spell. Think his 1st season at Chelsea was good given the club was in transfer embargo 

do you realy think that? how much have chelsea spent on Managers and players lost money not being in Europe? Tuchel walks with a big pay off I know who's shoes i would rather be in

• Like 3

• Backroom

It's an interesting question to ponder - is Big Sam's ability to get average to below-average players to overachieve and avoid relegation less laudable than Pep and Klopp's ability to lead elite players to winning trophies? We'll never know how Allardyce would have fared at a bigger club, and we'll never know how Pep or Klopp would fare trying to get a Leeds or a Sunderland out of danger.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, jodrell said:

do you realy think that? how much have chelsea spent on Managers and players lost money not being in Europe? Tuchel walks with a big pay off I know who's shoes i would rather be in

Chelsea were sixth when they sacked Tuchel

They were eleventh (with a 8 point cushion to twelve) when they sacked Potter

They are now in twelve.

If that’s a victory for their owner then it’s a Pyrric victory.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Brighton do play some really good football when they are going forward. 

They deserved that win, bit of a shame it had to come from a penalty but still deserved.

Definite penalty, missed in play, picked up by VAR

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Definite penalty, missed in play, picked up by VAR

Oh yeah, it was definitely a penalty.

I just meant it was a bit of a shame that it was a penalty that won it for them, instead of them scoring through their great attacking play.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Oh yeah, it was definitely a penalty.

I just meant it was a bit of a shame that it was a penalty that won it for them, instead of them scoring through their great attacking play.

The latest goal ever scored against MU, just makes it even more enjoyable

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Blue blood said:

The reason the relationship hit rock bottom was Tuchel wouldn't let the owner and a bunch of friends into the dressing room at half time! That's just sheer lunacy on the part of the owner driving out a very good manager for the sake of his ego. That's a massive criticism and idiocy by the owner who deserves everything he's getting for such incompetence. That can't be held against Tuchel at all. 

I read a very different article to that outline that their as owner/head coach relationship broke down. https://theathletic.com/3576054/2022/09/08/tuchel-sacking-chelsea-potter?source=user-shared-article

16 hours ago, RoverDom said:

I agree with you here. At Derby he did no better and no worse than the previous season so I wouldn't class that as a failure. His first season at Chelsea was widely regarded as good by most given the circumstances he was in. The start of the second season wasn't great but a fair few thought he was hard done by being canned so soon. 

Everton and his second spell at Chelsea have absolutely destroyed is reputation. If he has any further aspirations to manage he should get his head down and work as a coach under experienced managers for a few years rather than take the short cuts he has so far. 

Maybe that route or job in overseas 

2 hours ago, pick32 said:

How is Jason Steele playing in the premier league 

He's been good for Brighton this season. Maybe someone who develop and learnt his game better as he got older

The mention of Fergie reminded me of a song I heard some young Rovers fans on the bus to Ewood against Burnley last Tuesday. It was to the tune of The Sway and I thought it was very good but unfortunately I haven't heard it sung in the ground.

The lyrics were:

We won the Premier League in '95,

On Merseyside,

And Fergie cried.

Then lots of la, la, la's.

Edited by arbitro
It auto spelt Sway as Swag. That just isn't right!

38 minutes ago, roverandout said:

30 million for Pedro. Insane. Imagine what Diaz would have been worth if we sorted his contract out properly.  Pedro has just 11 goals for Watford this season yet Diaz has 14

The website whoscored.com has Pedro as comfortably the best player this season in the Championship. Brighton are not noted for getting it wrong in the transfer market.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The website whoscored.com has Pedro as comfortably the best player this season in the Championship. Brighton are not noted for getting it wrong in the transfer market.

That doesn't mean he's a better player than Diaz. And Pedro certainly ain't worth 30 million.  He's got 3 goals in 30 odd epl games

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

That doesn't mean he's a better player than Diaz. And Pedro certainly ain't worth 30 million.  He's got 3 goals in 30 odd epl games

Brighton seem to think he is the better player , and their judgement on players over the last few years has been just about the best around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

n`diaye from sheff utd is comfortably the best player in the championship,how he`s not been snapped up by the big boys i do not know

• Like 2

Brighton have recruited brilliantly.  The club we should aspire to be. Same with Brentford Fulham etc. If we get back to the Premiership we could follow suit especially with the amount of quality coming through our academy