BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

• Backroom
Just now, K-Hod said:

As much as he’s absolutely not done the business- they have a really poor squad on the whole and they’ve learnt very little from absolutely ragging it on the last day of last season.

Indeed so, it wasn't the kind of squad Allardyce could do much with, in truth. He was obviously going to accept the payday - because what did he have to lose? - but his chances of getting that squad to instantly adapt to his methods were slim to say the least.

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

As much as he’s absolutely not done the business- they have a really poor squad on the whole and they’ve learnt very little from absolutely ragging it on the last day of last season.

Any time I watched them they have been dreadful, devoid of any ideas.

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Everton or Leeds? 😉

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Any time I watched them they have been dreadful, devoid of any ideas.

I agree, they’ve looked absolutely awful.

But like Leicester, Leeds made the change far too late for it to have any chance of being effective IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

I agree, they’ve looked absolutely awful.

But like Leicester, Leeds made the change far too late for it to have any chance of being effective IMO.

Everton cant score, Leicester can't defend, Leeds have looked like a team that don't understand how football works. Glad they are down, just sorry thesee scouse knackers are not joining them.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bournemouth have been desperately poor - how are this mob safe in the PL??!

Quite simply because all of the teams below them are even worse. There ain't much quality from 12th downwards, really. Wolves getting utterly murdered by Arsenal and they're 13th.

• Like 5

• Backroom

I said Everton couldn't have asked for a better final game, and so it proved, as Bournemouth barely put up a fight. Leicester similarly not hugely troubled by a rubbish West Ham team with one eye on their upcoming European final. With that said, two wins in their last sixteen is why Leicester are going down, not because Bournemouth were already on the beach today. 

In the end, Everton survived because they were decisive enough to remove their manager with a few months to go and appoint somebody who'd been there and done it before. Leicester waited until April before questionably appointing Dean Smith, whilst Leeds didn't appoint a worthwhile manager until the beginning of May. As much of a mess as Everton have been this season, and it's not like Dyche has pulled up any trees during his tenure thus far, Leicester and Leeds were even worse. 

Everton fortunate to stay up on that points tally, though, and it'll be interesting to see if Dyche can improve them next season, or if they'll be fighting it out at the wrong end of the table again. Dyche was an improvement on Lampard, but then I probably would have been as well. There wasn't enough of a boost from Dyche that I'd have much confidence going into next season as an Everton supporter, unless the squad has a major revamp. 

Meanwhile, Leicester, welcome to the very small club of relegated PL champions... nice to have some company.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

how f****g sad when you have a pitch invasion to celebrate finishing 4th bottom

Just relief, innit? Admittedly though, they should be doing better as a club.

I must admit though, I don’t get the dislike for Everton.

Decent club with a big fan base, they aren’t Liverpool, I might be biased as I’ve got Evertonians in the family, but I’d rather they stopped up than Leeds.

That lot can foxtrot Oscar.

• Like 4