BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dean Smith isnt a particularly good manager and wouldnt be a good appointment. They dont need stability on what has taken them down, they need a reboot.

I think Dean Smith would be good appointment for them actually. Knows what the squad need but Leicester need a plan and from their viewpoint they need quick decisions and hopefully they have an idea who they want. 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

martin will be a disaster at soton,players with bigger ego`s won`t take to his preaching,methods and arrogance,he`ll be gone by october

I feel that the squad will be overhaul to fit his style and will Jason Wilcox going in there as DoF they seem to have plan and how they want to play

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Everton would definitely be better off keeping Dyche, he is a good manager tarnished by unfair labels. He took them over in 19th and has such a imbalanced, injury squad on his hands. They might have a challenge on their hands again next season to avoid the drop assuming they again have no money. Maybe Pickford will be on the chopping block, will potentially generate an over inflated fee due to being England's number 1 but nothing special. Onana is their main asset and would leave a big hole and if they can get any fee for Calvert-Lewin then they may aswell take it as he is useless always injured.

On Everton, They need signings in the right area but they need to sell players. 

Not sure why you would sell Pickford and not sure why you think he is chopping block. Quality keeper. 

Calvert-Lewin's injuries are a massive problem for the club

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Unsure what to make of Leeds, again they need a new manager but I am not sure that they have that many assets that could be sold for good money.

Firstly they need to sort out the ownership situation to be honest

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Maybe it's just me, but I always get the impression that Everton have the angriest supporters in the country. Every time I watch them, their supporters go berserk at everything that goes against them or a player losing the ball. They seen to be on another scale compared to normal supporters.

It's the Scouse the whole worlds against us mentality that they have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I feel that the squad will be overhaul to fit his style and will Jason Wilcox going in there as DoF they seem to have plan and how they want to play

I'm going against most peoples view of him on here but think if they sign players that Martin wants so he can play the style he uses then i can see Southampton having a good season.

10 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I'm going against most peoples view of him on here but think if they sign players that Martin wants so he can play the style he uses then i can see Southampton having a good season.

They'll need a lot of money for that. Fortunately they will have shit loads.

Of the relegated teams I think Southampton are best set to bounce back. They employed a strategy of buying a lot of young players with scope to improve. As such many of them will be on wages which will be sustainable on parachute payments, though they'll still need to make a couple of signings.

Leeds seem in disarray with no tangible plan whilst Leicester will see half their squad leave on free transfers with a couple of big sales of players 'too good' for this division.  

Of course all three clubs will be well set if they make some shrewd transfers with the excess money available, and employ decent managers. Southampton will have the most settled squad, whom I think may benefit from a year in the championship. 

• Backroom

Brentford beating City today and finishing 9th is some achievement, as I believe they have the lowest wage bill in the division (around £10m less than Watford who are a division below them). 

Brighton also very low in that table, but finished 6th. Another incredible achievement. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, DE. said:

Brentford beating City today and finishing 9th is some achievement, as I believe they have the lowest wage bill in the division (around £10m less than Watford who are a division below them). 

Brighton also very low in that table, but finished 6th. Another incredible achievement. 

Remember when that was Rovers. It wasn't that long ago.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DE. said:

Brentford also did the double over City this season too, yet we have some on here who don't think they belong in the Premiership....

Just Jim, no?

He has this bizarre chip on his shoulder about ‘southern clubs’, when in fact seeing the likes of Brentford and Luton thrive should drive on all Championship club fans as it is shows it is very much possible for us all to reach the promised land.

• Like 7

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Just Jim, no?

He has this bizarre chip on his shoulder about ‘southern clubs’, when in fact seeing the likes of Brentford and Luton thrive should drive on all Championship club fans as it is shows it is very much possible for us all to reach the promised land.

Not only that, but the likes of Brentford and Brighton are showing that  with a shrewd setup and intelligent people at the highest levels of the club having less resources doesn't mean you're destined to be in a relegation scrap every season if you do get promoted. Hell, we were proving that many years ago, before Venky's came in and wrecked everything. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Its all down to their recruitment and what they do in the summer transfer market as it is with most teams in the league. 

1 Manchester City £170m
2 Arsenal £167.8m
3 Manchester United £165.5m
4 Newcastle United £163.4m
5 Liverpool £161.2m
6 Brighton £159m
7 Aston Villa £156.8m
8 Tottenham Hotspur £154.6m
9 Brentford £152.4m
10 Fulham £150.2m
11 Crystal Palace £148m
12 Chelsea £145.8m
13 Wolves £143.6m
14 West Ham £141.4m
15 Bournemouth £139.2m
16 Nottingham Forest £137m
17 Everton £134.8m
18 Leicester £132.6m
19 Leeds £130.4m
20 Southampton £128.2m

Premier League winnings by club.

32 minutes ago, philipl said:

1 Manchester City £170m
2 Arsenal £167.8m
3 Manchester United £165.5m
4 Newcastle United £163.4m
5 Liverpool £161.2m
6 Brighton £159m
7 Aston Villa £156.8m
8 Tottenham Hotspur £154.6m
9 Brentford £152.4m
10 Fulham £150.2m
11 Crystal Palace £148m
12 Chelsea £145.8m
13 Wolves £143.6m
14 West Ham £141.4m
15 Bournemouth £139.2m
16 Nottingham Forest £137m
17 Everton £134.8m
18 Leicester £132.6m
19 Leeds £130.4m
20 Southampton £128.2m

Premier League winnings by club.

Someone, please explain why our owners don't appear at all interested in having a piece of that action and seem much more comfortable 'losing' money in the Championship and at the same time have a CEO installed whose sole mission seems cost reductions whilst stiffing a diminishing fan base.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Not if they want to get back to the success they have under Abramovich's ownership.

He is the right manager at this time for this squad and the owners. 

if you disagree but it would be interesting to see who you would appoint instead