BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

I'm Scottish, I like the other side in the city so I meant ante pottygol. Big leap to spuds, no 2 horse race here so I am happy to see him join them.  Mid table beckons, Kane will leave and it's a big rebuild against stronger teams and managers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

I'm Scottish, I like the other side in the city so I meant ante pottygol. Big leap to spuds, no 2 horse race here so I am happy to see him join them.  Mid table beckons, Kane will leave and it's a big rebuild against stronger teams and managers.

Here's hoping. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ulrich said:

It may have been better to call him Ante Pottyloo. The letter g in Turkish is silent. So Tugay's surname would be pronounced Ker  im  oloo, with the emphasis on "im".

I was educated on this by Kevin Livesey, a tennis coach in Malaysia, who claims to have played for Rovers reserves in the early 1950s. He never got a first team chance so cannot be found in the history books.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s a good manager but wether he can sort Spurs out is another story entirely.

I'll go with no.  

His first order of business, along with Levy, is to sort Kane out. He has 1 year left on his contract. They could get a fee for him now or he could go for nothing in 12 months. I have no idea if he wants to leave or not. Common wisdom says that players want to win trophies ergo Kane needs to leave. He might not care. He earns enough, scores plenty, and has a young family. 

In light of previous discussions regarding the Brendan Rodgers speculation. Spurs ended up a man who has had the same success in Scotland as him but without any of his Premier League experience. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Given Celtic's dominance in the last decade or so can you even call it a 2 horse race? I had to laugh at a stat I saw the other day that the Canadian right back Johnston that Celtic signed in January has won more trophies in Scotland in just over 5 months than Rangers' right back Tavernier has won in 8 seasons.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I'll go with no.  

His first order of business, along with Levy, is to sort Kane out. He has 1 year left on his contract. They could get a fee for him now or he could go for nothing in 12 months. I have no idea if he wants to leave or not. Common wisdom says that players want to win trophies ergo Kane needs to leave. He might not care. He earns enough, scores plenty, and has a young family. 

In light of previous discussions regarding the Brendan Rodgers speculation. Spurs ended up a man who has had the same success in Scotland as him but without any of his Premier League experience. 

It will interesting to see what happens with Kane. 

Ange Postecoglou needs a new keeper, new centre back, new left back, a number 10 plus a striker to be Kane back up . Play Bissouma as defensive midfielder. If I was Levy and Postecoglou my first signing would be James Maddison. They need a quality attacking midfielder. They have been linked with Raya and Maguire today. Plus they have been rumours that Spurs are looking to move on Dier, Davies and Sanchez 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It will interesting to see what happens with Kane. 

Ange Postecoglou needs a new keeper, new centre back, new left back, a number 10 plus a striker to be Kane back up . Play Bissouma as defensive midfielder. If I was Levy and Postecoglou my first signing would be James Maddison. They need a quality attacking midfielder. They have been linked with Raya and Maguire today. Plus they have been rumours that Spurs are looking to move on Dier, Davies and Sanchez 

Spurs are a fading power upwardly mobile progressive looking clubs like Newcastle, Villa & Brighton have all overtaken them. The days of Spurs playing in the Champions League are gone Levy failed to make hay while the sun was shinning. A few years back they had a world class players all over the pitch now the only one they have is Kane. The first thing that Spurs need to invest heavily in is their defence that the likes of Dier & Davies start most weeks and that Sanchez is still apart of their squad encapsulates why they have regressed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Spurs are a fading power upwardly mobile progressive looking clubs like Newcastle, Villa & Brighton have all overtaken them. The days of Spurs playing in the Champions League are gone Levy failed to make hay while the sun was shinning. A few years back they had a world class players all over the pitch now the only one they have is Kane. The first thing that Spurs need to invest heavily in is their defence that the likes of Dier & Davies start most weeks and that Sanchez is still apart of their squad encapsulates why they have regressed.

yes they need to good director of football who can move them forward. 

They need defenders 1 quality centre back, keeper, left back, attacking midfielder and back up striker. I would be targeting Guehi, Estupiñán and Furuhashi as signings. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Can see ange lasting 6 months there then getting fired.  Bigger names than him have failed there. Spurs are a poisoned chalice 

I think he will be success there actually. He will play attacking football there. That's what Spurs and its fans needed. Mourinho and Conte wasn't the right fit for club. 

On 06/06/2023 at 16:00, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think Chaddy and Roversfan99 are married, want a divorce but can't afford to buy each other out, and are therefore playing out their hurt and resentment on BRFCS.

Its a divorce that has been in the courts for years upon boring years.

And sometimes they friggin reconcile.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is Declan Rice really a world class holding midfielder? 

Very good player no doubt, and quite well rounded, but not sure he is good enough on the ball or able to control games at the top level.

He's not world class yet but he's a top class Box to box midfielder