BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

He's not world class yet but he's a top class Box to box midfielder 

He is a defensive player, he has a good engine and reads the game really well out of possession. Can't dictate a game, isn't anything special in possession and as a box to box he doesn't offer much going forward, he seldom scores for a start. If I was a big club I would be wary because he will likely cost above market value due to being English. He isn't quite up to the level of the likes of Rodri, Casemiro and Guimares. Still a very good player all the same.

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He is a defensive player, he has a good engine and reads the game really well out of possession. Can't dictate a game, isn't anything special in possession and as a box to box he doesn't offer much going forward, he seldom scores for a start. If I was a big club I would be wary because he will likely cost above market value due to being English. He isn't quite up to the level of the likes of Rodri, Casemiro and Guimares. Still a very good player all the same.

Rice has 5 goals in 50 this season compared to Rodri who has 3 goals in 55, Casemiro has 7 goals in 53 and Guimrares has 5 goals in 40 games. 

Given Rice is wanted by Bayern, Arsenal and Liverpool suggests they rate him highly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He was phenomenal in the final against Italy.  He and Bellingham dominated against France.  He is pretty good on the ball.  He's better in possession than rodhri

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

He was phenomenal in the final against Italy.  He and Bellingham dominated against France.  He is pretty good on the ball.  He's better in possession than rodhri

He definitely isnt better in possession than Rodri! Rodri is excellent on the ball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He's a better dribbler. Rodri might be a better passer

Is Rice is a dribbler? I meant in terms of controlling possession, last night was a perfect example, he struggled in that regard. He is average in terms of passing and thats what I think he would struggle with if he went to a really big team.

Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player. Very good at winning the ball back, his defensive awareness, his energy. On the ball, average. I think his strengths lie as a defensive midfielder, same point to @chaddyrovers obviously all of those midfielders are holding midfielders, I am not convinced that he would thrive as a box to box midfielder.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Behave yourself, man!

• Like 3

He’s a very good player. I keep saying it but players come in two groups - the ones that get you on top in a game and the ones that murder the opposition once the first group have got you on top. Rice is in the first group. Style wise he reminds a lot of Ronnie Clayton especially in his upright running stance.

He is clearly a very good player, but West Ham could not get hold of the ball for much of that game last night, especially in the first half. It was just constantly coming back at them and whenever Rice got on it he was as guilty as anyone in losing it cheaply. He came more into it the last 20 minutes when his stamina and engine started to show through. 

The likes of Flitcroft and Sherwood for Rovers always looked limited to outsiders, but when they play for your club you see their true worth. Same with Carrick at United. Not particularly great at much but was a  key part of their last glory spell. If Rice goes to a top club and wins things he may elevate himself to a top level.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Just to be clear, I really do rate Declan Rice as a player and I think his improvement in the last 3 years has been great to watch, certainly from an England POV. But, he’s still a way to go to be mentioned as one of the greats in his position. Maybe going to a behemoth of a club will get him there…

• Like 3

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

congraulations west ham ,you`ve won the european equivalent of the papa johns trophy

Bizarre take. Gets them European football in a higher ranked tournament for next season, and they beat a solid Italian team in the final. A European Trophy win is the stuff Rovers fans can only dream of. Other Premier League clubs should be looking at the Europa Conference League as an opportunity for silverware away from domestic trophies given Man City's domination.

• Like 3

I hope Rice gets himself to Liverpool. He'll get guaranteed game time under a manager who will really drill into him the art of turning the ball over and then passing forward and direct. Klopp made Henderson a much better player and Rice is naturally better than Henderson

The future is bright for the English midfield with him and Bellingham in there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Bizarre take. Gets them European football in a higher ranked tournament for next season, and they beat a solid Italian team in the final. A European Trophy win is the stuff Rovers fans can only dream of. Other Premier League clubs should be looking at the Europa Conference League as an opportunity for silverware away from domestic trophies given Man City's domination.

You can guarantee that Villa under Emery will be going all out to win it next season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is Rice is a dribbler? I meant in terms of controlling possession, last night was a perfect example, he struggled in that regard. He is average in terms of passing and thats what I think he would struggle with if he went to a really big team.

Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player. Very good at winning the ball back, his defensive awareness, his energy. On the ball, average. I think his strengths lie as a defensive midfielder, same point to @chaddyrovers obviously all of those midfielders are holding midfielders, I am not convinced that he would thrive as a box to box midfielder.

He is actually very good at dribbling with the ball. I've seen him do it a number of times 

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Just to be clear, I really do rate Declan Rice as a player and I think his improvement in the last 3 years has been great to watch, certainly from an England POV. But, he’s still a way to go to be mentioned as one of the greats in his position. Maybe going to a behemoth of a club will get him there…

I believe he's up there as one of the top defensive midfielders in the world 

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

I heard about an Italian substitute saying why have England taken off rice in the euros final as he was bossing the midfield at that point 

I heard an Italian midfielder said they referred to him as Rice Pudding during the second half as he had gone all soft and had no substance.

Edited by Hasta

15 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

congraulations west ham ,you`ve won the european equivalent of the papa johns trophy

They've certainly over-egged the pudding with their celebrations.

It's a fine achievement, but it's a very minor trophy.

• Like 1