BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

One of the papers is saying Harry Kane will not move to Man Utd because Levy will block it. If that's the case Harry must be sick of that twerp. Levy knows he is not a temperamental, unprofessional type to throw his toys out the pram and has been taking advantage of it for years. Kane may have been looking at the prospect of a treble this season if he was allowed to go to City when they offered a fortune. 

All the talk of 'He does not need trophies, goal scoring records are his trophies' is absolute crap. Those are temporary, a winner's medal is forever. If he doesn't move this season, then if he doesn't go on a Bosman he is a mug.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2023 at 14:34, roversfan99 said:

The Tottenham job though?

Spurs have finished higher than 4th only 3 times since the advent of the Premier League, 

They have only won 2 league titles - 1951 and 1961. 

They are Rodgers' level. 

Off the field is different. Spurs' new stadium has allowed them to crack into the Deloitte football money league top 10. Their commercial success outweighs their on pitch reality.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Spurs have finished higher than 4th only 3 times since the advent of the Premier League, 

They have only won 2 league titles - 1951 and 1961. 

They are Rodgers' level. 

Off the field is different. Spurs' new stadium has allowed them to crack into the Deloitte football money league top 10. Their commercial success outweighs their on pitch reality.

81?

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65697595

Some operators of illegal football streams have been caught and jailed. Once again though the reason people turn to this is because the high prices charged by Sky and BT which in turn feeds the agents, players and executives.

If people can get all the sport, films and television they could possibly need for £60 per year, or pay Sky, Amazon, BT, Netflix- spend £100 a month and get less content, it’s absolutely no wonder anyone is tempted.

• Like 3

It's not just the high prices of Sky/BT which lure people into dodgy streaming services.

I know a couple who have a Sky Sports subscription and also have a dodgy Amazon thing through which they watch all Rovers games.

I asked them numerous times last season to come to Ewood, even with the ticket offers.

The answer back was always 'Why should we pay £30-40 when we can watch it at home for free?'

So it's not just Sky/BT; the price of match tickets also contributes to illegal streaming.

The couple in question used to have season tickets btw, and used to attend 4 or 5 matches a season even without. They're totally out of the habit of attending Ewood, and the club has never once contacted them.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If people can get all the sport, films and television they could possibly need for £60 per year, or pay Sky, Amazon, BT, Netflix- spend £100 a month and get less content, it’s absolutely no wonder anyone is tempted.

There are so many similarities between the Sky and BT prices and our season ticket prices with the main one being too pricey when there are cheaper (albeit illegal) options. As Wheelton Blue says lots of Rovers fans watch the games from the comfort of their living rooms.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's not just the high prices of Sky/BT which lure people into dodgy streaming services.

I know a couple who have a Sky Sports subscription and also have a dodgy Amazon thing through which they watch all Rovers games.

I asked them numerous times last season to come to Ewood, even with the ticket offers.

The answer back was always 'Why should we pay £30-40 when we can watch it at home for free?'

So it's not just Sky/BT; the price of match tickets also contributes to illegal streaming.

The couple in question used to have season tickets btw, and used to attend 4 or 5 matches a season even without. They're totally out of the habit of attending Ewood, and the club has never once contacted them.

Brian Clough always said with the advent of live TV that eventually they'll have to let football fans in for free

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Preston were the first team to do that.

17 hours ago, jodrell said:

Plus go unbeaten.

16 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

And Aston Villa were the second.

I stand corrected. I thought Spurs were the first. 

I looked it up. PNE did it in 1888-89. Villa in 1896-97. No wonder I had no idea. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

you mean Ange Postecoglou? 

but looks like he is set for Spurs job now

I love how that article refers to him as the stand out candidate from the recruitment process when Spurs have been knocked back by multiple candidates over a couple of month period.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s a good manager but whether he can sort Spurs out is another story entirely.

Yes he is good coach from how he has Celtic playing. Levy needs to bring in players he needs to change the team around, plus what he does with Kane situation will be interesting to see over the summer. Also will be interesting to see who they as their director of football. 

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I love how that article refers to him as the stand out candidate from the recruitment process when Spurs have been knocked back by multiple candidates over a couple of month period.

Tbf if everyone else has turned them down, I suppose that technically makes him the stand out candidate by default.