BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

Great set of results. Watched the Stoke v Norwich game, again lacking in quality as you expect in this league (the amount of passes that leave players shorts, just basic lacking of quality) but Stoke should have won comfortably. Ben Pearson would have been perfect for us, as much as he is a dickhead.

• Like 3

Akpom’s career until this season is average to say the least. Suddenly he’s found unbelievable form at age 27; Boro are starting matches with a +1 goal each week before a ball is even kicked. It’ll be interesting to see if he turns out to be a one season wonder or not.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yeah, realistically some very easy fixtures for the chasing pack.

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess what the points total required will be to finish 6th - there's about 9 teams absolutely flying at the moment. Terrifying, really. 

image.thumb.png.00f531cf01ac84253d520e22b3e6eae7.png

Form guide last 6 matches. Norwich are currently 7th on 57 points. At 2 points per game over the next 8 matches they'll finish on 73. Based on that we probably need 4 wins and a draw or two from our final 8 games. 

Very few teams will average more than 2 points per game over the next 8 matches. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Boro winning convincingly might be a distraction for Sheff Utd tomorrow, fingers crossed. Can’t complain about todays set of results at all!

Dropping points to teams in the relegation zone is delightful. Obviously we're above that...

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Akpom’s career until this season is average to say the least. Suddenly he’s found unbelievable form at age 27; Boro are starting matches with a +1 goal each week before a ball is even kicked. It’ll be interesting to see if he turns out to be a one season wonder or not.

Same with Morris at Luton. He was a dolloper for Shrewsbury when they finished behind us in L1. Now he's one of the top scorers in the Championship at similar age to Akpom. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yeah, realistically some very easy fixtures for the chasing pack.

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess what the points total required will be to finish 6th - there's about 9 teams absolutely flying at the moment. Terrifying, really. 

The only easy fixtures are ones that you have won.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

CB0981D5-4587-426E-BB4C-638C13FFC673.thumb.jpeg.f248b1773b60a0a87f4559d6b11ef852.jpeg

I’ve just come across this. Here’s the table at the same stage, last season.

Remarkably similar. 

Interesting to see that JDT has equalled (with the potential to significantly improve on) Mowbray's best season with significantly less funding... when does he get a flag?

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Great set of results. Watched the Stoke v Norwich game, again lacking in quality as you expect in this league (the amount of passes that leave players shorts, just basic lacking of quality) but Stoke should have won comfortably. Ben Pearson would have been perfect for us, as much as he is a dickhead.

not even a likeable dickhead,proper plastic hardman who goes crying to the ref every time he gets tackled

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not even a likeable dickhead,proper plastic hardman who goes crying to the ref every time he gets tackled

I watched the first half today - I'm not sure what he does better than Travis? He's just a midfield destroyer. 

• Like 3

Today's results were far better for us than I had expected and much better than when  I looked at the scores of games in progress mid-afternoon.

Didn't ever expect to be going into the international break 4 points ahead of 7th.

Ps can we borrow Haaland when we play the dingles?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

Today's results were far better for us than I had expected and much better than when  I looked at the scores of games in progress mid-afternoon.

Didn't ever expect to be going into the international break 4 points ahead of 7th.

Ps can we borrow Haaland when we play the dingles?

Who needs Hasland when we have the colossus that is Gally ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He is better than Travis, much better on the ball and fantastic at positioning himself but I think the pair would make a very good partnership. Pearson can take it on the half turn unlike anyone we have.

Travis has improved massively on the ball and that pass at QPR was superb.