BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Weird feelings of football thread

13 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

The only time the Champions League was special was when games were shown live on ITV 1 and commentary was provided by Clive Tyldesley.

The competition lost all meaning when BT Sport took over the rights.

it lost all meaning when they introduced the money making league stages,as for one eyed clive,the mute button was required,he was so pro united he had a spare room at ferguson towers,howard webb was in the other one🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it lost all meaning when they introduced the money making league stages,as for one eyed clive,the mute button was required,he was so pro united he had a spare room at ferguson towers,howard webb was in the other one🙂

Didn't mind the group stages. When they let teams in who weren't champions then it just became a total farce. 

That was the moment when football started on its trajectory towards the boring, uncompetitive shyte we see today.

And ITVs commentary was unbearable at times.

20 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Paul Gallagher is still 18 years old and waiting for his chance to break into the Rovers first team.

I totally have this with Jay McEveley. He was on LMA manager 2003 as an OK youngster and I still think he must be a player in his early 20s trying to find his feet somewhere 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I totally have this with Jay McEveley. He was on LMA manager 2003 as an OK youngster and I still think he must be a player in his early 20s trying to find his feet somewhere 

Hard to believe he is 37 now. He was 17 when he had a stormer of a debut at Old Trafford. It looked like we had a player, but sadly it didn't work out.

LMA Manager though. What a game. I played them all up until 2005. Didn't play the last couple in the series, but spent many hours on the earlier ones.