BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Any normal billionaire owners when they see a great chance for promotion push the boat out to make at least one statement signing.  Yet we are shopping in poundshop land

If they didn't do it last season, there's no chance they'll do it this time around when the gap to automatics is so huge. If they had any drive or ambition then was the time to show it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How do you know what we bid?

Uh, I don't, but the post you were quoting said Watford bid 200k and that we bid 300k more. I was going off that basis for argument sake, hence I said 'sounds like'. Maybe you should have asked them how they know what we bid instead of me.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Same writing style as a certain Mercer from here.

File it under bullshit 

Have said before on here, I'm not one of the Twitterati  and even if I was, if I had any info, why the feck would I just not put it on here like I normally do.

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

No it wasnt, it was intended so that he could beat the full back in the air as they are generally worse in the air than centre back. 

Ahh yes, I remember him saying that! What a stupid plan that was.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Ahh yes, I remember him saying that! What a stupid plan that was.

Yes I seem to remember he would beat the full-back in the air, then make a complete bollocks of it, as he didn't know what to do out wide. What a great plan.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SuperDunny said:

Porteous to Watford is a bullet dodged i think

It might have been a bonus signing given that a striker and a dogged midfielder are priorities (in my opinion).

One game isn't enough to judge a player, so take this with a pinch of salt. I watched Porteous against Hearts and he was defensively woeful, if perhaps tidy on the ball. For the price, it might have been worth it to get a ball-playing defender to fit our style of build-up play, but I'm not too bothered based on what I saw. The impression I get on social media is that he is overrated and a bit of an idiot off the field, but then he was only going to cost a few hundred £k.

Next. And I won't mind if that means van Hecke on loan, but I think he's destined for bigger things after starting to break into Brighton's first team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

It might have been a bonus signing given that a striker and a dogged midfielder are priorities (in my opinion).

One game isn't enough to judge a player, so take this with a pinch of salt. I watched Porteous against Hearts and he was defensively woeful, if perhaps tidy on the ball. For the price, it might have been worth it to get a ball-playing defender to fit our style of build-up play, but I'm not too bothered based on what I saw. The impression I get on social media is that he is overrated and a bit of an idiot off the field, but then he was only going to cost a few hundred £k.

Next. And I won't mind if that means van Hecke on loan, but I think he's destined for bigger things after starting to break into Brighton's first team.

Yeah completely agree having watched the Hearts match. Scottish lads i work with reckon that while he is the main man at Hibs, it doesn't help him. His ego gets in the way apparently and his best performance was for Scotland when he was the newbie.

JPvH is the dream loan to perm signing but as you say, not a priority really.

26 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Very much doubt a midfielder is coming in unfortunately.

Think it will be a striker on loan and that's your lot.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

All my mates are Pompey fans. They rate Bishop far higher than they did Hirst. Not a player who will forge his own chances but has a very good conversion rate with a decent supply.

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

All my mates are Pompey fans. They rate Bishop far higher than they did Hirst. Not a player who will forge his own chances but has a very good conversion rate with a decent supply.

IMG-20230126-WA0004.jpg

I’ve always liked Clarke-Harris since he played at Ewood for Rotherham, a good few years back. Not the quickest but strong and physical and seems to score well at League 1 level and did ok for Posh last year in the Championship.

Unless there are any unexpected rabbits to be pulled out of the hat, think this window is going to be one of the most underwhelming in memory and we've had a few of those.

A seeming inability to land even any of our modest targets eg Gelhardt, Porteous, Haikin etc is a damning indictment of the club's functionality. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4