BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

This Krasso guy looks good from the YouTube videos I’ve just watched of him, granted, they always do on highlight clips.

I will also add - the standard of football in Ligue 2 looks abysmal.

Krasso does look like he has some solid raw attributes though! Certainly could be one of these unpolished gems we’re hoping to sniff out.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Would this Krasso even get a work permit? Ligue 2, only one international cap, doesn't seem likely he would get anywhere near unless I'm missing something.

11/65 exceptions panel - could probably be sorted if that Calculator is accurate.

Mindful that different sites often give different results for these.

image.thumb.jpeg.a5930ada52cf2349a50f5bfbcd1fbdfa.jpeg

Edited by TheRevAshton

• Backroom

The fact there's no link almost makes it more likely in my head, purely on the basis that the earliest we knew of ANY deal since GB came in was a week for Brittain and that's because he was already a target under Mowbray.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, imy9 said:

A classic target man, Krasso is superb in the air, but without sacrificing much in the way of movement or energy. While Sainté have struggled this season, it’s not for anything Krasso has done wrong. Displaying a talent which belies his physical gifts, his dynamism is elemental to the team’s pressing while his passing can be almost audacious at times.

Clever with the ball at his feet and possessed of a fine first touch, Krasso’s catalogue of feints, touches, and layoffs is impressive indeed

Sounds good, thanks.

Here's the full article if anyone's interested

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/profile-having-found-a-place-in-ligue-2-jean-philippe-krasso-is-now-ready-for-ligue-1/

7 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

No link, just his contract expires soon & he fits the bill uptop. Could be anyone though lol

Wtf! Love the notion that Rovers are so far shot away now in terms of scouting connections, people paid money to scout for us or so little brass for anyone to be arsed thinking about new recruits that we have to rely on complete speculation by outside agents with absolutely no insight into possibilities to get new players in.

Unbelievable how far the club has sunk. Laughable. Or do I mean desperately sad? 🤔 

6 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Wtf! Love the notion that Rovers are so far shot away now in terms of scouting connections, people paid money to scout for us or so little brass for anyone to be arsed thinking about new recruits that we have to rely on complete speculation by outside agents with absolutely no insight into possibilities to get new players in.

Unbelievable how far the club has sunk. Laughable. Or do I mean desperately sad? 🤔 

I don’t understand.

51 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

I don’t understand.

Bank End Rover basically said there was no link, but that this player he'd scouted (Krasso) fits the bill - as if there is an icecube in hell's chance of him being on our radar other than by some fluke that involved one of our so called scouts picking up a name (at random) from here.

So, by this logic, Rovers are reduced to scouting via BRFCS.

Unbelievable? Far fetched? Likely? You choose!

I thought we actually PAID folk to do this???????????

Silly me. 

33 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Bank End Rover basically said there was no link, but that this player he'd scouted (Krasso) fits the bill - as if there is an icecube in hell's chance of him being on our radar other than by some fluke that involved one of our so called scouts picking up a name (at random) from here.

So, by this logic, Rovers are reduced to scouting via BRFCS.

Unbelievable? Far fetched? Likely? You choose!

I thought we actually PAID folk to do this???????????

Silly me. 

Rough morning?

unsall has said that a French attacker is on his way over for a medical today. We alL assumed it was ogbo, Sharpe has denied that….A poster mentioned that this krasso is out of contract and looking at his abilities it fits what JDT was looking for. We’ve just literally debated him & how it could be him. It’s your choice whether to agree or not. Not sure why you’ve taken such an offence to it…Could maybe be Josh Maja as we’ve been linked with him before and he too is out of contract soon.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

Assombalonga joined Watford 6 month contract with an option of a further year.

I would have thought Mardon would be all over this one 😊 He could be the difference for Watford, at least has the potential to fire them into the play offs as has a track record. No doubt far too expensive for our A list and we are now probably on F, as the deadline approaches.

11 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Rough morning?

unsall has said that a French attacker is on his way over for a medical today. We alL assumed it was ogbo, Sharpe has denied that….A poster mentioned that this krasso is out of contract and looking at his abilities it fits what JDT was looking for. We’ve just literally debated him & how it could be him. It’s your choice whether to agree or not. Not sure why you’ve taken such an offence to it…Could maybe be Josh Maja as we’ve been linked with him before and he too is out of contract soon.

Be surprised if Maja would even consider us after previously coming over to sign, sitting around all day and then told, thanks but no thanks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s failed to make an impression at barnsley,mk dons and scunthorpe,every time he`s been sent back to chelsea,he did ok in holland and belgium(roda and cercle bruges) again loans,sold to genk,then sold to troyes,initialy on loan then permanent,they now want to get rid of him,massive alarm bells going on for me,why do clubs want to offload him,he`s either worse than george hirst or has a massive attitude problem,my god he might even be worse than antony modeste🤒😅

Hang on, didn't we want our recruitment team to be creative in their scouting, to use European networks, to cast the net to find unpolished gems, in a world where bringing someone in from abroad is harder than ever for us both financially and administratively??

Here they are, doing exactly that, and are now being accused of being underwhelming and alarm bells ringing!! 

Can anyone really say he would be any better or worse for us than Geldhart or Undav?? 

Expectations of some on here need to be reeled in, unfortunately. What was it Souness said that is often quoted on here? "We have to wee with the willy we've got".  It's not GB or JDT's fault that it's got rather cold in the last decade...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He failed his medical, didn’t he? 

I don't believe he failed his medical Paul, his parent club changed the terms of deal at the last minute I heard, he ended up at Stoke on loan.

I think it’s fair to say that historically we’ve been lacking in direction and strategy. But I do genuinely believe that GB has a plan and he will need time to execute it. We all want success right now and I think the recent forays into the Playoff positions have raised expectations but it’s clear to anyone that we are not a top 6 team / squad. We simply do not have the finances, so will need to overachieve to get there.

I don’t think we struggle to identify players, the problem is that we simply cannot afford them under FFP regulation. If another owner came in, they would be under the same restrictions.

Of course, we must get better at generating revenue from player sales but with diminishing gates and being placed in a low economic area, we just don’t generate the funds we need to.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don't believe he failed his medical Paul, his parent club changed the terms of deal at the last minute I heard, he ended up at Stoke on loan.

Ahh, sorry. I thought he’d failed the medical. All aside though, do we really want Maja? Seems he can’t find a home anywhere…

8 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Yes he's now at Dortmund too, he had a good career after leaving us, including pocketing a load of cash in China

He was excellent in his first game at home to Newcastle, he just missed a number of chances. He was fast and was there to miss them but then he went and got sent off, I think it was Arsenal and then that was it. Debuts / first few games often determine trajectory, good strikers generally score on debut or quickly thereafter and if they don’t, it generally doesn’t go well. Corrado Grabbi looked really good in the early games, nearly scored on debut, was really unlucky not to score against Utd but it just wouldn’t go in for him and the rest is history.