BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

3 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

The project doesn't rely on the coach (who can be replaced). In theory at least. I like JDT but feel he's just as naive as Tony was with his possession-oriented football that involved almost no penetrating passes. We simply don't have the players for it, from our GK and onwards. 

The normal among us would then believe GB might sign some bodies with that style of play in mind... 

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

602185682_Screenshot2023-01-30at15_00_59.thumb.png.6fd640cf142e3d247dfc0ffb8674a18b.png

For reference, this is the latest income table I can get for the Championship. It shows you where we sit. There are a lot of teams who spend way over 70% of their income on wages.

Is this last season’s Joe?

It’s always quite tricky to accurately gauge where we are in terms of wages. The only accurate measure is the published accounts and by their nature they are never up to date. We’ve offloaded some big hitters since the last set, so we will be getting nearer to that 70%. Perhaps we might actually be below the 100% mark as things stand currently.

That chart shows the issue of parachute payments pretty starkly. Lots of work to do on match day revenues as we know, and our commercial income is massively inflated by slapping Venky logos on everything, hence the lack of urgency from the club to improve that side.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can anyone be blame at Rovers when 2 clubs have backtracked out of deals which we had agreed? 

Firstly, I didn't stormed in but called out what it was. No surprise you don't see that way

No I won't questioned Broughton or the recruitment team at all. Firstly, Its Broughton to get transfers done whilst the recruitment team job is to find signings and present shortlists to our head of recruitment Williams and DoF Broughton. The recruitment team isn't responsible for negotiating transfers and contracts. That is Broughton and Waggott job. 

When you look back and see that 2 clubs who Rovers have agreed deals have back out from the transfers. Is that anyone fault at Rovers? 

Also we don't know the full story behind transfers and why some don't happen after everything is agreed. 

You don't just focus on one deal but you will have a number of transfers discussions on going at the same time. 

The Kone transfer blame should be on Lorient and no one at Rovers should be blame. 

That consultancy work but no involve in Football transfers and contracts negotiations tho. You only have to watched Sky Documentary on Football transfer window in the summer 2022 to see how complex transfers are. 

Any professional recruitment team don't put all their eggs in one or two baskets. They draw up alternative shortlists. So YES Broughton is some what to blame.  Its also down to venkys. The recruitment side have had 6 months to identify targets. What have they been doing in the meantime other than churn out platitudes and soundbites. Heads need to role if it's another failure 

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Is this last season’s Joe?

It’s always quite tricky to accurately gauge where we are in terms of wages. The only accurate measure is the published accounts and by their nature they are never up to date. We’ve offloaded some big hitters since the last set, so we will be getting nearer to that 70%. Perhaps we might actually be below the 100% mark as things stand currently.

That chart shows the issue of parachute payments pretty starkly. Lots of work to do on match day revenues as we know, and our commercial income is massively inflated by slapping Venky logos on everything, hence the lack of urgency from the club to improve that side.

My concern with the new FSR rules replacing FFP is that it only exaggerates the issue of teams who are benefitting from parachute payments. Their 70% of income looks SO drastically different to ours that it becomes practically impossible to compete.

Just now, roverandout said:

Any professional recruitment team don't put all their eggs in one or two baskets. They draw up alternative shortlists. So YES Broughton is some what to blame.

How on earth can you claim to know about what eggs we've put in what basket? We hardly even hear about the specifics of the eggs these days, let alone what the baskets look like.

Just now, JoeH said:

How on earth can you claim to know about what eggs we've put in what basket? We hardly even hear about the specifics of the eggs these days, let alone what the baskets look like.

Because it appears the club are scurrying around at the last minute again hoping something comes off 

Just now, JoeH said:

My concern with the new FSR rules replacing FFP is that it only exaggerates the issue of teams who are benefitting from parachute payments. Their 70% of income looks SO drastically different to ours that it becomes practically impossible to compete.

Absolutely. I know there is a lot of annoyance from the Championship clubs in general about it. Fairer distribution has to happen.

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Absolutely. I know there is a lot of annoyance from the Championship clubs in general about it. Fairer distribution has to happen.

I mean a parachute club has won the league every year since 2016 - Burnley have spent £40m on transfers this season alone when the rest of the league doesn't have a pot to piss in. 

It's beyond a parody at this point. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and? what that got to do with next season.

You asked the question, why the Rovers should make a statement about whether Diaz has signed a pre-contract. I gave you an answer. What has next season got to do with your question ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I know I'm not jdt biggest fan but if he walks out in the summer similar to lambert then a full protest needs to go ahead. Sick of the lack of ambition at the club.  Venkys need to go. They've rarely done anything right

You're completely right, but also I can see a lot of the remaining fanbase being glad to see the back of him. It won't happen even if everyone was apoplectic with rage - there seems to be no organisation at fan level at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CheshireRover said:

You're completely right, but also I can see a lot of the remaining fanbase being glad to see the back of him. It won't happen even if everyone was apoplectic with rage - there seems to be no organisation at fan level at the moment.

Mostly fan apathy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean a parachute club has won the league every year since 2016 - Burnley have spent £40m on transfers this season alone when the rest of the league doesn't have a pot to piss in. 

It's beyond a parody at this point. 

I think this is why it’s so frustrating how we surrendered last season when a playoff position should’ve been absolutely nailed on 12 months ago. Realistically you need to be opportunistic and have a degree of good fortune to buck the trend, rather than a project. We aren’t as well placed this year, but another missed opportunity looks likely.

Things will change regarding financial distribution down the pyramid, but it needs to be meaningful and not just token. Needs a bit of urgency too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I know I'm not jdt biggest fan but if he walks out in the summer similar to lambert then a full protest needs to go ahead. Sick of the lack of ambition at the club.  Venkys need to go. They've rarely done anything right

The only protest that would be acknowledged, would be a drop in season ticket sales to the point of embarrassment.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Because we're not signing anyone ever again until the end of time, I'm just here for curry-related puns. 

Something about a Jon Dhal curry.

That's him. Some people are unhappy with him, but I have no beef with him. I can't really blame him for the cummins and goings, he had a recruitment team, in charge of those. We were top of the table at one point, so the hot streak was bound to cool a little and we find ourselves hunting for scraps now. No doubt there will be a bit more argi bhaji before the deadline tomorrow, so I hope the DOF knows his onions.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can anyone be blame at Rovers when 2 clubs have backtracked out of deals which we had agreed? 

Firstly, I didn't stormed in but called out what it was. No surprise you don't see that way

No I won't questioned Broughton or the recruitment team at all. Firstly, Its Broughton to get transfers done whilst the recruitment team job is to find signings and present shortlists to our head of recruitment Williams and DoF Broughton. The recruitment team isn't responsible for negotiating transfers and contracts. That is Broughton and Waggott job. 

When you look back and see that 2 clubs who Rovers have agreed deals have back out from the transfers. Is that anyone fault at Rovers? 

Also we don't know the full story behind transfers and why some don't happen after everything is agreed. 

You don't just focus on one deal but you will have a number of transfers discussions on going at the same time. 

The Kone transfer blame should be on Lorient and no one at Rovers should be blame. 

That consultancy work but no involve in Football transfers and contracts negotiations tho. You only have to watched Sky Documentary on Football transfer window in the summer 2022 to see how complex transfers are. 

Ok, so to clarify, even if we don't sign anyone else, you won't be putting any questions (metaphorically) towards Broughton and the recruitment team?

The transfer market is about identifying players that are realistic, and the longer in the window you leave it, you risk putting your eggs in one or two baskets with no back up plan if they fall through. There are always bloody excuses, its never our fault.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

FFP and similar rules being brought in as excuses for lack of spending. When we are letting millions go down the drain, that excuses ceases to exist.

Absolutely not, that's not the timeline of events here. FFP/FSR information has been posted in response to questions raised by some posters about why the wage bill has to come down.

13 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

This is my last go-around to be honest. If they mess up this partnership by not supporting JDT (after years of supporting Mowbray and his wasteful signings) then I'll be done.

It's a soulless club now anyway - the town is detached from the club now, you can feel it. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Any professional recruitment team don't put all their eggs in one or two baskets. They draw up alternative shortlists. So YES Broughton is some what to blame.  Its also down to venkys. The recruitment side have had 6 months to identify targets. What have they been doing in the meantime other than churn out platitudes and soundbites. Heads need to role if it's another failure 

and we haven't put all our eggs in one basket tho have tho and to be quite honest on one on here has a clue what is going on at Rovers behind the scenes. 

Also this recruitment team has been together for about 3 months in total not 6 months. But also we have been let down twice by 2 clubs when terms of a loan deal was agreed for a striker. do Rovers get the blame for that or those 2 clubs and officials? 

Also no heads need to roll but further investment is needed to find these hidden gems and looking overseas for talent which we can develop and bring on. 

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

You asked the question, why the Rovers should make a statement about whether Diaz has signed a pre-contract. I gave you an answer. What has next season got to do with your question ?

Cos him signing for Villareal is next season. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

This is my last go-around to be honest. If they mess up this partnership by not supporting JDT (after years of supporting Mowbray and his wasteful signings) then I'll be done.

It's a soulless club now anyway - the town is detached from the club now, you can feel it. 

Many feel like this, look at our thousands of lost ST holders. But if the 8,500 of us now left give up, what hope is left for this once great, world renowned football club that we all still love. There are some things that you just can’t give up on and for me, that is my football club. 

• Like 3