BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

O'brien isn't needed.  A striker Is a PRIORITY.  

He absolutely is needed. Proven top quality championship midfielder. Shocked at that, we've been as awful if not worse in midfield this season than up front.

• Like 4

This must be the stupidest thing I've seen Sharpe post in a while:

'6:16pm

The talk all month of Rovers not having any money and potentially signing up for what would be a record fee in the summer. What a club. '

It's a record fee if we go up, at which point obviously we will have money. Duh. Unless it's a mandated summer buy even if we stay down, in which case I'd be absolutely and utterly astonished.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can’t for the life of me work out why we’d spend a penny on a centre back when we are so desperate for a number 9. 

Decent striker is far more difficult too find and tend to cost alot more. If you gamble on one and it doesn't pay off it's a lot more noticeable too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

O'brien would be our best midfielder by a mile . Was brilliant at Huddersfield .

Honestly think a midfielder is needed more than any position . Ours is awful 

Not sure it will do much good if they have to line up alongside Morton every game.

Does anybody know, when O'Brien excelled at Huddersfield, was he playing in a central midfield 2, or a 3?

1 minute ago, alcd said:

Player might decide against. Easier to sit on the bench or in the stand for 3 months. 

He wouldn’t be at Brockhall having a medical right now if he didn’t fancy the move…

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, alcd said:

Player might decide against. Easier to sit on the bench or in the stand for 3 months. 

I imagine if it's going as reported that he has already indicated he is interest. Surely he can't be linked all day and be reported as "edging closer" for him to just say "nah". It's clearly a runner.

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

O'brien isn't needed.  A striker Is a PRIORITY.  

By default even our current crop of strikers should improve with Obrien picking the ball up making things happen  going forward.

If it fails now I'd be gutted, if it happens it's a huge coup.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeap, guessing it would be a failed medical now for it to not happen.

Be just like rovers "oh shit he's actually here, quick doc find something with the medical, anything!!!...yes so Mr.O' Brien turns out you are pregnant so we are gonna have to pull the plug, sorry. Send word to Pune, we've done it again!"

• Like 4