BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 11/02/2023

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

o`brien would have raised this side from bang average to pretty good,he has more ability in one toe than travis or morton

Still might.

Pears has been steady again, like the look of Thomas already and Trav has been busy.

Dack doing Dack stuff and Dolan showing why he’s far better than Vale up top.

I also wouldn’t swap either of of current CBs for that Porteous lad, never mind Hyam or Ayala. No loss there at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Andy said:

Still might.

Pears has been steady again, like the look of Thomas already and Trav has been busy.

Dack doing Dack stuff and Dolan showing why he’s far better than Vale up top.

I also wouldn’t swap either of of current CBs for that Porteous lad, never mind Hyam or Ayala. No loss there at all.

Ah Porteous looks good, to be fair. He's just clearly a tosser.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

My radio just won't pick this up clearly unless I'm stood in very inconvenient parts of my room...is there any way to just listen to it on a website? I can't be doing with the fuzzy commentary I'm getting.

Same. I've tried tuning into the frequency which Chaddy posted earlier, it's a no-go for me.

It;s not available through BBC online.

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

How's Dolan playing?

Bags of energy, putting himself about, linking play up with little flicks when he can and holding the ball up when it comes to feet.

So much better than Vale, but he's still not a CF. He's the best option we have though. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OsloRover said:

Heartening performance, it’s like watching rovers again. 
Brereton needs benching though, every touch is a disaster now

Who do we bring on for Brereton, I genuinly don't know.

Maybe Brittain at fullback and move JRC to midfield?

Good so far. 

Imagine what this team could do if they weren't so rank bad on the transition. I've lost count of the number of times (per game) I'm perplexed and annoyed at the lack of directness on a counter. Be it underhit or incorrect passing (like Dolan multiple times today already) or just going safe, sideways or backwards.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

You've just said that it's a Mowbray-esque move to take a winger and play him upfront.

Make your mind up.

Chasing around up front in a 4-4-2 is not playing as a number 9. As an ex-winger myself I used to enjoy it.