BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

12 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

we only need to sell 1600 from here to beat last seasons Full ST sales - was it not 8.6k by the end of August 22?

Ah I see, obviously Swag is using full STs, not how many STs we actually finished the season with.

But no I don’t see another 1600 being sold when even Riverside prices will be approaching £500 in a couple of weeks (presuming we go to phase 3).

Edited by Mattyblue

26 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Be interesting on brfcs alone, what would be the trigger to those who aint got a season ticket yet, what the trigger would be to buy one.

Id also be interested how crowd data from last season can be deemee reliable given we spent most of the season having our games selected for tv or being moved from 3pm saturday kick offs.

The revenue generated from that be an interesting number too

I’d be interested in SW’s answer to this:

If the club’s data shows decreasing ticket prices doesn’t increase ticket sales, why did they start doing offers and bundles towards the end of the season…

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

7. Club expecting 90% renewal rate and 1500 to 2000 new season ticket holders.

I estimated 1,600 new ST holders the other day. 🥳 That's purely based on the seat map. You asked me why I thought 1,600 new ST holders had bought overnight, but I couldn't work out why you said "overnight". The counts are ALL "new" seats since they went on sale.

If 5,400 or so have renewed, which is  close to 60%. If he wants another 30%, then he's going to have to work at it. Last season's loyalists deserve a bit more time to renew at a reduced price.

Edited by goozburger

14 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I estimated 1,600 new ST holders the other day. 🥳 That's purely based on the seat map. You asked me why I thought 1,600 had renewed overnight, but I couldn't work out why you said "overnight". The counts are ALL "new" seats since they went on sale.

If 5,400 or so have renewed, which is  close to 60%. If he wants another 30%, then he's going to have to work at it. Last season's loyalists deserve a bit more time to renew at a reduced price.

This is the point I was trying to make. If he thinks we’ll have 90% retention of presumably full ST holders, not full and half, that means only 850 won’t renew, add that to say 2000 newbies, then we are on course for 10,000. 

Just can’t see it when the price has been hiked (and soon to be hiked again) before we’d even hit 7000.

Edited by Mattyblue

Interesting that the players have commented on the embarrassing nature of the riverside stand for 80% of home games this season.  Waggots agenda of emptying it over the years has spectacularly backfired there in terms of asthetics and atmosphere.

I will add though that when the players have walked out to a wall of fans on that side this season i don't think we won a game and i'd suggest they concentrate more on the on the pitch stuff Dom lad.  

The comment about cheaper prices not correlating with selling a lot more is the kind of nonsense one is accustomed to with Waggot now.  Pure bullshit spin to justify his motives, yeah we might not double 8k season ticket holders but you'd get a 50% increase at least.

The whole idea - backed by players and gaffer surely - is to get more in EVERY game, rebuild the hardcore and take it from there.

The bloke is a nugget with his feet under the table on a very cushy number repeating a set of notes every summer he wrote about 5 years ago.  

No wonder we never attempt anything ambitious with these drones at the club.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Just can’t see it when the price has been hiked before we’d even hit 7000.

Although I can't see renewals for the time being, selling 4 and 8 new season tickets in the last couple of days can only be down to the price hike. Knowing that something was cheaper last week than it is now makes you think twice. Then again, Phase 3 might prompt those umm-ing and ahh-ing about it

I will do a count later and see how many new purchases there are. I'd expect a tiny increase with it being Saturday and football games perhaps bumping a few into action.

For me it is not a case of whether it's a reduction or an increase. For me the question is, are the season tickets value for money. The answer personnally is, no. Therefore I will not buy one. It is the same scenario as last season. Season ticket prices were too high then, and they are now.

• Like 1

The worrying thing is, as incompetent and tone deaf as Waggott is, and as much as I would be overjoyed by his resignation. This is all stems from the owners. When he goes, someone equally responsible for passing down the wishes of the owners will be equally as disruptive in reducing our attendances further.

46 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Price

If I was to buy a ticket it would be in the Jack Walker central - which is currently £529 (I don’t know what the ‘early bird’ price was)

That’s £23 a match, which to be honest, I’d probably pay - but I’m in the fortunate position of being able to afford to do so.

My ‘problem’ is I’m not local and we only have one car, which my wife needs for work on Saturdays.

I think I’m a ‘case in point’ as to why flexibility can be as important as price -if they offered a mid - week only season ticket, I’d probably be interested (at the same price per match as a full season ticket)

Clearly they’d have to make an ‘educated guess’ as to how many games would be mid week, I don’t see this as an ‘insurmountable problem’.

Edited by wilsdenrover

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

If I was to buy a ticket it would be in the Jack Walker central - which is currently £529 (I don’t know what the ‘early bird’ price was)

That’s £23 a match, which to be honest, I’d probably pay - but I’m in the fortunate position of being able to afford to do so.

My ‘problem’ is I’m not local and we only have one car, which my wife needs for work on Saturdays.

I think I’m a ‘case in point’ as to why flexibility can be as important as price -if they offered a mid - week only season ticket, I’d probably be interested (at the same price per match as a full season ticket)

Clearly they’d have to make an ‘educated guess’ as to how many games would be mid week, I don’t see this as an ‘insurmountable problem’.

Equally, if you knocked some off that season ticket, say £350-400 even considering it is in the most expensive area, would you be much more likely too even without a flexible alternative, just because that price would make you less bothered about missing games because the price isn't so steep in the first place.

The prices being so high will surely deter those (and there will be many, especially with Sky's disregard towards fans) who can't attend every game being able to justify a season ticket.

One way around not giving flexible tickets could be offer to a scheme similar to something Burnley are trailing, whereby if you can't attend, you exchange a ticket for a game and get money back if someone else buys it.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Equally, if you knocked some off that season ticket, say £350-400 even considering it is in the most expensive area, would you be much more likely too even without a flexible alternative, just because that price would make you less bothered about missing games because the price isn't so steep in the first place.

The prices being so high will surely deter those (and there will be many, especially with Sky's disregard towards fans) who can't attend every game being able to justify a season ticket.

One way around not giving flexible tickets could be offer to a scheme similar to something Burnley are trailing, whereby if you can't attend, you exchange a ticket for a game and get money back if someone else buys it.

‘Back in the day’ when I knew I’d miss 3-4 games a season, I’d just factor this into whether the price was a good one (for me)

Now that it’s a certainty I’d miss all the Saturday matches, the price would have to be very low (probably unfeasibly so) for me to consider this to be of value.

I guess there could be a price where I’d at least ‘look into’ the cost (and time involved) in getting to Blackburn by train (would also involve a bus!) - but I’m not sure what this would be.

I imagine for most fans price is by far the most important factor, and for many it will be the only factor - like I said I know I’m in a fortunate position regarding the ability to pay.

Edited by wilsdenrover

20 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Out of interest would you buy the following…

Membership to a “pay as you go” season ticket scheme - £50

That would then allow you to purchase individual tickets for £23 in your preferred area of the ground, £19 if you wanted to sit in the other areas. You’d also get the same priorities on away tickets as season ticket holder, along with any other fringe benefits.

I ask as I’ve put this idea to Waggott. He said he liked the idea, but I sensed there was again a fear it might impact that base revenue target. Rather than see any positives in terms of potential uptake from people such as yourself with other priorities, they worry that a % of people who will still buy ST’s in the knowledge they will miss a number of games might opt for this instead.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Out of interest would you buy the following…

Membership to a “pay as you go” season ticket scheme - £50

That would then allow you to purchase individual tickets for £23 in your preferred area of the ground, £19 if you wanted to sit in the other areas. You’d also get the same priorities on away tickets as season ticket holder, along with any other fringe benefits.

I ask as I’ve put this idea to Waggott. He said he liked the idea, but I sensed there was again a fear it might impact that base revenue target. Rather than see any positives in terms of potential uptake from people such as yourself with other priorities, they worry that a % of people who will still buy ST’s in the knowledge they will miss a number of games might opt for this instead.

I’ve looked up that 22-23 prices (for where I’d sit) were £25 for mid week games (of which there were 4 scheduled when the prices were announced)

If my adding up is right, we ended up having 10 weekday matches, 3 of which were cat A so £35.

By sheer coincidence, attending all these matches (in JWC) would have cost me exactly the same (£280) with or without your suggestion.

But like I said, my personal decision wouldn’t be based on price (although value would be a consideration) - and I’d consider your suggestion to be ‘of value’ for the following reasons:

I may ‘win’ or I may ‘lose’ on price, but I think this would be negligible in either direction (this is clearly dependent on how many matches get moved to the week)

I am out of the habit (in a big way) of going to matches - joining such a scheme would ‘encourage’ me to get back into attending on a ‘somewhat’ regular basis.

Having said all that, you’d probably have been happy with a yes or a no 😁.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

The riverside is a shed with significantly inferior facilities to the other stands.

Make the Riverside £290, and match day prices of £18 regardless of opposition. 

Id guess practically all of the season ticket holders in the JW and BBE wouldn’t move and would be happy with the £50 early bird discount, but suddenly there isn’t an argument that we are uncompetitive against our neighbours or do not offer an entry level price. 

As Chair of Trust and a long-time Riversider, I was instrumental in emphasising the role of the Riverside in getting more supporters inside the Ground eg a cheaper Bleachers section,; clearing one wing section for 'safe standing' ; and using the Riverside NOT to cheapen prices in other zones of the Ground. This would allow Steve Waggott to maintain his position on financial targets but consistently punch home the Trust's position that 12k ST holders plus walk-ons is preferable to a sequence of 'offers'. We maintained this push all 2023/24 but we feel it is a lack of understanding of East Lancashire and the financial pressures on ordinary families coming from our Owners elite life-style.

Elsewhere on this thread Miller 11 re-quotes our 6 main 'demands'. As the Trust becomes stronger we will not water down these key changes in tactics from Ewood. We are THE Rovers.

• Like 5

• Backroom
3 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Be interesting on brfcs alone, what would be the trigger to those who aint got a season ticket yet, what the trigger would be to buy one.

Id also be interested how crowd data from last season can be deemee reliable given we spent most of the season having our games selected for tv or being moved from 3pm saturday kick offs.

The revenue generated from that be an interesting number too

With complete honesty, if I could buy an adult and a senior ticket for under £500 combined. I don't think that's asking too much. Say £300 and £200?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’ve looked up that 22-23 prices (for where I’d sit) were £25 for mid week games (of which there were 4 scheduled when the prices were announced)

If my adding up is right, we ended up having 10 weekday matches, 3 of which were cat A so £35.

By sheer coincidence, attending all these matches (in JWC) would have cost me exactly the same (£280) with or without your suggestion.

But like I said, my personal decision wouldn’t be based on price (although value would be a consideration) - and I’d consider your suggestion to be ‘of value’ for the following reasons:

I may ‘win’ or I may ‘lose’ on price, but I think this would be negligible in either direction (this is clearly dependent on how many matches get moved to the week)

I am out of the habit (in a big way) of going to matches - joining such a scheme would ‘encourage’ me to get back into attending on a ‘somewhat’ regular basis.

Having said all that, you’d probably have been happy with a yes or a no 😁.

That’s actually really helpful. 

I know people who have been knocked back for direct debits who have attended every home game this season, obviously this idea would really benefit them. How many of those fans there are would be an estimate, so trying to find different supporters or scenarios and weighing up how effective it would be is important to consider.

I’d personally push it along the lines of “you can still be a season ticket holder if you can’t attend every game”. The habit point you mentioned is again something we’ve discussed at great lengths. Aside from the price issue we’ve tried to convey how the mood of supporters has changed over recent times.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

5. Improve the match day experience

What did they so about this in the meeting and are they looking at improve the match day experience? 

The strategy if they want to call it that, is purely putting a price to it, stick it on website, email and tweet out.

How many received a renewal pack? Do we even send these?

I haven't had one for years and I would hope we send these out for people don't do email or social media. 

Certain supporters still dont do online/emails etc. They've handicapped one demographic right there by not considering this fact.

I couldn't imagine my mum or dad even knowing how to send an email let alone login to a portal.

Its a very good point and would hope would contact these by phone or by letter.

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It should deffo be the cheapest stand, but I'm sure Waggott will have 'data' on why everybody would move en masse from the other stands to the RS. 

RS - £250

BBE - £300

JWL - £325

JWU - £400

I wouldn't move for BBE for Riverside Stand if it was for free. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That’s actually really helpful. 

I know people who have been knocked back for direct debits who have attended every home game this season, obviously this idea would really benefit them. How many of those fans there are would be an estimate, so trying to find different supporters or scenarios and weighing up how effective it would be is important to consider.

I’d personally push it along the lines of “you can still be a season ticket holder if you can’t attend every game”. The habit point you mentioned is again something we’ve discussed at great lengths. Aside from the price issue we’ve tried to convey how the mood of supporters has changed over recent times.

‘whether it’s one match, or every match - we have a ticket option that’s right for you’

Well ‘we don’t’ - but with a bit of thought ‘we could’

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What did they so about this in the meeting and are they looking at improve the match day experience? 

I haven't had one for years and I would hope we send these out for people don't do email or social media. 

Its a very good point and would hope would contact these by phone or by letter.

I wouldn't move for BBE for Riverside Stand if it was for free

Why’s that? 

12 minutes ago, Mhead2 said:

This would allow Steve Waggott to maintain his position on financial targets but consistently punch home the Trust's position that 12k ST holders plus walk-ons is preferable to a sequence of 'offers'. We maintained this push all 2023/24 but we feel it is a lack of understanding of East Lancashire and the financial pressures on ordinary families coming from our Owners elite life-style.

I think 12k ST holders target is good target but I do think you are right about people in these positions not understanding financial pressures and job situation with ordinary families and that quite alot of people work on tight budget or do have permanent job or only work part time. 

Also I would like to see Rovers put tickets for walk-ons fans on sale much sooner so like 2 months advance to allow people to plan especially with the current financial situation of some Rovers fans.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't move for BBE for Riverside Stand if it was for free. 

Regarding the match day experience, we haven’t got into a great deal of detail on that yet. In fairness it’s probably more of a discussion for the fans forum. The ticket pricing and strategy has been our main focus, but we’ve made some suggestions like the one I mentioned about fans having input to a pre-match play list was one.

I have the exact same thoughts about the Riverside. Wouldn’t want to sit anywhere else. Steve Waggott actually said “you tell us the Riverside is the best stand and has the best views… maybe we should be charging more in there?” - just to point out this was tongue in cheek on his part (I hope!).

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think 12k ST holders target is good target but I do think you are right about people in these positions not understanding financial pressures and job situation with ordinary families and that quite alot of people work on tight budget or do have permanent job or only work part time. 

Also I would like to see Rovers put tickets for walk-ons fans on sale much sooner so like 2 months advance to allow people to plan especially with the current financial situation of some Rovers fans

The problem with this is the notice given to move games for tv - hopefully this will improve when the new Sky deal kicks in.