BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

They sold c12k last summer, so sounds like they’ll be around that mark again by KO despite a season that finished poorly with a bit of a negative vibe around the place.

Why? Price, price, price as we bob along with mid ranking third division club numbers..

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

The seat map is back. The non-renewed seats appear to be available for purchase.

I've checked these numbers three times. This is what I have as the first count.

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,036

Notes

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,210), minus the amount of unavailable (sold) seats.
  • 159 seats in block W01 are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • 376 seats for supporters requiring ground-level font-row access are marked as unavailable (sold), but appear to be block-reserved rather than fully sold. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, J*B said:

Joint fourth most expensive in the league. 

79CC0ED5-75B5-4BF3-89FA-6BB8869E6913.jpeg

Ridiculous. More expensive than Leicester,Sunderland and way more than West Brom! Where on earth is the sense in that? Driving fans away.

So we’ve sold 750 since the FF meeting, even though they’ve been off sale most of the time since?

Some going that!

As an aside the BEnd is interesting, very gappy in areas that are normally packed - I.e NO1 and generally seating further back, obviously quite a few regulars not as yet renewed…

10 minutes ago, goozburger said:

The seat map is back. The non-renewed seats appear to be available for purchase.

Season Ticket Estimate

Notes

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,210), minus the amount of unavailable (sold) seats.
  • 159 seats in block W01 are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • 376 seats for supporters requiring ground-level font-row access are marked as unavailable (sold), but appear to be block-reserved rather than fully sold. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.

Pathetic. 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So we’ve sold 750 since the FF meeting, even though they’ve been off sale most of the time since?

Some going that!

As an aside the BEnd is interesting, very gappy in areas that are normally packed - I.e NO1 and generally seating further back, obviously quite a few regulars not as yet renewed…

Possibly the freebies added in?

• Like 2

Possibly, which I’ve no particularly problem with being included as even back in the days of John Williams, comp STs were included in the overall figure… obviously it saves face much more handier these days too!

Edited by Mattyblue

22 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Estimate

Notes

Thanks for the update. 

It would be interesting to know how we sold over 700 ST when they ticket site has been down? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The numbers are just what I'm being shown with all the usual caveats and deductions I knew about last summer which appear to be the same. I can never claim that this is an accurate count, because I could easily make some wrong assumptions, but there could be a number of explanations as to why we sold 750 or so in the space of two weeks.

1. There is never any visibility of the renewal rate. During the "save your seat" period, they are always blocked-out, and there is no telling how many have or haven't been sold, and therefore no indication of an average renewal rate per day. The renewal rate will no doubt be far higher than the rate of new season ticket holders, so if we were averaging something like 10 new season ticket holders per day since the Super Saver period ended (which is roughly what I was able to see, give or take a caveat), it's not far-fetched to expect the renewal rate to be something like 40 per day.

2. I think the signing of Ennis is an early indicator that this transfer window might be the most promising (or normal) for a long time. I think some supporters might have been waiting for a signal such as this to buy or renew. They might have even been waiting for the speculation surrounding Tomasson to die down.

3. I still think the Super Saver period may have caught a lot out with it finishing almost a month ago. If you haven't got the money in your account to renew by the Super Saver deadline, then you probably just have to bite the bullet on £50 or whatever the difference is, and do it later when you're ready. I'm sure June's payday gave a bump to renewals.

4. The seat map was down for just shy of six days in total. I'm sure it affected sales, but if you're renewing and keeping the same seat, you don't necessarily need the seat map to pick and choose. ( @chaddyrovers, this might answer your query ) The positive is that maybe those who were waiting for the seat map to come back, rather than phone up, might now buy.

I don't really know. I'm just speculating.

Edited by goozburger

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

The numbers are just what I'm being shown with all the usual caveats and deductions I knew about last summer which appear to be the same. I can never claim that this is an accurate count, because I could easily make some wrong assumptions, but there could be a number of explanations as to why we sold 750 or so in the space of two weeks.

1. There is never any visibility of the renewal rate. During the "save your seat" period, they are always blocked-out, and there is no telling how many have or haven't been sold, and therefore no indication of an average renewal rate per day. The renewal rate will no doubt be far higher than the rate of new season ticket holders, so if we were averaging something like 10 new season ticket holders per day since the Super Saver period ended (which is roughly what I was able to see, give or take a caveat), it's not far-fetched to expect the renewal rate to be something like 40 per day.

2. I think the signing of Ennis is an early indicator that this transfer window might be the most promising (or normal) for a long time. I think some supporters might have been waiting for a signal such as this to buy or renew. They might have even been waiting for the speculation surrounding Tomasson to die down.

3. I still think the Super Saver period may have caught a lot out with it finishing almost a month ago. If you haven't got the money in your account to renew by the Super Saver deadline, then you probably just have to bite the bullet on £50 or whatever the difference is, and do it later when you're ready. I'm sure June's payday gave a bump to renewals.

4. The seat map was down for just shy of six days in total. I'm sure it affected sales, but if you're renewing and keeping the same seat, you don't necessarily need the seat map to pick and choose. ( @chaddyrovers, this might answer your query ) The positive is that maybe those who were waiting for the seat map to come back, rather than phone up, might now buy.

could it be people who have bought ST but wanted to moved seats or move stands. 

Do you have figures for each stand if possible? 

15 minutes ago, goozburger said:

You were pretty much bang on last summer from what I recall.

The FF meeting was just pre May payday for a lot of folk, so it was quite possible that a fair few were sold in the following days. 

Edited by Mattyblue

31 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Thanks for your efforts on this goozburger. Your posts on this stimulates much really good debate and put the likes of Waggott in his true place as a charlatan.

• Like 7

Latest on St sales

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1183052022?-11198:839

The club are approaching 8,000 sales, which is said to be ahead of the curve based upon the previous four years and day-to-day sales remain healthy.

Waggott said 859 supporters were yet to renew, while 540 had signed up for a season ticket who didn’t have the full 23-game package in 2022/23.

The club exceeded their 6,500 target in phase one, which Waggott described as the ‘best response in five years’, as around 7,000 took up the offer.

He also outlined that a third sales phase would only have been implemented should Rovers have won promotion to the Premier League.

Edited by Tugayisgod

1 hour ago, roversfan2001 said:

IIRC the Blackburn End was single seats only above about row 12 before the 'save your seat' deadline. Just look at the state of the seat map now. Hundreds of non-renewals. Waggott out.

Christ almighy,that is a really bad sign when you can virtually sit where you want in the BBE...you reap what you sow Waggott!

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Estimate

Notes

Good effort....not far off there with your estimate if the 'approaching 8k' figure is correct.

Looks like we'll see more than last year which is encouraging. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you have figures for each stand if possible? 

I can do better than that, just for you, my dear chadster. Here's each block from this morning's count (the highlighted column is the estimate for each block):

Screenshotfrom2023-06-0513-08-17.png.70051380ff724e4a905cad0e8f844a53.png

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I can do better than that, just for you, my dear chadster. Here's each block from this morning's count (the highlighted column is the estimate for each block):

Screenshotfrom2023-06-0513-08-17.png.70051380ff724e4a905cad0e8f844a53.png

Do love a good spreadsheet. Looking forward to seeing if your estimates back the 'daily sales are healthy' line from the club!

The problem is, from Waggott's point of view, that if tickets were half price, we wouldn't sell twice as many. You're then gambling that the shortfall would be made up from food sales and so on. It's his job to make money for the club, I'm not condoning it or otherwise, but that is the conundrum. 

Personally,I think the main problem is that a whole generation got into going to Rovers because they were good. In short, and to put it bluntly, if you're under 45,you probably wouldn't remember Rovers being crap. 

This isn't what that generation signed up for, it would be interesting to know the figures from the Shearer gig. How many of those going to that, don't actually go any more? 

It might tell a tale.