BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT isn't afraid of playing young players as we seen with Adam Wharton, Jake Garrett, Ash Phillips and Jack Vale this season, but what we also know and seen that JDT doesn't have his favourites and every player needs to have the right attitude in training or games otherwise you won't play under JDT. 

As you say The team comes first whoever the player is under JDT. 

That doesn't seem to be the case with Morton. That is my take on the amount of playing time Morton has been selected for.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

That doesn't seem to be the case with Morton. That is my take on the amount of playing time Morton has been selected for.

Well clearly JDT and his staff have been happy with him and his performances otherwise he wouldn't be playing. 

JDT since he was appointed here said the team comes first and he said in the first team meeting with the players. 

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well clearly JDT and his staff have been happy with him and his performances otherwise he wouldn't be playing. 

JDT since he was appointed here said the team comes first and he said in the first team meeting with the players. 

I do know what JDT has said in the past. What I am saying is that it doesn't seem to apply to Morton. If JDT and his staff are happy with Mortons performances, then I would say they are in the wrong jobs. I know as someone who pays money to watch those performances, I am not happy with Morton.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rigger said:

I do know what JDT has said in the past. What I am saying is that it doesn't seem to apply to Morton. If JDT and his staff are happy with Mortons performances, then I would say they are in the wrong jobs. I know as someone who pays money to watch those performances, I am not happy with Morton.

He hasn't much choice. The alternative is Garrett/Wharton who he may not think are as ready as Morton for Championship football. I'd suggest none of them are ready for regular football.

Buckley is a huge miss. Ferking up the LOB was potentially an even bigger miss. 

Until the summer we wee with the willy we've got. The next few weeks will tell us if that willy is big enough to get the job done. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He hasn't much choice. The alternative is Garrett/Wharton who he may not think are as ready as Morton for Championship football. I'd suggest none of them are ready for regular football.

Until the summer we wee with the willy we've got. The next few weeks will tell us if that willy is big enough to get the job done. 

In my opinion both Garrett and Adam Wharton are more use to us, in our situation, than Morton.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Ask yourself why he's not playing?

The manager knows Adam better than any of us, he's not afraid to play youngsters so there's clearly a reason.

I don't care what the manager sees in training. I've seen Morton play lots of times and he isn't good enough. He has cost us games. Wharton has done almost nothing but impress when I watch him. He should be playing.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The alternative explanation here is that JDT does, in fact, have his favourites, and that Morton is one of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JRC could play there if JDT considers Morton that bad.. he either doesn't consider him that bad, he isn't that bad, or he has some contractual agreement to play X mins. 

Rankin Costello shouldn't be moved. When he plays at right back, he also comes in to central midfield having started in his normal position (seemingly an in vogue use of full backs but one he does really well in) and also he doubles up with the winger. Brittain doesn't seem to have that same level of tactical flexibility so I think we would be taking something away from how we play.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

The alternative explanation here is that JDT does, in fact, have his favourites, and that Morton is one of them.

Not for me. He keep faith with Pears when it would be easy to bring back Kaminski, same with JRC and Brittain. 

20 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I was watching on a continually buffering stream, but even that couldn't hide the fact that much of our possession was in our own half/final third even.

71% possession? Where is Fr Merrin, when we need him?

My thoughts, I was screaming at the tv set get the ball in their half. We were passing it around at the back like we were 0-2 up at times. Overall a decent performance from Rovers, very unlucky not to get anything out of the game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rigger said:

He's back to where he was again now when he  got dropped last time and he should be dropped for the same reasons. I don't like sticking the boot in a young player but he should be a squad man nothing more.

Sadly we don't have Buckley now who would surely be starting in front of him if fit.

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't care what the manager sees in training. I've seen Morton play lots of times and he isn't good enough. He has cost us games. Wharton has done almost nothing but impress when I watch him. He should be playing.

I don't disagree, I'd prefer Wharton over Morton too. All I'm saying is it seems his exclusion isn't purely based on footballing ability.

JDT has unfortunately had his options limited due to the incompetent backroom staff failing with transfers and Buckleys injury too. Ultimately I think the failed transfer is going to be the reason our season sadly fails too.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said that Pears should keep the goalkeeping shirt after the way he performed since coming into the team. 

I think what roverstillidie meant, is that Pears form has sod all to do with Morton being picked, so why did you mention it. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me. He keep faith with Pears when it would be easy to bring back Kaminski, same with JRC and Brittain. 

That just means Kaminski and Brittain aren't favourites of his. It doesn't mean he never plays favourites ever.

48 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I don't disagree, I'd prefer Wharton over Morton too. All I'm saying is it seems his exclusion isn't purely based on footballing ability.

JDT has unfortunately had his options limited due to the incompetent backroom staff failing with transfers and Buckleys injury too. Ultimately I think the failed transfer is going to be the reason our season sadly fails too.

Then it's the wrong decision. He's the best playmaking CM we currently have and we're in a promotion fight! Any little peeves he has can wait. Making the wrong decision from limited options isn't good enough right now. In fact it should be easier.

18 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You can tell with JDT’s body language whenever he’s asked about him. That sunny disposition/perma-smirk quickly disappears.

Obviously something has/is going on. Either an actual fall out or possibly issues with his attitude etc.

Almost certainly the latter. He played fantastically well on his debut and a couple more good games and is clearly talented. JDT is best placed to make the call on whether he is really ready and can be trusted but he will almost certainly be needed this season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Almost certainly the latter. He played fantastically well on his debut and a couple more good games and is clearly talented. JDT is best placed to make the call on whether he is really ready and can be trusted but he will almost certainly be needed this season.

So we keep hearing/reading, when?

• Like 1