BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

25 shots ..zero goals....you need to score to win games ...

Positives...Breo and Dack back may give us that extra spark last eight games...we need to win against Norwich at home...will be a massive game and hopefully a big crowd!

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Half expected it to be honest, the games after the internationals are usually a bit scatty, deserved a draw at least but never mind.

Home wins would lead us to the top 6, Friday a must win. Its typical that Huddersfield click into place just before we play them too 🤦

I thought we’d lose that game irrespective of their result…even more confident of a loss now. We just need to win our homes games and we will be rite…plenty of bumps in the road to come.

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

City said they would keep the gate open as long as needed 

We were directed to a "bridge" but couldn't get through for a locked gate. I asked security if they could let us in and walk us round but after asking others they said no. One senior security chap suggested I write to the deputy mayor of Birmingham as he is close to the big club. I'll not bother, waste of time. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, norwichblue said:

Max bet is peanuts on Sky. 1.8 on Betfair Exchange. 

Good luck with that liquidity mate. Wouldn’t be anywhere near 1.8 and someone is obviously trying to tease someone in with £100.

Lay to lose at Sky Bet far higher than the £80 winnings available there at under odds  

38EEA5AF-81B7-46D5-A0FB-AE4F1D198F3D.jpeg

Edited by superniko

After travelling to hundreds of football matches over the years the journey to Birmingham today was the worst I have had after travelling four hours and actually missing around fifteen minutes at the start of the game. I must admit I questioned myself several times whilst crawling along and asked if it is worth it all. Today was a day when it wasn't worth it as we looked quite ordinary against a Birmingham team who have been struggling recently and, if we are to be promotion contenders have to beat. It wasn't the worst performance of the season by a long way but it was the worst for some time in my view. There were flashes of the bad habits which have cost us so many times this season as we over played at times and moved the ball too slowly. We were crying out for creativity but we just don't have that type of player who can create for us and make things happen. As frustrating as the day has been in the bigger picture I'm not too despondent as Tomasson has shown recently that he has enough about him to take us forward but it's important that he is backed and Broughton does his job better than he has shown so far and delivers the right players.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Yep, I’m not too disheartened, typical Rovers obviously to throw away the chance of a big cushion to 7th. But the reason we do lose games like this is because we have a pretty average/inexperienced bunch of players. 

So going into to Easter with a four point gap? Cracking place to be all things considered. 

Just the reality of the championship too, highlighted by all the other teams failing to win too (bar Luton). We were underdogs for this match today but if you asked all our fans the majority would say otherwise. 
Just the way it is playing away from home in the Championship. 

Disappointing given the opportunity that it turned out to be, yes, but Yeovil 7 or so years ago it was not.  

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

After travelling to hundreds of football matches over the years the journey to Birmingham today was the worst I have had after travelling four hours and actually missing around fifteen minutes at the start of the game. I must admit I questioned myself several times whilst crawling along and asked if it is worth it all. Today was a day when it wasn't worth it as we looked quite ordinary against a Birmingham team who have been struggling recently and, if we are to be promotion contenders have to beat. It wasn't the worst performance of the season by a long way but it was the worst for some time in my view. There were flashes of the bad habits which have cost us so many times this season as we over played at times and moved the ball too slowly. We were crying out for creativity but we just don't have that type of player who can create for us and make things happen. As frustrating as the day has been in the bigger picture I'm not too despondent as Tomasson has shown recently that he has enough about him to take us forward but it's important that he is backed and Broughton does his job better than he has shown so far and delivers the right players.

He can bring in as many players as he wants, if the administration side of the club can't perform basic tasks then there is no point.

We lacked creativity. So a Lewis O'Brien type player would have been a great help today?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigBar said:

What definition you on about? You making one up? Stop using inverted commas, I'm aware of what I said.

John Buckley 0 goals 1 assist

Tyler Morton 0 goals 2 assist

Lewis Travis 2 goals 1 assist.

We've been carried by a decent defence/ goalkeeper and good attackers. Midfield ranks last. Not good enough.

100% - only the bottom 7 and Preston have scored less. We’re so so bad at creating anything (not directed at today but the season), it’s worse when it comes to Shots, Shots on Target and the dreaded xG, so it suggests our 43 goals in 38 games is actually an overachievement (so no blaming Gallagher and co. if we’re actually converting better than expected)

JDT has earnt all our patience, respect etc etc. but I am frustrated that we’ve come out of an international break after a pathetic let down from our (on loan) CM and he has still stuck by him, whilst our most creative midfielder by a distance (who we actual own and should be developing) isn’t even making the squad. 
Really disappointed by that and hoping it hits home eventually 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Silas said:

I'm trying to be kind.

Can't fault his effort, gives his all, and you can see how much he wants it.

It's never going to happen though is it. You've either got it or you don't. 

I can fault his effort. He has none.  He has a way of making himself look like he's trying but in reality he runs a Couple of yards but then stops. I've said this before and no one sees it. In the air he never attempts to win a header. He's a lazy talentless excuse for a footballer

2 hours ago, yankfan said:

I think the 2 midfielders are asked a lot in this system, often out numbered and really forced to play deeper, win the ball and distribute wide. Goals and assists aren’t really a major part of their roles. Both centroids seem to be asked play more like a 6 than a 6 and an 8.

What are our alternatives for cm? They were poor today but so were the wingers, attackers, pretty much everyone was disappointing. Such a shame. First 20mins looked like we could be 3-0 up if anyone had any clinical quality. Just kept passing it in the box and passing it to Ruddy. Poor. Poor poor game. 

41 minutes ago, neophox said:

25 shots ..zero goals....you need to score to win games ...

Positives...Breo and Dack back may give us that extra spark last eight games...we need to win against Norwich at home...will be a massive game and hopefully a big crowd!

The crowd were the only thing good about today. Epic away fans. Shocking display with no creativity or output but our fans are the best.

Great atmosphere. Birmingham literally sounded like a library if our fans weren't chanting.

Think the players recognised this too and came over to applaud at the end but the security staff ushered them to the opposite end of the pitch to the tunnel. 

28 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I can fault his effort. He has none.  He has a way of making himself look like he's trying but in reality he runs a Couple of yards but then stops. I've said this before and no one sees it. In the air he never attempts to win a header. He's a lazy talentless excuse for a footballer

I know you are on to exaggerate and I am not Gallagher's biggest fan but to suggest that he puts in no effort and is lazy is simply untrue. He also does try and win headers and sometimes does albeit usually poorly directed.

• Like 1

I have just seen the goal back and there is a real weakness there which has seen us concede three goal in the last two games. We are so slow getting out to challenge players outside the penalty area and giving them time to control the ball, take a touch or two and shoot. In fact Travis, the nearest player to Khadra today turns his back on the shot. Hopefully Tomasson recognises this too and addresses it.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

The crowd were the only thing good about today. Epic away fans.

I've been following your posts over the past month or so, I hope you had a good day despite the result and met some of the travelling hordes. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know you are on to exaggerate and I am not Gallagher's biggest fan but to suggest that he puts in no effort and is lazy is simply untrue. He also does try and win headers and sometimes does albeit usually poorly directed.

Just watch him next game

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

I've been following your posts over the past month or so, I hope you had a good day despite the result and met some of the travelling hordes. 

Hi mate. Cheers. The fans made the day. So good to watch Rovers live with our fans but shame we couldn't put some chances away.  I get that this is a project and it will take time for it all to click. Hope Broughton can really support JDT this summer. JDTs interviews seem quite genuine and he analysed today's game well as per. Just need some better players..I wonder if Morton has contractual obligations to play X mins? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Hi mate. Cheers. The fans made the day. So good to watch Rovers live with our fans but shame we couldn't put some chances away.  I get that this is a project and it will take time for it all to click. Hope Broughton can really support JDT this summer. JDTs interviews seem quite genuine and he analysed today's game well as per. Just need some better players..I wonder if Morton has contractual obligations to play X mins? 

I heard that it was £10,000 off his loan fee of about £300,000 for every appearance.

Might be nonsense,  but plausible I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

I heard that it was £10,000 off his loan fee of about £300,000 for every appearance.

Appearance or minutes? He seems to play a lot more minutes than he has quality/ability this season..

Also wonder if the Liverpool agreements were part of the old regime or whether we will get another loanee next season 

7 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

100% not true.

There is no financial obligation for us to play Morton.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

It might be true, but I'd doubt that it swayed any selection decision when the owners are turning down millions for players that are going to leave for nothing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Poor from the manager for the second week running for me - if you're starting Gallagher and leaving your most effective striker on the bench you're not really that interested in winning the game or making the play offs in my book.

Dumped out of the Cup last week after winning with 10 mins to go, beaten today, this has all the hallmarks of another spectacular collapse/bottle job at the business end to put alongside the one that happened over a longer period last season

Lose at home to Norwich and at a revitalised Hudds and the playoffs are gone. No hope of redemption in the last 3 matches. Looking like a repeat of last season's Easter surrender at Pboro and home to Stke.

• Like 1