BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

It's glaringly obvious. That midfield is the weakest area of the pitch but you are more interested in childish grudges to actually want a civil debate. Always make it your business to try pick holes in people's comments who have somehow upset you with their views. BBD, Gally, Dolan and SS have all stepped up at times this season. Buckley and Morton and Trav to an extent have had very poor seasons. It's the core of your team and they have been bullied more often than not.

The forward line is the weakest area of the pitch. If we had a proper #9 we'd be pushing for automatic promotion (albeit I still think we'd fall short as it's not a great squad). 

Dolan / Hedges / Thomas / Brereton-Diaz in the wide areas is fine, but there's very few match winners there that the opposition is scared of. 

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Dumped out of the Cup last week after winning with 10 mins to go, beaten today, this has all the hallmarks of another spectacular collapse/bottle job at the business end to put alongside the one that happened over a longer period last season

I do worry about bottle from here on in. We know Gally and Brereton have been part of sides that have faded. Attacking-wise, we need Szmodics and Thomas to keep up the form they have showed over the last few months. Both were poor today. We will find out a lot about character over the next fortnight in games we should perform well in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Had the Undav deal not fallen through, I have imagine we’d be pushing for top2 

I don't think our squad is anywhere near strong enough to be pushing for top 2.

It certainly would've helped sustain a Play Off push.

Getting in the Play Offs would be an over achievement with what we have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Poor from the manager for the second week running for me - if you're starting Gallagher and leaving your most effective striker on the bench you're not really that interested in winning the game or making the play offs in my book.

Dumped out of the Cup last week after winning with 10 mins to go, beaten today, this has all the hallmarks of another spectacular collapse/bottle job at the business end to put alongside the one that happened over a longer period last season

Sounds like you’re willing it to happen. Despite todays result, we still have a great chance and so best to remain positive, hopefully the players don’t share your thoughts 😡

• Like 5

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

The forward line is the weakest area of the pitch. If we had a proper #9 we'd be pushing for automatic promotion (albeit I still think we'd fall short as it's not a great squad). 

Dolan / Hedges / Thomas / Brereton-Diaz in the wide areas is fine, but there's very few match winners there that the opposition is scared of. 

Nailed it, and why we tried to sign 2 quality strikers in January. It's clear the weakest area of the pitch is the top end. 

We're 14th for goals scored. We've scored the same as Brum who are 16th in the league. 

disappointed result despite created a number of good opportunities and controlled the possession by the stats. 

We all know they will be ups and downs in the next 8 games. Lets go again and beat Norwich on Good Friday now. 

Carter, Pears and JRC seems the stand out players judging by Andy Bayes and Kevin Gallagher commentary. 

Other results went for us but Rovers have to do this. 

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why do you trust Broughton to bring in 2 decent strikers in the summer? He hasn't brought in a single decent one in his first two windows.

You have been not been keen on Broughton since he appointed despite him actually doing a good job so far in terms of appointed JDT, players signing new contracts and making a number of good signings like Hyam, Szmodics and Brittain. Yes some signings have been poor like Mola and Hirst

3 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I don't think our squad is anywhere near strong enough to be pushing for top 2.

It certainly would've helped sustain a Play Off push.

Getting in the Play Offs would be an over achievement with what we have.

Play offs would be a real achievement. I think we as fans have a real role to play in getting us there, we need to turn up and really get behind them at Ewood in the remaining fixtures and pray we do it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'll leave you alone. You always make it personal. You can't cope with debate. 

Have a good evening.  

Just took my words and rephrased it👍 you don't like it when your attempt to antagonise fails so you retreat. Very predictable. Enjoy your evening Sweaty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Nailed it, and why we tried to sign 2 quality strikers in January. It's clear the weakest area of the pitch is the top end. 

We're 14th for goals scored. We've scored the same as Brum who are 16th in the league. 

Undav and Ibrahima Koné?

• Backroom

So painful watching Gallagher on a football pitch.

He must have run over about 42 black cats. It's like the ball avoids him.

If he's front post, ball end up at the back. And visa versa.

If he comes short for ball to feet, someone's lobbing a through ball over the top. He makes a run in the channels, it goes short.

These are bad traits to have for a top level, skillful player. Coupled with his mediocre footballing takent, it's an absolute disaster.

We need better up there to have any chance of turning losses into draws, and draws into wins. 

And it's been a problem since forever. Infuriating. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Would much rather have to play a forward line of BBD, Gally and Dolan than a midfield pairing of Buckley and Morton. If I was to strengthen any area it would be a no brainer for me.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

disappointed result despite created a number of good opportunities and controlled the possession by the stats. 

We all know they will be ups and downs in the next 8 games. Lets go again and beat Norwich on Good Friday now. 

Carter, Pears and JRC seems the stand out players judging by Andy Bayes and Kevin Gallagher commentary. 

Other results went for us but Rovers have to do this. 

You have been not been keen on Broughton since he appointed despite him actually doing a good job so far in terms of appointed JDT, players signing new contracts and making a number of good signings like Hyam, Szmodics and Brittain. Yes some signings have been poor like Mola and Hirst

Can Brittain be considered a good signing? I am not sure it has worked out very well at the moment. I also don't get why he was brought on in the last 2 games. 

File that signing under average so far. In and out, often unavailable and not in our best 11. He has something about him but still.

Not many good opportunities at all for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Undav and Ibrahima Koné?

Yes. We clearly bid for both but Undav turned us down at the last minute and Kone was apparently too expensive on the wages front. Maybe we'll go back in for 1 or both in the summer? We lack quality up top, that much is clear. It is letting the side down. Gally works hard but just has no natural strikers instinct. 

2 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Play offs would be a real achievement. I think we as fans have a real role to play in getting us there, we need to turn up and really get behind them at Ewood in the remaining fixtures and pray we do it.

I don't think the home games will be the snag. Lower middling teams, (eg Brum), are exactly who you want to be playing at the business end of the season, and today is a very poor result.

As others have said, we really need to show more resilience after going behind.

Got lucky with the results today, so need to capitalise on that.

12 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I think the 2 midfielders are asked a lot in this system, often out numbered and really forced to play deeper, win the ball and distribute wide. Goals and assists aren’t really a major part of their roles. Both centroids seem to be asked play more like a 6 than a 6 and an 8. 

Not like they have excelled in that area either. You could excuse the goals and assist contribution if the other parts of their game were thriving and performing. Fact is they haven't. People have short memories. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I think the 2 midfielders are asked a lot in this system, often out numbered and really forced to play deeper, win the ball and distribute wide. Goals and assists aren’t really a major part of their roles. Both centroids seem to be asked play more like a 6 than a 6 and an 8. 

Exactly fella. It's clear to see they have a very specific role. Judging them on goals/assists shows a lack of understanding of the system we play.

Travis has been excellent recently too, and Buckley was returning to the top tier Championship footballer we know he is before his cruel injury. It shows their quality that they play a difficult position so well. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Can Brittain be considered a good signing? I am not sure it has worked out very well at the moment. I also don't get why he was brought on in the last 2 games. 

File that signing under average so far. In and out, often unavailable and not in our best 11. He has something about him but still.

Not many good opportunities at all for us.

He's an excellent signing, he's just currently been supplanted by a player in the form of his life. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It’s not down to luck.

I'm trying to be kind.

Can't fault his effort, gives his all, and you can see how much he wants it.

It's never going to happen though is it. You've either got it or you don't. 

8 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I don't think the home games will be the snag. Lower middling teams, (eg Brum), are exactly who you want to be playing at the business end of the season, and today is a very poor result.

As others have said, we really need to show more resilience after going behind.

Got lucky with the results today, so need to capitalise on that.

Maybe, but we all know the games like today are the ones that we invariably struggle with.