BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

We won’t beat Cov at home? Why?

The same reason as last year when they beat us at their place at this stage of the season. They’ve got a midfield that can fight and a striker that only needs one chance. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

And Ayala, and Dack…

We won’t beat Coventry, Preston, Burnley, PNE or Millwall. We’ve got statistically the hardest run in, in the league. Needed to beat Birmingham and Huddersfield to have any hope. 

I think we can get something from all of those games and would happily take us going into the last game still having our destiny in our own hands.

We do tend to take points when we are not expected to and vice versa. I think we will beat Hull and Coventry at home (opposite to what I have just said I know) but also think we will win PNE at their place. That would leave us in with a chance V Millwall in the last game, even if we lose the derby and draw against Luton.

I still think we are in with a decent shout.

Edited by lraC

BBD is a real conundrum he has been way below par for a good few games, faffs around with the ball, gives silly fouls away and cannot find the killer pass or shot - his mind is clearly elsewhere and for me he should be benched. Really chuffed for young Leonard and JRC had a really good effective game - I recall the last time he played at Huddersfield he was absolutely atrocious that game ! Morton was much better whilst I thought Dolan could have done so much more especially in the first half. We now move on to next Saturday and Hull at home - it may be a very pivotal game with everyone else having played earlier in the day ! I believe our hopes for a top 6 slot are over for this season there is too much to do and it looks like our neighbours will have the last nail in our seasons coffin🤬

21 minutes ago, J*B said:

The same reason as last year when they beat us at their place at this stage of the season. They’ve got a midfield that can fight and a striker that only needs one chance. 

For a start it’s at home. And they are looking like they’ll be out the picture by then.

Very defeatist to say we ‘won’t’ beat a team at Ewood who may have nowt to play for and who could well be sitting in about 12th.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

BBD is a real conundrum he has been way below par for a good few games, faffs around with the ball, gives silly fouls away and cannot find the killer pass or shot - his mind is clearly elsewhere and for me he should be benched. Really chuffed for young Leonard and JRC had a really good effective game - I recall the last time he played at Huddersfield he was absolutely atrocious that game ! Morton was much better whilst I thought Dolan could have done so much more especially in the first half. We now move on to next Saturday and Hull at home - it may be a very pivotal game with everyone else having played earlier in the day ! I believe our hopes for a top 6 slot are over for this season there is too much to do and it looks like our neighbours will have the last nail in our seasons coffin🤬

We could well have the added incentive of a win putting us back in the top 6. With 5 games to go for us and 4 for some of our rivals, I would settle for that all day long.

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Its such an easy, lazy assumption to suggest that Brereton's mind is elsewhere. His demeanour doesn't suggest that, hence his frustration a few times with soft free kicks that went against him. He was as involved as any of the front 3, you can criticise his decision making/end product but he didn't play like a player who didn't want to be here.

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

And Ayala, and Dack…

We won’t beat Coventry, Preston, Burnley, PNE or Millwall. We’ve got statistically the hardest run in, in the league. Needed to beat Birmingham and Huddersfield to have any hope. 

Enough of them, perhaps, but totally writing off our chances of winning ANY of them? 

• Like 1

For the most part a good performance today but disappointing to not win the game. Hudderfield were very poor but let's not forget they beat Middlesbrough and Watford recently. The game would probably have looked a lot different had they not gotten the two early goals. I hope the way that we played and the comeback gives the squad a boost for the crucial upcoming games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

To be fair JRC was partly so effective as he had a completely free role, and Carter was asked to cover the entire right side on his own. If we put Brittain in at RB and move JRC into the middle I doubt he could really play the same way. JRC would be expected more to offer a deeper option in midfield.

For what it's worth I'd stick with the same team against Hull but drop BBD for Thomas and start Leonard.  Also I imagine Kaminski will come back in. 

Kaminski

JRC        Carter     Hyam      Pickering

Travis       Morton    Wharton

Thomas    Leonard    Szmodics

Its a big call though to leave both BBD and Gallagher out.

Still think we are going to concede every game at the moment the way we play. Though it is refreshing to see an real attack first philosophy.

His free role works but it also can backfire a bit. He was way out of position for Norwich's second, which pulled other defenders over leaving huge gaps which Norwich gratefully ran into.

I agree he might not be as effective if moved but most of his good work comes in the final 3rd and he's not a natural full back.

I'd deffo like to see him given a chance in an attacking role.

• Like 1

Next weekends fixtures are very interesting. Norwich go to Boro on Friday night and Preston travel to Millwall. By the time we play, we will know the outcome of these games, so it could be another very big weekend.

• Like 2

We’ve been unpredictable all season. Had horrific runs of poor returns when we’d have expected to take points, and had spells of form that were way beyond what we thought possible. We just need another one of those spells with shockingly good performances/results over the next few games.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, J*B said:
27 minutes ago, J*B said:

And Ayala, and Dack…

apart from that though…

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, goozburger said:

No. No. No.

Don't break what doesn't need fixing. JRC has been playing well there for months, now, which is no fluke. Leave that bit as it is.

You say it doesn't need fixing but we've only won one in the last five. I think Brittain is a better defender but JRC the better attacker. I'd still keep JRC on the same side but give him the free role he seems to have now. If Sorba isn't playing.

1 minute ago, booth said:

You say it doesn't need fixing but we've only won one in the last five. I think Brittain is a better defender but JRC the better attacker. I'd still keep JRC on the same side but give him the free role he seems to have now. If Sorba isn't playing.

This was our best performance for a long time. It was only a draw in the end, but on the balance of play, we should have won. JRC was instrumental in both our goals, and not at fault for any conceded. JRC just plays the wing-back role to perfection. Brittain has had bad luck with injuries, but I'm not sure what he's done in his cameo performances to warrant upsettling JRC. He's been good for months, not days or weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

This was our best performance for a long time. It was only a draw in the end, but on the balance of play, we should have won. JRC was instrumental in both our goals, and not at fault for any conceded. JRC just plays the wing-back role to perfection. Brittain has had bad luck with injuries, but I'm not sure what he's done in his cameo performances to warrant upsettling JRC. He's been good for months, not days or weeks.

You wouldn't have thought so with the reactions on here.