BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

10 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I don’t see a goal in the side though! BBD has to play if fit for that reason.

League goals from that side (to do with what you will):

Pickering - 1

Hyam - 1

JRC - 1

Travis - 2

A. Wharton - 1

Dolan - 4 (in 34, also 6 assists)

Szmodics - 4 (in 28, with 1 assist)

Thomas - 0 (in 11 for us, 23 for Hudds, with 7 assists in total for both)

So 14 goals (anyone not included hasn't scored, and I only put appearances and assists for the front line as you don't expect goals often from elsewhere so the ratio is less relevant). Brereton has 12 on his own, plus 4 assists. So personally I'd have to agree, not enough goals in the suggested lineup. Even though a lot of Dolan's were sub appearances and he has a reasonable total for direct goals contributions (10 to BBD's 16), we need to be including our player with the best record of putting the ball in the net. He's done it nearly as much as that whole team combined.

1 hour ago, yankfan said:

Agree 100%...it's not his fault but it doen't change the fact that he's currently not a good fit with our side.  It's a shame really as Gally looks like the type of guy that could bang in some crosses...but he is not. 

He couldn't bang birds in a brothel 

• Like 1

Just now, Ossydave said:

Suspect someone is looking at Tuesday or Wednesdays fixtures 🤣

I was just looking at the Championship fixtures on livescore.com, expecting it would just show the next round of games, but yeh it immediately showed the next ones too with no break, so yeh I missed it. Oops! I assume it's a sky thing then if it's just us.

Looks like our next 5 games can all be seen on Sky in one way or another! One only on Sky Arena though, no idea what that is, don't have Sky.

Insane. I'm sure we had a whole season not long ago where we only had about that many on Sky through the whole season! I can only conclude Sky know how bad we are in front of the cameras and want to ensure we don't go up with our small fanbase 😉

• Like 1

I'd like to see Harry Leonard working with Sorba Thomas. If he gets some clear chances I think he will convert them. If we stick with BBD we have to wait till he creates his own opportunity (can be marked out of a game) or Dolan (too much trickery when direct play and goal attempts are preferable) then we risk losing momentum. With the whole division looking to us for an indication of intent, I'm pretty sure the nerves will be on display. We could do with a Boro v Norwich like performance  this evening, to cement our position, create momentum and confidence and to give the faithful some return on their emotional investment in this roller-coaster season.

COYB! Let's be aving you!

53 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I'd like to see Harry Leonard working with Sorba Thomas. If he gets some clear chances I think he will convert them. If we stick with BBD we have to wait till he creates his own opportunity (can be marked out of a game) or Dolan (too much trickery when direct play and goal attempts are preferable) then we risk losing momentum. With the whole division looking to us for an indication of intent, I'm pretty sure the nerves will be on display. We could do with a Boro v Norwich like performance  this evening, to cement our position, create momentum and confidence and to give the faithful some return on their emotional investment in this roller-coaster season.

Just seen Boro v Norwich highlights 

How did we lose to such a poor Norwich side! 

Anything can happen.. come on rovers!

24 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Just seen Boro v Norwich highlights 

How did we lose to such a poor Norwich side! 

Anything can happen.. come on rovers!

That's why Norwich are where they in the league table despite the squad cost and wages. Plus parachute payments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Keeper rooted the line 🤣

Enjoy the racing today pal 👍

Did you see the lad break right through the middle.?  Nobody there.  Keeper didn't help but crikey , no cover in the middle. Like the parting of the Red Sea.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Did you see the lad break right through the middle.?  Nobody there.  Keeper didn't help but crikey , no cover in the middle. Like the parting of the Red Sea.

Its a sign Sparks:

The Big Breakaway 40/1 - 17:15 Aintree

Jky: Brendan Powell (-lb) Tnr: Joe Tizzard

3 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I think it's 16 goals and 10 assists from those two. I'd consider benching one, but not both.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Inferi said:

Hoping for the return of Kaminski tomorrow! I don't think Pears recent performances have been good enough to keep Kaminski out of the side. 

He's one of the reasons for our recent slump, that and some bad luck. Boro beat Norwich 5-1 last night, if Millwall can beat Preston and we win, we can put a bit of daylight between us and 7th place.

Leonard is surely in the squad today - not been named in the U21s for their crunch game with Tottenham. The only 'first teamers' in the U21 squad are Phillips, Edun and Mola. Good luck to the youngsters, lose this and they're probably getting relegated, but of course the promotion chase has to come first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I think it's 16 goals and 10 assists from those two. I'd consider benching one, but not both.

Leonard looked the business the moment he came on against Huddersfield, and almost scored on his debut if it wasn't for the keeper getting a hand to it. Thomas and Dolan are a must for me, they make things happen down the wings.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Leonard looked the business the moment he came on against Huddersfield, and almost scored on his debut if it wasn't for the keeper getting a hand to it. Thomas and Dolan are a must for me, they make things happen down the wings.

Watched a re-run of the Hudds game on the Rovers site and agreed about HL. He looks a player.

The problem with Dolan is end product -  he gets in so many good positions due to his movement but either plays a poor ball, over elaborates on the dribble, or just makes the wrong decision.