BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

I reckon we wont make the playoffs now personally so have emotionally given up on it and will just enjoy watching the team develop and improve (and with JRC, Wharton, Dolan, Carter etc there is quite a lot of mileage in that). If we do make it it will be a nice surprise.

Id play Morton, Wharton and Travis as the midfield three. And give Leonard a start to see how he does and send a message to Gallagher and BBD.

Kaminski

JRC.      Carter.   Hyam.   Pickering

Travis.   Morton.   Wharton.

Thomas.  Leonard.  Szmodics.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Without him roaming we wouldn't have scored two at Hudds. Risk v Reward. Unless he was at fault for both goals in the same match then he's in credit at RB. 

Also, if he played in CM, for example, he would probably have more players round him and less freedom to create. FB's are rarely tightly marked, hence why they are so important these days as creative forces.

It seems bizarre to me to move your best player from the position he is playing in. 

I agree..he did well in the last game against Huddersfield and Carter did a good job at covering when required (very few times in second half) I really rate JRC but I also am agreeing with the point above.

If he isn't being adequately covered when he roams he leaves a gaping gap which was exploited at Norwich 

38 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Without him roaming we wouldn't have scored two at Hudds. Risk v Reward. Unless he was at fault for both goals in the same match then he's in credit at RB. 

Also, if he played in CM, for example, he would probably have more players round him and less freedom to create. FB's are rarely tightly marked, hence why they are so important these days as creative forces.

It seems bizarre to me to move your best player from the position he is playing in. 

When we're looking so vulnerable at the back, it's not that bizarre.

Part of the problem is when the players take too many passes in the final third, then lose it and the opposition counters. It works fine when we got at them with pace as long as it ends in a shot and the ability to regroup.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, booth said:

If Pears is to be dropped then so does Carter. He was abysmal in the first half against Hudds.

The main person dropped should be Morton for Wharton though. What Morton was doing for their second goal I'll never understand - it was straight out of the book of Keith Andrews. Standing there jogging and watching as a ball flies across the box. He's a total liability.

If Carter and Morton had their heads screwed on we'd have two extra points.

Maybe your right, maybe it should be a straight swap - Carter out wharton in 

3 hours ago, booth said:

When we're looking so vulnerable at the back, it's not that bizarre.

Part of the problem is when the players take too many passes in the final third, then lose it and the opposition counters. It works fine when we got at them with pace as long as it ends in a shot and the ability to regroup.

Yeh what is with all those extra touches. Dolan especially

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Pears needs to be dropped for 2 reasons:

Kaminski is a better keeper

His performances have dropped off after his initial very impressive form.

3: if we drop him now someone will pay semi-decent money in the transfer window for him

• Like 3

5 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I reckon we wont make the playoffs now personally so have emotionally given up on it and will just enjoy watching the team develop and improve (and with JRC, Wharton, Dolan, Carter etc there is quite a lot of mileage in that). If we do make it it will be a nice surprise.

Id play Morton, Wharton and Travis as the midfield three. And give Leonard a start to see how he does and send a message to Gallagher and BBD.

Kaminski

JRC.      Carter.   Hyam.   Pickering

Travis.   Morton.   Wharton.

Thomas.  Leonard.  Szmodics.

I honestly don't see why we can't make the playoffs.

We have had a couple of bad results and poor performances Vs Brum and Norwich but on Monday 2 soft goals conceded aside we looked very good and Huddersfield were on the back of winning their last 3 including beating Boro 4-2 in the previous game. 

None of the chasing pack and even the other clubs in the top 6 Luton aside are winning every week.

The next 2 games are huge.This weekend for example Boro play Norwich and Preston face Millwall a win at home v Hull and we could have a 3 points cushion again with an extra game to play. 

On paper our run in looks slightly tougher than the others but still we have the second best home record and on our day and give anyone in the league a game. 

I just couldn't agree with your mentality at the minute.Imo the same attacking intent as shown v Huddersfield and pre international break in our next 2 winnable home matches and we will get the 6 points

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

3: if we drop him now someone will pay semi-decent money in the transfer window for him

That shouldn't be even a slight consideration in team selections.

We are 6th in the league, the focus is on these games which are critically important. The best 11 should be selected, be they players on long contracts, players who are about to be out of contract, loanees, players we envisage selling, whatever.

I can't fathom why this would be even slightly in anyones thinking, even allowing for the bizarre idea that our chances are already gone even though we sit 6th!

Any bids for Pears will be minimal anyway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Ken Knighton and Allan Hunter were signed that summer IIRC. Two superb players who would walk into the current team. How did we manage without a “director of football”? 

My pal who is a 70+ year old Ipswich man, all time favourite player. I always get great satisfaction reminding him where he was schooled 😊

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, J*B said:

That's Mowbray style talk and it should have all but left for the North East with him.

Hopefully he might fancy a million pound punt but in all seriousness how much do you expect somebody like Pears to command ?

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Or Aaron Collins or Jonson Clarke Harris... been touting them both all season, both in running for players of season

Me too re: JRH. I remember seeing him play for Rotherham and liked him. A real Unit who CH’s won’t fancy coming up against and scored plenty for the Posh over a few seasons now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

There are some squeaky bums out there now - a lot of emotional bargaining taking place as people try to convince themselves that they are prepared for the fall out from not reaching the play-offs again. 😁

'It's all about next season' etc etc

Bollocks. This is our chance. There no reason we can't do it. 

Grow a pair, then strap another pair on. This shit's gonna get messy!

My flags been nailed to the mast for a long time now and it says:

”There’s no chance of us finishing in the top six and even if we did it would be worthless because we wouldn’t beat third, fourth or fifth. The squad isn’t strong enough but JDT is capable of creating a promotion capable squad.”

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

My pal who is a 70+ year old Ipswich man, all time favourite player. I always get great satisfaction reminding him where he was schooled 😊

My pal, Alan, with big Alan Hunter. At Portman Road before the unveiling of the Kevin Beattie statue, 18/12/21.

3C21E478-4476-4D97-89C3-8E6834821DC1.png

39 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

My uncle is a Ipswich fan, Blackburn born but army postings etc meant he ended up an Ipswich fan and his kids too, my cousins. He's called Alan and is likely to be in his 70s, strange world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

I honestly don't see why we can't make the playoffs.

I just couldn't agree with your mentality at the minute.Imo the same attacking intent as shown v Huddersfield and pre international break in our next 2 winnable home matches and we will get the 6 points

He doesn’t say that we can’t. He just believes we won’t, which I think is where many of us are.

No-one is saying it’s not possible.

58 minutes ago, J*B said:

”There’s no chance of us finishing in the top six and even if we did it would be worthless because we wouldn’t beat third, fourth or fifth. The squad isn’t strong enough but JDT is capable of creating a promotion capable squad.”

Sounds like a big flag

1 hour ago, J*B said:

We have beaten Boro and Millwall this season, once you get in there you never know.

Even so, it would be a huge psychological breakthrough to get into the top 6.

What can he create that is significantly better than what we have, where is the money coming from?

I just can't fathom your attitude towards it, as if we are a minnow. We are 6th in the league, in a play off place. If you said probably not, then fine. But "no chance?" 

• Like 3