BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

Kaminski

Jrc - Carter - Hyam - Pickering 

Travis - Morton - Wharton

Sorba - Leonard- Szmodics 

My only other considerations would be JRC in midfield for Morton and as poor as I think he's been, leaving Diaz out would be a big call. 

Really hoping Leonard starts. Give him a chance because the other options are poor and he showed promise. 

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Kaminski

My only other considerations would be JRC in midfield for Morton and as poor as I think he's been, leaving Diaz out would be a big call. 

Really hoping Leonard starts. Give him a chance because the other options are poor and he showed promise. 

I'd keep Diaz in, he improved as the game progressed and did some of those powerful crossfield runs. Also he just might catch the JRC bug and give it full crack, he's still one of our real goal threats.

Home v Hull is the best opportunity to give Leonard a start, but I think JDT will use him from the bench.

I wouldn't be against your starting line up though for this game.

• Like 1

I see little value in moving JRC from his position right now after his recent displays. If he can muster up 8 shots a game from right-back then so be it.

4-3-3 proving to be really useful for Morton and Wharton I think, suits them better. Szmodics is a strong performer and I'd like to see him in the midfield three to allow a forward pack of Dolan, Diaz and Leonard. Kaminski back in goal for me. The mishap/miscomms that lead to the corner for the first goal at Hudds between Pears and Carter I just don't see happening with Kaminski in goal. Time to bring back our real number one. Can't not start Adam Wharton. Played well away at Hull earlier in the season and bossed it vs Hudds on Monday.

Kaminski

JRC
Carter
Hyam
Pickering

Szmodics
Morton
Wharton

Dolan
Leonard
Brereton Díaz

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I see little value in moving JRC from his position right now after his recent displays. If he can muster up 8 shots a game from right-back then so be it.

4-3-3 proving to be really useful for Morton and Wharton I think, suits them better. Szmodics is a strong performer and I'd like to see him in the midfield three to allow a forward pack of Dolan, Diaz and Leonard. Kaminski back in goal for me. The mishap/miscomms that lead to the corner for the first goal at Hudds between Pears and Carter I just don't see happening with Kaminski in goal. Time to bring back our real number one. Can't not start Adam Wharton. Played well away at Hull earlier in the season and bossed it vs Hudds on Monday.

Kaminski

JRC
Carter
Hyam
Pickering

Szmodics
Morton
Wharton

Dolan
Leonard
Brereton Díaz

Agree with most of that but Szmodics is a 10...he's not a CM. 

I like the 3 man midfield though. For a possession based team it makes sense to have the extra man in midfield.

Wharton-Travis-Buckley would be an good midfield IMO for next season. 

• Like 2

I think now is the time to bring Kaminski in if we have designs on doing it this season rather than next. A little harsh on Pears who hasn't exactly been gaffe prone, but you can't say that he has been perfect over recent games either, and Huddersfield's first goal was a mistake that Kaminski probably wouldn't have made, as Joe says.

Doing so would send a signal to Pears that he is still being judged as a no. 2 keeper though, and so I wouldn't blame him for taking that as a cue for looking for another club in the summer. Ideally I'd like to keep him as good quality back up, but I can't see him being happy to accept that now that he's shown that he can play regularly at this level. 

On the game itself, I'd back us to pick up the three points. Their win against Millwall was a bit smash and grab judging by reports, and they don't have any fit strikers. Going for our luck to turn in a 3-0 win. 

• Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic
23 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Three in the middle. Providing we have three to go in the middle that is

Three from, Adam Wharton, Travis, Garrett, Morton. The one who doesn't get picked, is on the bench.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

Flaws aside, let's attack.

I think it's hasty putting Leonard in the thick of it from the off. Welcome Kaminski back though, Travis is optional with both Hedges or Brittain preferred somewhere mind. 

Kaminski

Hyam SWharton Carter 

Travis      Morton 

Thomas JRC Szmodics Brereton 

Dolan/Gallagher 

Edited by Tricky

5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

I think it's hasty putting Leonard in the thick of it from the off. Welcome Kaminski back though, Travis is optional with both Hedges or Brittain preferred somewhere mind. 

Kaminski

Hyam SWharton Carter 

Travis      Morton 

Dolan/Gallagher 

Mental A Wharton, our best passer, isn’t in that team. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Kaminski

Hyam SWharton Carter 

Travis      Morton 

Dolan/Gallagher 

A two man defensive midfield that has failed dismally in the past. Four man attacking midfield, Why ? No full-backs or wing-backs. I will agree with the keeper.

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

Kaminski

Hyam SWharton Carter 

Travis      Morton 

Dolan/Gallagher 

We would be slaughtered I'm afraid. We would attack alright but there would be massive gaps at the back.You've only got 5    

defensive players on the field and one of those is Morton who doesn't offer enough defensively.

We'd be picked off.

13 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Kaminski

I'd go Brittain for JRC, JRC for Morton.

I would rest Diaz with a view to bringing him on if Leonard isn't cutting it. Ben is putting 100% effort in as always but its without the ball. Its a while since he produced.

• Like 2

Don’t understand the desire for JRC in midfield. The reason he‘s so effective is that the opposition don’t know what to do with a free roaming right back. Why change it when it’s working so well? Leonard from the start is also a big call. Much prefer starting Dolan and bringing Leonard on towards the end.

• Like 5

I always like reading that"who's played for both clubs" segment on the front page. There's always a load that I forget, some I had no idea on and others is not heard of. Frank Stapleton played for Huddersfield. Who knew?

So, Hull. There's Bob dewhurst, David mail. That's all I can think of 🤣

• Backroom
1 hour ago, broadsword said:

I always like reading that"who's played for both clubs" segment on the front page. There's always a load that I forget, some I had no idea on and others is not heard of. Frank Stapleton played for Huddersfield. Who knew?

So, Hull. There's Bob dewhurst, David mail. That's all I can think of 🤣

Todd Kane

Tom Cairney

Corry Evans 

Edited by Mike E

Would like to see us go with this;

image.png.07a23a0edd89747bab3b0e6f38c3cf2d.png

Time for Kami to come back in, and Scotty in for Carter who's dipped a bit lately. Would like to see Leonard start too, a fearless and hungry natural striker is exactly what this squad has been missing for a while.

I'm not very confident for this game though tbh - getting a 'final nail in the coffin' feeling, for some reason. Feeling like it could be a 0-1 Hull.

Hope that isn't the case though of course, come on Rovers!

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

Pears needs to be dropped as he’s letting in soft goals now, BBD needs to be as he’s not a shadow of what he is when focused and up for it, I would also freshen it up in midfield with JRC, he’s everywhere and on his game. Would start leanord as he is better than gally atm and at least has attacking instinct. 

this is a must win, these back to back home games are the true deciders for the season, we need 6 points to go into the final 4 (tough tough games) hopefully millwalls strong home form pays the dividens against knobbers leaving a 3 point gap and hopefully Swansea get something against them leaving our game a week on Saturday against them a chance to kick them out of the play off race for the season going into our game in hand with the unwashed. 

this is massive now, this run in coding be much harder, we need to be fully focused and up for a good battle, no room for little boys 

Kamimski 

Brittain   Carter.   Hyam   Pickering 

JRC.   Travis 

Scmodics

Thomas         Leanord.    Dolan