BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

11 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

The number of times I stumbled over that step!! 🤦‍♂️

It used to disappear after about 6 pints. I think someone was putting something in the beer that affected my eyes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Hull City let goals in but score at the other end.

Being without Estupian and Connolly hopefully will blunt them a little.

Longman left the action in the 89th minute on Easter Monday with a dead leg, but Rosenior expects the ex-Brighton winger to recover in the coming days.

"It's a dead leg, and hopefully he's available for Saturday because he's our last option available as a centre-forward," Rosenior told Hull Liv

"At the moment, Oscar and Aaron won't be available for Saturday - they're not far away but they won't be available for Saturday. He's (Connolly) back running, he's not in full training. We've had to slow down his progress, there's nothing major to worry about but I am not risking any player at this stages

sounds like they have some serious injuries going on. We need to capitalise 

e.e.age.

40 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Longman left the action in the 89th minute on Easter Monday with a dead leg, but Rosenior expects the ex-Brighton winger to recover in the coming days.

"It's a dead leg, and hopefully he's available for Saturday because he's our last option available as a centre-forward," Rosenior told Hull Liv

"At the moment, Oscar and Aaron won't be available for Saturday - they're not far away but they won't be available for Saturday. He's (Connolly) back running, he's not in full training. We've had to slow down his progress, there's nothing major to worry about but I am not risking any player at this stages

sounds like they have some serious injuries going on. We need to capitalise 

e.e.age.

Norwich ended up with no starting centre halves on the pitch apparently and yet we still didn’t capitalise.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Pears

JRC   Carter   Hyam   Pickering

Travis    Morton    Wharton

Thomas  Szmodics Brereton

That’s more like it, but I might have Dolan in instead of Szmodics. I think the 3 in midfield is essential.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Was this around the same time that some of the ladies started to look a bit more appealing… 

It is exactly that time. Someone used to put something else in the beer too, that made me addicted to curry. I ate loads of them and always vowed not to ever again, the day after.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Would be harsh to drop Szmodics I think.

Also in a front 3 with a midfield with minimal goal threat, I feel like Thomas doesn't offer much goal threat himself. More suited to getting up and down in a 4231 with someone playing off the front man.

Szmodics has goals in him given the chance.

• Like 1

A lot of difference of opinions in line ups in this thread. I’m not sure what I even think the strongest line up is myself.

I’d like Brittain back in but I wouldn’t shift JRC considering he’s playing like Cafu (perhaps something to do in game if we’re chasing). 

Would I play Brereton, as despite how poor he’s looked he’s still our top scorer last two years.

Dolan or Thomas - one gives us a lot of off the ball pressure, the other adds more power and pace with the ball 

I think I’d start Kaminski over Pears but maybe keep the rest of the team the same (hard to judge if Morton’s best game was due to 3 in midfield or Hudds not wanting the ball).

Huddersfield forums were very complimentary over us, and I agree that it was the best I’ve seen us play in the league for many many weeks. 

JRC, Szmodics, Wharton, Travis are must starts, the rest can be picked around them and I wouldn’t have many complaints (defence will likely stay the same)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Pears

JRC   Carter   Hyam   Pickering

Travis    Morton    Wharton

Thomas  Szmodics Brereton

I'm not too keen on Thomas playing balls in to Sxmodics (Dolan) and Brereton.  I'd ratch see Dolan or Hedges there.  Thomas has pace but has been poor the last month and his best assets dont fit our style.  

we aren't utilising his best assets because yet again we don't have a proper central striker it was same last season when Giles first turned up.

If we had a half decent target man within this squad we'd be 6 pints better off imo but again same could be said of last season.

• Like 1

Hull manager Liam Rosenior remained tight-lipped over which players may miss the televised evening kick-off at Ewood Park but admits his squad is becoming increasingly stretched.

“We’ve got a few extra ones (injuries), which is unfortunate,” said the boss.

“I don’t want to give anything away at this stage because we’re still waiting to see if they’ll be fit for the game on Saturday. I’m not going to lie, we’re down to the bare bones.

“We’ve got a three-game week coming up so I need to be really careful with the squad.

At the moment, we’ve had a few extra ones that weren’t expected from the game against Millwall. They’re not long term but they could be doubts for possibly the next two games – Saturday and Wednesday (at Middlesbrough).

“It’s not ideal with the injury record we’ve got and the players we’re already missing. I know whatever team we put out will compete, fight and play good football, and that’s all I’m looking for.”

Edited by Hasta

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

we aren't utilising his best assets because yet again we don't have a proper central striker it was same last season when Giles first turned up.

If we had a half decent target man within this squad we'd be 6 pints better off imo but again same could be said of last season.

Agree 100%...it's not his fault but it doen't change the fact that he's currently not a good fit with our side.  It's a shame really as Gally looks like the type of guy that could bang in some crosses...but he is not. 

• Like 1