BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Leonard looked the business the moment he came on against Huddersfield, and almost scored on his debut if it wasn't for the keeper getting a hand to it. Thomas and Dolan are a must for me, they make things happen down the wings.

I liked the look of him too. Personally, I'd probably go Leonard in the middle with BBD and Dolan either side of him. It's tricky though because Thomas does give us that width. I don't really know anything about how Hull defend, maybe that would alter my thinking if I did.

38 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I liked the look of him too. Personally, I'd probably go Leonard in the middle with BBD and Dolan either side of him. It's tricky though because Thomas does give us that width. I don't really know anything about how Hull defend, maybe that would alter my thinking if I did.

Let's hope it is not very well.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

hull have got quite a few injuries so it`s even more in our hands to score a few tonight

I'm not gonna get greedy. Whilst it would be nice to hammer a team, as I can't even remember the last time we did and our goal difference sucks, I'll be happy with any form of win (unless it involves injuries for us).

Edit - just checked, the last time we beat a team by more than two (apart from friendlies) was Rotherham at Ewood, 8th October, 3-0. Even one of those was a penalty. Conversely, since then we've lost by more than 2 on 4 occasions...the last of which was, ironically, Rotherham away, 4-0, 14th January.

Edited by bluebruce

I reckon we need 6 pts from the next 2 home games of hull/Coventry. Nothing for us vs the dingles they’re better and sadly will just want it more. Then if can draw vs nob end/millwall that should keep at least one or both of those behind us. Probably nothing vs Luton in the middle of it all as they’re just the sort of side/style we always struggle against.

When look at the sides in the play off mix. Ourselves, Luton, boro, millwall, nob end, Coventry, etc. Such a shite league. There’ll be 4 piss poor sides in the playoffs whoever gets there. In that regard why not us as one of the 4. Either way really need to be beating hull at home if harbour any playoff hopes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Considerably better team, obviously, but why will a side (probably) already champions and having a late season stroll ‘want it more’ than a team still chasing promotion?

Something would be very off if that was the case.

It shouldn’t be the case but if we’re all honest the fixture just means so much more to them (the players). Always has done even when our superior class was evident. This was epitomised in the away fixture, even factoring in the suicidal style we played, they wanted it more. 

8 minutes ago, matt83 said:

It shouldn’t be the case but if we’re all honest the fixture just means so much more to them (the players). Always has done even when our superior class was evident. This was epitomised in the away fixture, even factoring in the suicidal style we played, they wanted it more. 

I don't buy that at all. It certainly didn't mean more to them when they absolutely didn't turn up and got trounced 5-0 after their first chance to play us for decades. It might mean more to their fans in a way, because they've lived under our shadow so much, but the reason they've beaten us in recent years is purely because they've had a better team. Yes, we've had a few bottle-job players in that time too, and Mowbray's holiday camp mentality, but the main factor has been they've been a better side. JDT doesn't seem to operate in the same lackadaisical, 'I'm not bothered about results' manner, and this team seem to have more bottle than TM's, even if many of the players are the same. Except for when we go behind of course, but I think that's more a tactical shortcoming.

I reckon because it means more to their fans. Don’t underestimate how much we’ve psychologically scarred them in the 90s and 00s looking up at us in envy. I think in a way it’s drilled into their players how much more it means to them. Even though they’ve been better than us for a decade we’re still the be all and end all to them. 

• Like 1

Oh their fans are completely obsessed, you see it all over social media, they constantly bang on about us even when charging to the title, I wouldn’t give them a second thought if the roles were reversed.

But team wise, I don’t see them ‘wanting it more’ at Ewood, just better players, unfortunately…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Hull have sold around 1200 tickets and they can buy tickets at Ewood tonight. That's a good effort considering the kick off time and it's liiiiiiivvvvvvve on Sky.

Hull have always had a good away support.