BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

41 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Is it? I keep hearing that word "improvement" but if you're playing "well" but not creating chances/picking up points consistently, you're not playing well.  

Give me Big Sam's football with actual results any day of the week.

You couldn't play Big Sam football with this team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crozzy said:

Who cares about that useless bastard. Could score 1000 goals in league below. Couldn’t score 1 in this league 

That wasn't my point. On the night we needed a goal, he scores for someone else and plays out of his skin. I just remember him jogging about like a schoolboy who'd won a competition.

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Absolutely. Watched all of this and the sheer confusion from the Rovers staff was incredible to watch. They weren’t expecting it to kick off, didn’t know how to react to it and where grossly under prepared. 

Another sign of Waggott’s cost cutting and dumbing down campaign if you ask me. 

if the silly **** starts celebrating in the home end he deserves all he gets

• Like 1

The Venkys reign manages to stoop to new lows. 

Talk about pride and progression. We have just allowed Burnley to do the double over us, go 30 points ahead and win the league at our ground. We have failed to win in the last 7 games at the business end of the season, slipping right down and almost certainly into another play off less season. Another summer of dumbing down and just filling gaps with kids will apparently lead to further progression though.

Tomasson has overseen a terrible run when it matters which is being viewed totally differently to when Mowbray did it and he probably will get less points over a season.

• Like 8

I think we are cursed. After the recent Sheffield, Coventry, North End and tonight’s match, we just have no luck and never seem to get a decision, it’s heartbreaking and seems unfair. 

I was really happy with the player’s effort and the support from the crowd was fantastic. The concern was that we dominated large chunks of the match and yet I can’t recall a clear chance or working the keeper. Contrast that with the Dingles one shot and a goal, why the hell do we not ever take a punt on shooting 🙈

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson has overseen a terrible run when it matters which is being viewed totally differently to when Mowbray did it and he probably will get less points over a season.

And for good reason.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Not at gaining points. No.

No, but I’m terms of performance, passing, intent, control, tactics. The thing that gives a team an identity and the platform to consistently win games rather than just scab a few with a Diaz.

We are going in the right direction. It’s been a good season.

Doesn't feel like it at the moment mind.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Think any of Szmodics, Dolan, Hedges, Thomas, BBD are good enough as the wider forwards or in the 10 role, as long as you have a proper goal scorer through the middle at number 9 who can lead the line and worry the defence when a cross or a through ball come in. But playing three or four of them without a focal point is hopeless really.

If we had a Graham or Gestede we would be a real force to be reckoned with. We don't need to find a worldy in the summer, just someone who gives you a chance against Championship centre backs when the ball goes in.

I feel like we will find one or two like that. No much data to base that opinion on. But with BBD, Ayala and probably Dack going freeing up big wages, and a strikers being the clear priority for the team, and the manager and recruitment structure being in place, we should find the right signing. If we don't I'll get the pitchfork out, but think it will happen.

I'd love some genuine pace in the front 4 too.

Burnley played on the half way line because they had zero fear of Dolan / Brereton-Diaz / Hedges running in behind them.

• Backroom

The main metric we've regressed on is scoring goals. 18 since January and 29 before January. Better balance in some areas perhaps, but a decline in something which is crucially important, with essentially the same team. It mostly comes down to BBD's total loss of form/interest, but that's why it was so important to sign another striker in January. Not getting one in was absolutely criminal. 

Also I know it's been a rough night lads, but let's try and keep it civil. It's bad enough without us having a go at each other too.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, booth said:

That wasn't my point. On the night we needed a goal, he scores for someone else and plays out of his skin. I just remember him jogging about like a schoolboy who'd won a competition.

Scored 1 in 5 for the best team in the division below. Would have added nothing to us today, just like he didn’t for the half season he was here. 
Think Gally has about 1 in 5 for us this year and look at him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not at all into this “proud” rhetoric that goes around, especially on social media. 

Hyam looked out of sorts and has since his Scotland call up. 

Carter made plenty of errors. 

Pickering responsible for their goal. 

Travis looked poor first half especially and had no control over any element of the game. 

BBD did nothing again. 

Dolan has no understanding of football, his decision making was poor. 

Hedges had no impact on the game. 

Rovers security staff where all over the shop and had little control over the stands. 

Burnley won the championship at Ewood Park.

Short of Szmodics and Wharton (especially) who I agree where great, I don’t see much good this evening.  

Exactly. Cold hard facts, it was men against boys ans I can't imagine much improvement next season.

The championship this year has been poor and we had a chace to make an impact. The failure in the January window was always going to have an impact. Once again, we are letting valuable players walk away for free at the end of the season. 

Tonight just highlighted how far behind we are.

We are going nowhere with these owners.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not at all into this “proud” rhetoric that goes around, especially on social media. 

Hyam looked out of sorts and has since his Scotland call up. 

Carter made plenty of errors. 

Pickering responsible for their goal. 

Travis looked poor first half especially and had no control over any element of the game. 

BBD did nothing again. 

Dolan has no understanding of football, his decision making was poor. 

Hedges had no impact on the game. 

Rovers security staff where all over the shop and had little control over the stands. 

Burnley won the championship at Ewood Park, making it six times in a row they’ve beat us and we’ve not scored in four.

Short of Szmodics and Wharton (especially) who I agree where great, I don’t see much good this evening.  

.....and yet, despite that litany of despair, we were the better team. 

• Like 3

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd love some genuine pace in the front 4 too.

Burnley played on the half way line because they had zero fear of Dolan / Brereton-Diaz / Hedges running in behind them.

Every team has played Rovers for about 18 months knowing we struggle upfront. The opposing manager knows he can go at us without much fear, and that's why you see lowly teams looking shocking against other teams, then they come to us and are under orders to have a go as there's always a chance.

• Like 1

Just now, Penwortham Blue said:

Another for Hirst tonight in a key promotion battle. I don’t think he was ever the answer but he didn’t get many chances and letting him go without bringing a replacement in was a huge mistake.

We’re operating at, and aiming to operate at a totally different level than we were five years ago.

Get Dom Samuel in.

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Scored 1 in 5 for the best team in the division below. Would have added nothing to us today, just like he didn’t for the half season he was here. 
Think Gally has about 1 in 5 for us this year and look at him. 

Yeah as I said that wasn't my point.