BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

How many times did our press win the ball off them high up and we pretty much stopped them doing what they have been dominant at, playing out from the back. How many times did Muric kick it long? A lot more than he wanted to I'd wager. How much did they create, how many chances? Did Pears have any more saves to make than Muric? They resorted to kicking Adam Wharton because they couldn't handle him. Cullen aside and perhaps Benson when he came on not one of their players impressed me.

They've spent £40m this season and they've got a massive rebuild job on their hands in the PL or they'll be straight back down with thrashings handed out every week. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Does not compute. We never troubled them all night.

Of course we troubled them. Didn't you see the last ditch challenges they made, hacking it out for corners and hoofing it upfield under pressure. We didn't create great chances but to say we never troubled them is nonsense.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:At any point in the match did you honestly think we were going to win it ?

Second half certainly, until they scored, but I’m a hopeless optimist and forget we couldn’t finish us dinner. 

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

Just to be clear you watched tonight and thought we defended better than they did and had more attacking threat than they did? 

They might have defended better, because they had to. We didn’t have to because they had little attacking threat. We had more.

So yes and no.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

They've spent £40m this season and they've got a massive rebuild job on their hands in the PL or they'll be straight back down with thrashings handed out every week. 

exactly,they can`t play like they do in the championship and half their side are on loan,i can`t see southampton letting tella go either

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

And yet still scored and conceded none, the bare minimum required to win a game of football.

Scored because they brought on a player they signed for around £4m and conceded none because we haven't invested in a striker since 2019.

Had Benson not been on the bench it would have ended 0-0.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think he's managed him wisely. 

He's only 18 - yes he's a superb talent, but he needs to be nurtured (and evidently his attitude has needed to be corrected). He'll be a better player for this - I just hope it's with us. 

I’ve seen 0 evidence of this at all. 
A few bizarre forum rumours maybe that in the grand scheme of the footballing world were feck all anyway. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

I’m not dwelling on any positives. Why should we… this is a dark day in the history of Blackburn Rovers.

Moderate annoyances:

1. It’s all well and good sending your keeper up for a corner in injury time, but a minute prior our centre backs we’re playing one-twos with each other at the back for a good 30 seconds. We never mix it up, we are far too wedded to one style of play, and it leads to us trying (and failing) to walk it into the net. 

2. Greg Broughton has a lot to answer for, but so does JDT. In Adam Wharton we have an exceptional footballer. How he has played so few minutes USA disgrace. Tomasson has sabotaged us with his lack of use of him and cost us points.

Major annoyance:

The Venky disease. 6 defeats by the dingles on the spin. No victory against them since they darkened our door. Now they’ve won the league (albeit the second division) at Ewood. Jack would be turning in his grave. 

Particularly agree on the point abut Adam Wharton. You could see after the Blackpool away game he was different gravy. How many points has leaving him out for most of the season when available cost us?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

And I'm sure they would trade in their title for our zero goals and our "better team" blue peter badge.

Only one thing is important, and losing well isn't it.

Of course winning is the most important thing but the debate is about who was the better team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

exactly,they can`t play like they do in the championship and half their side are on loan,i can`t see southampton letting tella go either

I’m not entirely sure they’ll have a choice, Tella will want to play at the top level and that will be with Burnley, not Southampton. 

Just now, superniko said:

I’ve seen 0 evidence of this at all. 
A few bizarre forum rumours maybe that in the grand scheme of the footballing world were feck all anyway. 

To be fair, I’ve heard from someone that knows them that attitude has long been an issue. Not a dickhead by any stretch, just not a very hard worker/doesn’t apply himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

Scored because they brought on a player they signed for around £4m and conceded none because we haven't invested in a striker since 2019.

Had Benson not been on the bench it would have ended 0-0.

Or had Pickering been told under no circumstances let Benson cut in on his left foot. He's just scored in the last two games  that way

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I've been clear all along. We created more chances, so, again, yes. 

You said we couldn't compete. We clearly did, we were the better team, we just don't have the resources they have.

Proud as punch tonight. We're on the right track. If you can't see it that's your problem. 

Did we though? If we did, the chances were slim and unlikely so not even to be called ‘half chances’ (granted a chunk of theirs has probably come from that open goal at the end).

A lot of talk about ‘taking our chances‘ again as I’ve seen week after week. I keep reverting back to the absolute diddly squat we actually created (another match with sub 1.00 xG). 
Happens when your ‘creative’ players are Diaz/Dolan/Hedges

84657AA8-15B0-4373-9844-F5989D6F9ECF.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m not dwelling on any positives. Why should we… this is a dark day in the history of Blackburn Rovers.

Moderate annoyances:

1. It’s all well and good sending your keeper up for a corner in injury time, but a minute prior our centre backs we’re playing one-twos with each other at the back for a good 30 seconds. We never mix it up, we are far too wedded to one style of play, and it leads to us trying (and failing) to walk it into the net. 

2. Greg Broughton has a lot to answer for, but so does JDT. In Adam Wharton we have an exceptional footballer. How he has played so few minutes USA disgrace. Tomasson has sabotaged us with his lack of use of him and cost us points.

Major annoyance:

The Venky disease. 6 defeats by the dingles on the spin. No victory against them since they darkened our door. Now they’ve won the league (albeit the second division) at Ewood. Jack would be turning in his grave. 

Have it right, they secured 21st place in the country and a pointless piece of tin. Big woop. If they want to give that the big 'un then so what? Shows their aspirations.

That's probably the best Burnley side that have shown up at Ewood since Venkys came and probably the best performance we've put up in that time too. It wasn't enough, but today wasn't the shambles of November

• Like 3

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I’m not entirely sure they’ll have a choice, Tella will want to play at the top level and that will be with Burnley, not Southampton. 

with the reputation he`s earned this season,burnley won`t be the only club after him,sure he`d rather play for a big club than a smelly corner near todmorden

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Of course winning is the most important thing but the debate is about who was the better team. 

I think BRFCS should just put 

WE WON or WE LOST

on a big banner on the homepage and save us all the trouble

You know how we have all these statistical measures like expected goals now? I’m convinced that if you had a way of measuring supporter happiness whereby you got a lot of points for things like coming from behind to win, beating your rivals, scoring a late winner and lost points for the opposite then we would be lower down than most teams on that measure in the last ten years. I can’t complain too much though as we had a much better time than most fans in the nineties and noughties 

• Like 1

Just now, superniko said:

Did we though? If we did, the chances were slim and unlikely so not even to be called ‘half chances’ (granted a chunk of theirs has probably come from that open goal at the end).

A lot of talk about ‘taking our chances‘ again as I’ve seen week after week. I keep reverting back to the absolute diddly squat we actually created (another match with sub 1.00 xG). 
Happens when your ‘creative’ players are Diaz/Dolan/Hedges

84657AA8-15B0-4373-9844-F5989D6F9ECF.jpeg

Can someone pick me out a few of these big chances we had? 

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

To be fair, I’ve heard from someone that knows them that attitude has long been an issue. Not a dickhead by any stretch, just not a very hard worker/doesn’t apply himself.

I doubt Tugay gave it ten to the dozen on the bleep test. Some players are different, he’s a teenager and he’s quality and gives it everything when I’ve seen him playing.
Could have been the difference this season. 

• Like 6