BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

59 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A cheap, cheap shot.

I will chose to watch Rovers' games any way I wish whether that be at a live match or on television.

Eight of us had a wonderful evening despite the result for four of us.

Yes we did 'bottle it' - a dozen empty wine bottles and over a dozen empty beer bottles landed in the recycle bin this morning.

Hope you enjoyed your night.

Not particularly, don’t really enjoy watching my beloved Blackburn Rovers get beat at home by Burnley.

But at least I was there supporting my club watching an honest bunch of lads busting a gut… but of course folk are free to watch a match wherever they please.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

On 25/04/2023 at 09:02, windymiller7 said:

Originally put this in the Championship thread where last night's ref was being discussed, however it's probably more appropriate to post in here:

Tonight's ref is Tim Robinson. The same guy who reffed our cup games with Leicester & Sheff Utd (where he failed to show a 2nd yellow to Jack Robinson). He also took charge of our games with Coventry & Bristol City (both away) earlier in the season sending off Jake Garret & Daniel Ayala in the process. Garret's was subsequently rescinded and, imo, Ayala's was a couple of soft yellows. This f*cker owes us one!!

edit: As @Tyrone Shoelaces has correctly pointed out in the Champ thread, he also completely missed the Leicester player kicking out at Travis in that game. - I'm beginning to think this guy needs a white cane & a Labrador! 

I just knew it, as soon as I looked to see who was going to be the ref last night. Well, we can now add two footed challenges & handball in the penalty area being ok according to this absolute tosspot's ever growing list of decisions against us!

Oh and simulation not being a yellow card as well.

Not that I'm totally blaming the ref as we're so toothless up front it's bordering on criminal, but he certainly didn't help.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Firstly, IMO, Broughton's mismanagement of two windows - failure to land a half decent striker and failure to close the O'Brien deal (Broughton is our DOF and it's his responsibility to ensure things get done as they should, SIMPLE AS THAT AND NO EXCUSES.  What a difference another striker and O'Brien would have made.  And secondly, I think JDT has bottled it with his team selections and tactics - fortune favours the bold and brave and not the safe and timid.   Prior to the New Year, we had more than our fair share of luck gathering points we didn't deserve - over recent games, we've found our lucky at the bank to be overdrawn; these things tend to balance out over the season so unlucky is not an adjective I would use.

I get the criticism of Tomasson but you can't say we would have been contenders had the club backed the manager SIMPLE AS, then in the next sentence blame the manager. Even with every mistake Tomasson has made this season, we would have been in the play offs or above if we'd had a striker or two, as the teams around us have.

52 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can you imagine Gareth Ainsworth playing Dolan v Burnley...?   He got a result at the turf. 

It's on the manager this, for me he can go now.

JDT out as per @Mercer post above.

Mercer didn't say JDT out did he?

Considering Ainsworth's record at QPR, and their spectacular drop down the league, along with some of the embarassing results they've had, you may want to choose who to champion more carefully.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Tom said:

A minor and insignificant point but why did Sky have Michael Brown on last night, in roughly 678 games we’ve been on sky this season he’s not been on commentary but then is there alluding to how he’s mates with a few of the Burnley lads 

It makes no odds but was annoying 

His son is at their Academy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I was there too and still am.

Good stuff!

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well please don't lecture our fans who are they are there Every home league game without fail supporting the team. 

You are obsess with mentioning about wine everytime for some reason like we need to know. 

Completely disagree with your previous opinion of the game aswell 

Don't be so sanctimonious Chaddy.  Watching Rovers is NOT MANDATORY but A CHOICE.  Football is a competing entertainments' industry.  Supporters want to be entertained, they want value for money - some 10,000 have 'opted out' over recent times.

What do you do socially?  The UK's wine market is worth about £25BILLION annually - we aren't all wrong!

Football is about opinions - our fathers and grandfathers fought in two World Wars to allow us to openly express our opinions.  You might not agree with my opinion but others do.

Just about to leave the house for a good walk followed by a lovely lunch and a glass or two or three or four of wine - is that ok?

31 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We need a dislike button.

What utter, utter nonsense from a bloke that couldn't even be bothered to attend the match.

Matter of opinion.  Not all share your opinion(s).

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not particularly, don’t really enjoy watching my beloved Blackburn Rovers get beat at home by Burnley.

But at least I was there supporting my club watching an honest bunch of lads busting a gut… but of course folk are free to watch a match wherever they please.

Nail on head!  

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

• J*B unpinned this topic

Stupid of Dolan to not go down, he could have easily had Cork sent off and it would have been the correct decision but the ref should have had the balls to dismiss him regardless, likewise the linesman has to see the handball. There is a real issue at this level and as someone posted above it hasn't evened itself out, officials have cost us some huge points recently regardless of player performance, team selection etc.

Rovers did well last night but we've too many average players Dolan, Gallagher, Travis and Pickering to name a few. For example Travis, Morton and Pickering start almost every game and simply aren't good enough if you're looking to go up.

JDT has done well with what he has and there are a good few players I'd be trying to get rid of but we are relying too much on the officials because of our inability to put the ball in the net.

Whoever's offered Brereton a contract should cancel it, he looks lost at Championship level at the minute, I don't think you ever could have said that about Benrahma, Bowen or Watkins at 24. He's a lucky boy to be getting a big money move and certainly hasn't earned it with us this season.

I'm looking forward to a clear out of players in the summer and to see who we sign. One thing Burnley do not have, amid their mass of big money Championship players, loans and questionable work permits is a player like Adam Wharton. He's going to be a joy to watch.

I thought Burnley's performance was pretty bad last night considering the money they've spent. We looked classier on the ball and are 8th. Next season's PL should be fun viewing!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The worst ever run of six defeats on the bounce againt that lot in our long and Proud history..cheers you Venky Ham Shankers.

Either back Tomasson with hard cash next season and show some intent or sell the Club and piss off for good.

I vote ( hope and pray ) for the second option.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hasta said:

I’m going to get banned at some point but honestly fuck off. We got a reply back from the EFL an hour before the deadline. You really think the paperwork was ready, but the club secretary was slow and did other things instead and happened to run over the deadline? Bollocks.

It’s meant to be a relatively simple (minutes) job to complete what we needed to send, and the EFL reply was back by 10pm. There surely was some delay that meant we were on the very last minute which caused the problem of Silvester submitting the papaerwork. However some idiots seem to be absolute in absolving Saint Gregg of any blame, despite the fact he hasn’t said otherwise and has taken full responsibility. 

He was out of his depth and he has cost us royally. 

You very CLEARLY have no idea as to the process that was in place and the reasons why it was a cock up of huge proportion.

It was down to admin and late submission of paperwork after the additional info was raised.

Rovers have admitted as much and the reason for the appeal was based around semantics of the actual processes. GB did not have any paperwork to complete or deal with, and he took the blame as a face because neither SW or the secretary had the bollocks to face up to their failures.

Instead of relying in comments from bizarre hysteria/misinformation do yourself a favour and research the issue yourself to find out the reality, you might just satisfy yourself that blame lies with others.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can you imagine Gareth Ainsworth playing Dolan v Burnley...?   He got a result at the turf. 

It's on the manager this, for me he can go now.

JDT out as per @Mercer post above.

JHC you want him out????

We have seen some drivel this season, Coventry, Wigan, Burnley, Preston, Rotherham to name but a few, but over the season we have progressed on the pitch given the resources.

Think back to ore season and many supporters expected us to struggle, we did but we still found ourselves top 8 looking at a chance of a play off, we still have a chance even now. So overall, the season hasnt been that bad despite the above.

Yes JDT appears to have made mistakes but who hasnt? Klopp/Pep and may other top managers make cock ups at times, this is his first effort in a good league, give the lad a chance and lets see of the progression moves forward next season especially with the talent we already have at the cub and all of who will have gained considerable experience wise.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You very CLEARLY have no idea as to the process that was in place and the reasons why it was a cock up of huge proportion.

It was down to admin and late submission of paperwork after the additional info was raised.

Rovers have admitted as much and the reason for the appeal was based around semantics of the actual processes. GB did not have any paperwork to complete or deal with, and he took the blame as a face because neither SW or the secretary had the bollocks to face up to their failures.

Instead of relying in comments from bizarre hysteria/misinformation do yourself a favour and research the issue yourself to find out the reality, you might just satisfy yourself that blame lies with others.

Wow, Thank you. I am not on my own in seeing it this way.

I have the highest regard for Broughton doing and saying what he did.

And the process was documented and I did read all 34 pages of it.

• Like 1

The second we conceded last night I posted the word bottlers, I would like to take that back, I was so angry and frustrated.

We gave it everything last night, we have played well in a few games now and haven't got our deserved rewards and credit to the players for not giving up! 

A good summer window and I'm sure we can go for automatics! 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, philipl said:

24 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Whose fault was it we haven’t got a striker?

Never really needed O’Brien. Just needed to play Adam Wharton.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, philipl said:

He promised a further, more in-depth interview after the appeal process and I’m still waiting. If you promise to do something, you must follow through with it, no matter how difficult or uncomfortable.

As it is, like you I have read the Arbitrator’s judgement in full, so I have all the detail I need to confirm that the abject failure was all down to the incompetence of officials at Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 4

Worked really hard last night and you can't fault them (much much improved on the away performance) but some of the comments that we played them off the park are a bit of a stretch. Always felt they could kick it up a notch. The goal obviously against the run of play and then the substitutions to chase the game really compromised our shape in midfield and we seemed to lose control.

I do think there are a lot of positives into next season if we can keep the manager (insane that some of you are calling for him to go) and build around the decent core we have (and sign a f'ing striker).

However, talking about how hard the lads tried in a defeat to our closest rivals does illustrate the massive fall in standards at this club. We have to kick on now, not waste another 11 years in the doldrums. 

• Like 1

It’s a sore one today. I thought we played well, we just missed that guile in the final third and the lack of striker in January again came back to bite us.

Wharton was out of this world. If we win that game we are talking about his performance for years. The team should be built around him next year.

A final word for the support. It’s easy in games like this to decry the opposition support but we really did put them to shame. A wall of support, even as the result ebbed away. The inability to hear their lot slightly softened the blow of them celebrating the title. 

Edited by smiller14
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The worst ever run of six defeats on the bounce againt that lot in our long and Proud history..cheers you Venky Ham Shankers.

Either back Tomasson with hard cash next season and show some intent or sell the Club and piss off for good.

Or even better, back JDT with hard cash AND then piss off for good

• Like 1