BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

You very CLEARLY have no idea as to the process that was in place and the reasons why it was a cock up of huge proportion.

It was down to admin and late submission of paperwork after the additional info was raised.

Rovers have admitted as much and the reason for the appeal was based around semantics of the actual processes. GB did not have any paperwork to complete or deal with, and he took the blame as a face because neither SW or the secretary had the bollocks to face up to their failures.

Instead of relying in comments from bizarre hysteria/misinformation do yourself a favour and research the issue yourself to find out the reality, you might just satisfy yourself that blame lies with others.

I have no idea, and as much as I've read there is a big void in the story. Now apologies if I missed it in the EFL report, but if you know fill us in on what happened in that hour. Why did we not start submitting the paper work until just before the deadline? 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

How tacky, an inflatable trophy and a second division player in Brownhill giving it the big 'un. He would have had no trouble blowing it up though. He blows his wife up every night.

When they they sing 'no one likes us' it's probably the truest thing that ever comes from their manky gobs.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 3

I agree with the comments that although we looked like we were turning the screw and starting to dominate, we never laid a glove on them, and it was all a load of bluster, but I admire the effort and desire and was proud of my team.

How much Burnley were playing in 2nd gear I don't know, for 30-40 mins they really didn't seem settled on the ball, a lot of panicked play from them, mainly down to us harrying and Wharton providing that calmness. It was only through going hard on Wharton that they started to get some joy, he's going to have to learn that. The one mistake we made got punished, they've got the players to do it. 

The one crumb of bitter comfort I have is that compared to some promoted teams we've seen at Ewood in recent years, notably that Bournemouth side last season, and previously Fulham, Norwich and even further back that Palace side, Burnley don't look as totally dominant, you can just tell a Prem ready team - it will be interesting to see how they recruit. Bournemouth last season looked streets ahead in terms of physique and just all round being able to wipe teams off the pitch. 

And for all the Burnley chat on I've read on their forum, they really seem to perpetuate this idea that they are somehow full of "class" and we are totally "class-less" - if it was the other way round how would your team/fans behave? Give your heads a wobble. I'm glad our lads showed some bitterness, JRC has gone up in my estimation for his antics, good on him. And if, at the final whistle, you've got a local rival running full pelt at you celebrating, you're not going to leave a bit in? That's football and local rivalry summed up, fuck it. The line that we're trying to deny them they're "amazing day" and they have a right to do whatever they want on our turf is insane. 

They somehow admonish Barnes from any behaviour, but any of our lads do it and they all start bleating. The only thing class about their team is their manager. 

I get it, we gave it out in 2001, they're getting their own back, it's been a tough morning living in bandit country for me, but just got to take our medicine and bottle it for when we're back, and then give it back twice as hard. The more they go on about the tickets, our "tin pot" club, our fans, the more entitled they sound. The higher you go the further you fall etc. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I need a fucking drink. 

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

How tacky, an inflatable trophy and a second division player in Brownhill giving it the big 'un. He would have had no trouble blowing it up though. He blows his wife up every night.

When they they sing 'no one likes us' it's probably the truest thing that ever comes from their manky gobs.

They sing it like it's a badge of honour, when in reality they're playing at being the northern equivalent of Millwall, and let's be honest, no one really gives two hoots about them in the main.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Trying to be the Millwall of the north when nothing could be further from the truth they are so irrelevant nobody can be even bothered not liking them except us.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I think one of them was looking for his mummy cos it was past his bedtime!

Daft kids running amock wanting selfies in the centre circle, got mistaken for Burnley fans outside as they were shouting "we got in". Lad at the end running on with his hand in his pocket, who knows what he's carrying. Does your head in. 

Special mention to the lad near me who had to ask where the bogs where and then spent the second half shouting obscenities at his own team about how bad they were in his eyes, absolute tool. Kids throwing chips at my Dad. Hate part time supporters. Where were you when we were a little bit shitter than we are/were?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Daft kids running amock wanting selfies in the centre circle, got mistaken for Burnley fans outside as they were shouting "we got in". Lad at the end running on with his hand in his pocket, who knows what he's carrying. Does your head in. 

Special mention to the lad near me who had to ask where the bogs where and then spent the second half shouting obscenities at his own team about how bad they were in his eyes, absolute tool. Kids throwing chips at my Dad. Hate part time supporters. Where were you when we were a little bit shitter than we are/were?

I had a couple sat behind me in the JWU. B*stard this, b*stard that....absolute no nowt goons.

Constantly kicking our seats & verbally abusing/threatening the ST holding lad sat next to them. 

They got their just desserts when a steward threw them out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I have no idea, and as much as I've read there is a big void in the story. Now apologies if I missed it in the EFL report, but if you know fill us in on what happened in that hour. Why did we not start submitting the paper work until just before the deadline? 

You haven’t missed anything. This is the detail that only Greg B and Rovers can provide and why, I believe he hasn’t given the promised post appeal interview. The Arbitrator’s report clearly shows that Rovers had no case but the reason for the delay and what they were up to, whilst Rome burned, can only be clarified by Broughton / Rovers.

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Every club has ‘part time supporters’, and said part timers will come out for big games. That’s football. Odd thing to get wound up about. 

Where i sit normally has a scattering of people and a lot of empties right at the back of the JWU but last night it was rammed and it was electric.  I'll have that anyday the £10 tickets seem to bring more annoying clueless up and down the stairs all night then do one ten mins before the end if we aren't winning brigade.

Last night most were on their feet throughout cheering on the lads and not a dingle in sight.

7 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

OK, last summer, Mowbray and half the team had gone followed by not one of the fans favourites being hired.

The drums of Venky doom were being played as we all expected a horrible season fighting relegation under someone cheap, hired in desperation.

Suddenly we hired GB and JDT. Eyebrows and hopes were raised. What is this ?

We had long clamoured to start our promising youth under Mowbray, yet he stubbornly used men anywhere on the park. Men who didn't care enough about Rovers to sign new contracts.

On the pitch we got our wish to see our youth stutter, grow and flourish in front of our eyes. Adam Wharton's Blue and White was ringing out last night with pride.

Relegation ? No....

A play off push keeping the embers of hope burning with only 2 to go.

Two cup runs filled with pride we had long forgotten about.

On the pitch, JDT has done his job this season, his first season.

I applaud. Well done Jon and Thank You.

Off the pitch, it's now over to you Gregg !

Get us what we need so we can have our own promotion party this time next season.

Even sweeter in a Burnley relegation season.

I just dont get this huge disparity between last season and this, to me they are so similar. Both seasons in which we maintained top 6 places for the majority of the season only to stumble badly in the last few months. This season, a run of 7 without a win when it matters, all the usual hard luck stories, late goals, missed penalties, whatever, and just a realisation that we aren't up to it. Big if but if we draw and win, we will finish on the same points with not far off the same squad, with both seasons seeing younger than average sides each week.

All in all, I'd say the job Tomasson has done this season and Mowbray last season are both above average considering how shoddily the club is run above them. And of course Tomasson should stay and I get that from a stronger initial position mainly down to Mowbray, he is new to the job and has not outstayed his welcome unlike his predecessor. But there isn't the disparity between the 2 seasons.

Will things change next season? Probably not. Minimal money and already an expectation of even more of a reliance on young players replacing any experience we have. And even if we are in a promising position, will anyone have any faith that we can see it through?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I just dont get this huge disparity between last season and this, to me they are so similar. Both seasons in which we maintained top 6 places for the majority of the season only to stumble badly in the last few months. This season, a run of 7 without a win when it matters, all the usual hard luck stories, late goals, missed penalties, whatever, and just a realisation that we aren't up to it. Big if but if we draw and win, we will finish on the same points with not far off the same squad, with both seasons seeing younger than average sides each week.

All in all, I'd say the job Tomasson has done this season and Mowbray last season are both above average considering how shoddily the club is run above them. And of course Tomasson should stay and I get that from a stronger initial position mainly down to Mowbray, he is new to the job and has not outstayed his welcome unlike his predecessor. But there isn't the disparity between the 2 seasons.

Will things change next season? Probably not. Minimal money and already an expectation of even more of a reliance on young players replacing any experience we have. And even if we are in a promising position, will anyone have any faith that we can see it through?

One plus for me is that JDT doesn’t belittle our club. He looks like he enjoys the job and is privileged to have it, despite his fantastic career and world class pedigree. The journeyman from Middlesbrough, seemed to resent every minute he spent here and that he was doing us a favour and and made you feel like slitting your wrists in his pre and post match monologues.

• Like 4

Just now, Penwortham Blue said:

One plus for me is that JDT doesn’t belittle our club. He looks like he enjoys the job and is privileged to have it, despite his fantastic career and world class pedigree. The journeyman from Middlesbrough, seemed to resent every minute he spent here and that he was doing us a favour and and made you feel like slitting your wrists in his pre and post match monologues.

For the first couple of years Mowbray had our fans eating out of his hands (I found it bizarre) with his stories and his jumpers for goalposts routine. It was only when results worsened that people started to micro analyse every press conference to conclude that he didnt want to be here which equally was strange. He did a decent job, tried his best, probably would have stayed but moved on which was the best for all concerned.