BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

I think we can win it. Out fate is in our own hands still. It’s tough, but if we win this, Luton will be resting players, having already made the top six. That would mean we can go into the final match, with a very good chance still.

I can’t contemplate losing and them clinching it at our place. 

Although a draw would not be a disaster, it does then mean, rely on others. 

• Like 1

According to quite a few posters pretty much every one of the last five have been must win, we haven't won and are still in with a good shout. Whatever the result I'm confident we will be going to Millwall with it all to play for.

• Like 5

I can see this top 6 race going to the wire or near as damn it so anything from this game is massive.

The players though will be physically and mentally on the floor after the last week and this is the worst possible game to pop up now. They'll need all the support they can get but sadly the clowns running the show have ensured it'll just the the usual hardcore support scattered around the stadium.

Maybe that will help though as at least those turning up should be under no illusions.

Rovers  1    Crowd obsessed Small Time Hypocrites   1

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team for this game

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Morton Wharton

Hedges Szmodics BBD 

This will go down to the last game against Millwall where it could be winner takes all and that last playoff place 

Has to be that line up.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

According to quite a few posters pretty much every one of the last five have been must win, we haven't won and are still in with a good shout. Whatever the result I'm confident we will be going to Millwall with it all to play for.

I think you’re probably right but as it currently stands, before today’s West Brom match, we can only guarantee a place with 9 points. Highly unlikely but I can see Coventry getting two wins and so even a 7 point haul doesn’t see us overturning them.

• J*B pinned this topic
19 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I think you’re probably right but as it currently stands, before today’s West Brom match, we can only guarantee a place with 9 points. Highly unlikely but I can see Coventry getting two wins and so even a 7 point haul doesn’t see us overturning them.

Can you see Coventry winning at Middlesbrough?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team for this game

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Morton Wharton

Hedges Szmodics BBD 

This will go down to the last game against Millwall where it could be winner takes all and that last playoff place 

I’m sorry but our inability to see the last two games over the line has done for us regarding the play-offs. Just Tuesday’s Cup Final to play for now.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Can you see Coventry winning at Middlesbrough?

They will win that one. A bit like us V Luton, Boro will not risk using their best players and having them missing for the play off games. Both fixtures will be similar to Huddersfield V Birmingham, in our relegation season. 

• Like 1

Not a chance of getting anything from this match.

Only consolation is I backed them to win the league after watching their first match v Huddersfield. The winnings will cover my lost bets on Rovers.

Our team selection and performance in the away match was an utter capitulation, I'll never forget JDTs piss poor effort for that one.

COYB

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to the antics of Huddersfield Town a few seasons ago.

And now they are complaining about it being done to them. We went down on goals scored. 

Pears

JRC   Carter   Hyam  Pickering

Travis    Wharton

Hedges    Szmodics   Brereton

Dack

Kaminski, Ayala, Phillips, Garrett, Dolan, Thomas, Leonard

The prospect of Morton against this lot terrifies me. Scott Wharton’s recent performances aren’t good enough for a place on the bench regardless of where he was born. I’d also take away any temptation to bring him and Brittain on as it leads to disaster.

No expectations, but a demand of 100% effort and no stupidity.

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Pears

JRC   Carter   Hyam  Pickering

Travis    Wharton

Hedges    Szmodics   Brereton

Dack

Kaminski, Ayala, Phillips, Garrett, Dolan, Thomas, Leonard

The prospect of Morton against this lot terrifies me. Scott Wharton’s recent performances aren’t good enough for a place on the bench regardless of where he was born. I’d also take away any temptation to bring him and Brittain on as it leads to disaster.

No expectations, but a demand of 100% effort and no stupidity.

This is exactly how I'd play. Morton wasn't bad yesterday but lost the ball too much and he'll get so badly bullied against Burnley we can't risk it. Dack will get himself in the right position in and around the box, we can't drop SS as his energy is vital and I can see them working together well

• Like 1