BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

Just off my eye. Pears doesn't give us the confidence. Under a higher ball he's shaky, he chooses to punch everything and often that goes wrong too. 

Tommy is just a better goalkeeper for me.

I think the weakness of Pears that you highlighted is also Kaminski's main weakness. In my view Pears has done little wrong, certainly nowhere near enough to be dropped.

• Like 3

This is exactly a game we on paper will lose thoroughly. Only real scrappers in the team are Travis, Hyam and maybe Carter, no edge up front to go direct to which is key when football goes out the window.

But will be a different atmosphere with a massive crowd, lots of volume and we've got a history of unexpected results this season. So all we can do is live in hope.

9 hours ago, 47er said:

It would be astonishing and utterly galling if Mowbray got his team into the play-offs at the first attempt with the youngest side in the Championship!

After years of faffing about with us.

Surely Sunderland are not ready, surely they need to go on a journey, surely promotion can'r be conjured up in no time?

I watched them yesterday. I was really impressed. Their passing and movement was excellent. All they were missing was the central striker who’s out injured. The lad we were after that eventually signed for them ( Geldhardt ? ) ran around a lot but he’s not a central striker, more like Szmodics.

After criticising Mowbray for years I’m starting to think it was the players all along.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Better class of loan, Geldhardt and Diallo...we got Clarkson and some other schmucks

Geldhardt didn’t do much yesterday but he’s not a central striker and that’s were he was having to play. Diallo, in and out but obviously a classy player. A bit like the kid Elliot we loaned. Clarkson M O M yesterday for Aberdeen  against Rangers yesterday. Not the first time he’s been M O M either. He’s thriving up there, I thought he’d struggle.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I watched them yesterday. I was really impressed. Their passing and movement was excellent. All they were missing was the central striker who’s out injured. The lad we were after that eventually signed for them ( Geldhardt ? ) ran around a lot he’s not a central striker, more like Szmodics.

After criticising Mowbray for years I’m starting to think it was the players all along.

I still think it was high time Mowbray left, but the “project” mentality and player development prioritisation at Rovers seems to seep into whoever is manager and players on the pitch.

It’s no coincidence that we suffer an annual fade out at the business end of the season.

9 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

We'll be smashed, and if they can, they'll officially win the division at Ewood Park. Then there will be some fighting amongst the crowd. 

I can't see anything other than a worst case scenario.

There’ll be trouble you can put your house on that this time. The late KO has made sure of that. I hope Lancashire’s finest are there in numbers along with the horses and dogs.

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I still think it was high time Mowbray left, but the “project” mentality and player development prioritisation at Rovers seems to seep into whoever is manager and players on the pitch.

It’s no coincidence that we suffer an annual fade out at the business end of the season.

They had the “ passing it out from the back “ off really well. Good movement and quick, crisp passing. Having said that the only time it really came unstuck WBA scored from it. This was against a rough and tumble WBA that tried to bully the kids that Sunderland had out. Youngest starting 11 in the league yesterday. Credit were credit is due.

If we played either of those two tomorrow. Sunderland would out football us and WBA would bully us out of it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Does anyone know how many have been sold for this? I can’t see a “big crowd” being there as what people are suggesting. 

Where’s @goozburger when you need him?

But I’d estimate a total gate of around 16,000 by KO. But that’s with a late flurry, maybe even c15k.

£30-£35 was a good idea for a midweek Sky game with minimal away support, wasn’t it…

Edited by Mattyblue

IF we can get a positive result tomorrow, I might just be able to shake off the disappointment of the last two games. It’s going to take a huge effort and absolutely everyone being on top form. 

The team talk should be easy. Show them the game from earlier in the season and say we need to do everything we didn’t do in that game. Be aggressive without the ball and brave when on the ball. Leave absolutely everything out there.

COYB!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Does anyone know how many have been sold for this? I can’t see a “big crowd” being there as what people are suggesting. 

From the Ticket Map, around 14,800 so far in the JW, Riverside and BBE Lower.

Would have been way more without the ordering requirements, then again the home stands would have been full of dingles no doubt.

Edited by TheRevAshton

4 minutes ago, Gaz85 said:

IF we can get a positive result tomorrow, I might just be able to shake off the disappointment of the last two games. It’s going to take a huge effort and absolutely everyone being on top form. 

The team talk should be easy. Show them the game from earlier in the season and say we need to do everything we didn’t do in that game. Be aggressive without the ball and brave when on the ball. Leave absolutely everything out there.

COYB!!

I want blown up photos of the Burnley player holding up three fingers in every players place in the dressing room tomorrow night. If that doesn’t motivate them, nothing will.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4