BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

20 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

BBE lower sold out 

family section got single seats dotted about and the end blocks where you can see newt have a few available together 

Jw upper on both sides plenty available 

riverside shockingly empty as usual

think this proves how fickle our fan base is, regardless of it being a night match this should be every rovers fans number 1 game to attend especially local ones, be pretty sure if we was sitting pretty on good form the crowd would be big, even in recent years riverside and jw lowers we’re always full too, so why not now ? Chance to get us up and running back in the play offs again, they turned up for games like Bournemouth and Boxing Day encounters etc so why not in a arch derby ? 

riverside though being nearly 6k capacity is way too big, it’s embarrassing, not exactly a walk ons choice so it’s mainly filled with the same dedicated riversides, soon as money is available that stand needs pulling down and rebuilt in line and identical to the other 3 with half the capacity it is at now, not only is it always depressingly empty making it an eyesore from the view of the JW especially but also it’s away from the pitch, the red and blue seating bothers anybody with OCD and pride in their stadium plus the fact the gantry makes it look worse and the back of it is an embarrassment for a clue of our stature.. if you walk round the back it’s used as a dumping ground with old advertising boards and furniture etc dumped in it like something you’d see in non league. All that needs to be brought up with waggot, cause of funds ain’t currently there to redevelop which they obviously aren't then atleast tidy it up and jazz the place up and make it look professional instead of a non league eye sore 

Not fickle at all, the very opposite in fact, we normally sell c5k walk on tickets for a Dingle game… we’ve sold c5k walk on tickets. Indeed that standard 5k normally is at a weekend too.

If the club wanted more they should have priced a Sky midweek game more sensibly, not £30-£35….

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

There would be way more tickets sold right now if it wasn't for the booking requirements, which were rightly put in place to prevent the dingles from filling the home stands.

I bet there have been a good number of Rovers fans unable to purchase tickets, due to not having booked enough games on their account.

Btw does anyone know what the booking requirement is exactly? 3 games? 5 games?

Perhaps we could shorten that now... maybe allowing people to book if they purchased tickets 1/2 times in 2022, for example.

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

-----------------Kaminski

JRC-------Carter----Hyam----Pickering

-----Travis-----Garrett----Wharton

---Hedges----Szmodics---BBD 

I'd be happy with that. 
Whilst Pears has done nothing wrong, I just feel a bit safer with Kaminski between the sticks.
5 academy lads should know how important the game is (only started 2 away)
I like the look of that midfield 3. 

40 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

There would be way more tickets sold right now if it wasn't for the booking requirements, which were rightly put in place to prevent the dingles from filling the home stands.

I bet there have been a good number of Rovers fans unable to purchase tickets, due to not having booked enough games on their account.

Btw does anyone know what the booking requirement is exactly? 3 games? 5 games?

Perhaps we could shorten that now... maybe allowing people to book if they purchased tickets 1/2 times in 2022, for example.

I'm unaware of any person who wanted to go that couldn't get tickets, either personally or online.

I seriously doubt there are a significant number of Rovers fans who wanted to attend who wouldn't meet the requirements, and who also do not know a season ticket holder well enough to ask them to buy them a ticket.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I'd keep Szmodics up top centrally and bring Garrett in for Morton. I'd definitely have Leonard on the bench though with the intention of him playing a good amount of the second half. 

Only other option I see is playing a 4231 with Szmodics up top and Dack in the number 10 position. However I'd be pained to see us move away from 433 against Burnley. I think they will dominate the midfield if we've only got 2 players in there.

Totally agree with this - providing they can both keep their heads - having two scrappers in midfield might be better anyway.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Anybody know of any pub closures or limitations tomorrow around Ewood / Livesey (other than being home fans only). I'm hearing a couple of mixed reports.

Golden cup and fernhurst both closed

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Firstly, I think limiting Burnley to just 2,000 tickets will back fire as it's very likely many of their fans will have sought to get tickets for other parts of the ground.

Secondly, allowing Burnley fans to make their own way to the ground?!

Thirdly, think some Burnley fans will make their way to Blackburn without tickets and occupy pubs showing the game.

Stay safe those Rovers' fans attending.  I along with a good number of others I know have reluctantly opted to watch the match from our own safe environments.  It's a sad day when football has come to this and I think it's time those Rovers and Burnley fans who harbour a moronic and imbecilic hatred came to their senses. 

I know you have been following Rovers for 60 years but can’t believe you have elected not to go tomorrow and provide your support, when most needed. Should we all stay away and wrap ourselves in cotton wool or stand up up and be counted, rather than be bullied or finding excuses not to support our team.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's rare they open the lower tier they usually just make the top available so i expect that to be the case.

Yeah I read that so thanks for confirming, then I watched some of their highlights on YouTube to suss it out and the dingles were in the bottom tier so maybe they release more if the demand is there?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I’d rather make the play offs, neither of your scenarios guarantees it.

Was just a question 🤣 the second option was to make it a little harder. I'll go again, lose tomorrow and make the playoffs or win tomorrow and don't make them?

8 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

Why are the pubs shutting? Pretty sure I walked past a few over there at the away game.

EDIT - Fox & Hounds is opening as usual.

According to twitter all open to home fans as usual except Golden Cup and Fernhurst both being closed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Just remember Lie Tella and Harwood-Bellend how they celebrated like they had won the World Cup. Remember the drink driver with his interview when he referred to us as Bastards. Remember that lot singing "you're fucking shit" as the players and us fans trooped out. And take them thoughts to Ewood tomorrow night.

Agree, there are a lot of wrongs to right tomorrow night.

Genuinely think we'll turn them over.

If Garrett or Travis can smash one of theirs late on (ideally that finger-pointing lad, or the Fatboy up front) and then celebrate with a nice little taunt in their direction, that would go some way to repair the damage from the first game.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there will be lots of scruffy dingles intent on robbing people of their tickets tommorow,so be safe and don`t walk into trouble

Highly unlikely yet again more needless scare mongering putting people off going this is Burnley for gods sake not Celtic or Man City they barely have any fans anyway.

• Like 5